=][= Chimera Variant Challenge =][=

duz_

Really cool effects on the lascannon barrel and heavy flamer nozzle, as well as the drip/splash on the dozer plus its weathering. Cool use of those cross insignia, too. Well done. 

Thank you.   I had fun with it.  The cross decal was left over from a German Hanomag model that I converted into an Ork truck.  I figured on it's side it made an interesting "troops" symbol maybe.

This is where I'm at with the Salamander. I'm thinking i'll call it done and get on with painting it. I might add track guards to it if I can find enough pieces but I don't want to throw too much stuff on it. The Commander and his Bodyguard is separate until I figure out a paint scheme for them.

SalamanderWip3

Salamanderwip4

I already built this in the fall for my GSC, does this count? I've sprayed the top and bottom separately but I have no idea how to paint it, I'm going to have to cut the operator out because there's no way I can paint him in there.

With a proper vow it does

The heresy we can deal with later ;)

I, Etheneus, with the help of a techpriest enginseer vow to repurpose this battle damaged chimera into a Artemia pattern Hellhound to purge the Aldeari Xenos with fire in the name of the Emperor!

jGc99Ay.jpg

Finally ready to do this. Having built and painted the last of 14 heavy weapons.

So as mentioned previously in this thread I got this chimera cheap on a swedish Ebay equivalent. I already have three so no need of a fourth now.

I wanted to make it a salamander scout or command but I'll be waiting to do that until the new Forge World Codexes is coming.

Soon I'll have a game against a joint Drukhari and Craftworld list, Ultra Marines will be by my side, and I thought a Hellhound would be cool. It will be built like the forge world variant but I'll probably play it as a regular.

It will be painted as the Sentinel on the picture, in swedish M/90 camo.

Got a couple hours in on the turret today. Doesn't seem like much given how much time I spent on it, but it's progress. 

aUhfpky.png

I did have a head on the figure with blutac but it kept falling off and I didn't want to glue it yet. You get the idea though. :)

Love this thread. I found some old Chimeras from my first guard army the other day so thought I'd refurbish them. I'm not sure if starting from a finished model then altering it counts for this challenge, but posting here instead. Behold, the transformation from regular chimera to 'warrior pattern' chimera:

gallery_95578_13095_20341.jpg

gallery_95578_13095_570154.jpg

gallery_95578_13095_401739.jpg

I've also turned one into an ambulance and one into a sort of trojan, but they're just taking of turrets and sticking gubbins on.

We're into the final month of the challenge! Hopefully we will see a few more completions! Or at the very least some painted wips :tu:

/looks at unprimed entry :ermm:

Completed! Quintus company lost their third platoon in a ambush by cowardly eldars whom of course retreated when the mighty forces of the imperium came to destroy them.

All three of the platoons chimeras was destroyed but one was only hit in the rear killing all personnel and burning out the interior.

The techpriests salvaged it and stone other parts from the planet to remake the chimera into a Hellhound. Survivors of third platoon was forced to voluntarily keep serve in the vehicle.

ShUz8V2.jpg

9lggnkJ.jpg

k41MJ1s.jpg

The chimera is magnetized but I lack the pintle mount, hull heavy bolter and other options. Will probably fix that some day but right now this is what I have.

The end of the turret can be switched to make it a devil dog and will probably make a bane wolf end someday too.

Part of me is glad I don't have the bits and that to join in as I could never hope to match the quality or imagination here :laugh.: Don't forget to show us your progress when you can, part of the journey for kitbashing and conversion work is showing how you did it after all :smile.:

I may be able to jump in but it's going to be super late and just for the fun of it. I found a set of chimera tracks in my bitz box. My big bitz box has gone missing. I'm wondering if I threw it out last year and just don't remember. Brain damage will do that to you. 

Updated!

Final two weeks of the challenge are burning through quickly!
Even in the last few weeks we've seen some more entrants join in the great work and even complete their vows!

Some great WiP's in the meanwhile too! Lets push for this final stretch so we all can have a great Mech Inf army in 9th ;)

Hope to get my airbrush out today and make some progress on my vow! 

Special commendations to the following commanders for already completing their vows!

The turret was definitely worth the effort! That looks great can't wait to see some paint on it

Would make an awesome counts as hydra

You could deploy the chimera and hydra together "uncouple" the hydra battery and move the chimera around :tu:

Thanks!

Ooh I like that idea, I was also thinking it would be a decent counts as praetor Armored assault launcher or in the future I make another rear that's like the cargo rear for the real life vityaz and run it as a crassus armored transport. The flexibility is way more than I would have guessed starting out. It'll be real fun when I finally start doing custom campaigns and custom support vehicle rules. Edited by Mikhail the Valhallan