++ A Hunter's Call ++ (Modeling Challenge)

PeteySödes

gallery_2327_15075_79987.jpg

Can you feel it...

You are called to the hunt.

In preparation for ++][++ THE LOCK DOWN PAINTING CHALLENGE ++][++ The Hunt has been called. You, Sons and Daughters of Fenris, are to build at least one ( 1 ) Space Wolf model and Up to two ( 2 ) more models whether they be Wolves, or our prey ( any faction ); in preparation for this painting event!

WHAT: The Challenge is simple, build one to three models for the Lockdown Challenge. The model must be fully built or built in sub assembly ready for painting. (These models/parts may be primed)

WHEN: The event will run up to, and concurrent, with the Lockdown Challenge.

WHERE: The Event will be run from the halls of the fang.

HOW: Make your vow in the format (or any creative variant) provided below.

"I, {Insert name here} hear the call and vow to build {UP to 3 models. 1 required to be of the Route, the other 2 can be of any faction xenos, heretic, imperial} for the Glory of Russ, the ALLFATHER and the HUNT! on or by the 15th of MAY 2020"

Commendations (to be shared later) for:

• Building up to 3 models. (Only one must be a wolf, YEP you read that right!)
  • Writing a fluff piece upon completion describing the relationship between your chosen models. Who is the hunter and who is the hunted?
  • Successful LD Challenge follow through for the Fang

The hunt is a time of joy and celebration! For this reason there are no failures here, you take what you kill. Aim high and reap the rewards brothers!

And be sure to represent the Fang with honor!

The Hunting Party

Zephaniah Adriyen - BUILT

Kassill - BUILT

Triszin

BadgersinHills

QuarterPounder

ranulf the revenant

Salty Beard

Boytoy

mactire

Judcottrell

Bryan Blaire - BUILT

Focslain - BUILT

PeteyS Edited by PeteySödes

Gah! If this had been a few days earlier. I just built two Wolf Guard Pack Leaders for my Grey Hunters, out of my bits box. I'm not sure I could muster another.

That said... I might just scrounge something up.

Edit: Scrounged something up. I ripped apart a Chaos Sorcerer with relatively non-Chaos parts which should look in line with a Vlka aesthetic and got this out of it. So I'll be vowing a Huskarl with Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield, clearly. As in, now.

IMG_20200429_123541310.jpg

I, Zephaniah Adriyen, hear the call and vow one Huskarl with Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield. This will be reclaimed from bits box and scrap model parts, and fully assembled within the hour, for the glory of Russ, the Allfather, and the hunt!

Edit: I went with a power fist in the end, because I couldn't find a Thunder Hammer and the power fist is probably better in the long run nowadays. Sorry for the blurry photo. I said within the hour, didn't I?

IMG_20200429_131556026.jpg

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

"I, Kassill, hear the call and vow one Primaris Wolf Priest for the Glory of Russ, the Allfather, and the Hunt! On or by the 15th of May, 2020"

I just finished moving today and my hobby stuff is still packed, but this will give me a reason not to leave it packed away for too long as I have been known to do. I also just received some bits a week ago for the conversion I am planning on this model. 

Rally warriors of Russ, answer the call and let them witness our bared fangs! 

Now, What do I model? hmmm

"I, {Triszin} hear the call and vow to build {1 incursors seargent to earn his honor to hunt, 1 fowl abominant, and 1 weird boy warp 'ead! }the Glory of Russ, the ALLFATHER and the HUNT! on or by the 15th of MAY 2020"

:D

Edited by Triszin

Fun idea!

I, QuarterPounder, hear the call and vow to build Ragnar the New and a bodyguard of 5x Reivers for the Glory of Russ, the ALLFATHER and the HUNT on or by the 15th of MAY 2020!

And maybe a Wolf Priest in Terminator Armor, if I can pull together the appropriate pieces from the depths of my bitz box.

Edited by QuarterPounder

OK, so after my brother declined my request to use his classic metal demon prince in this :whistling: my vow will be - in similiar vain as Ragnar's newest adventures - the following:

I, Ranulf, the Revenant hear the call and vow to build one hero of the fang with thunderhammer and jump pack preying on a savage greenskin beast - for the Glory of Russ, the ALLFATHER and the HUNT! on or by the 15th of MAY 2020.

I'll need some parts for this, but I think it'll be fun :happy.: ....

I started with my hero... still have to look for some legs...

cfnSrFn.jpg

IQSxojO.jpg

QIsGERS.jpg

I like him already. I think I will build some kind of diorama-thing with the ork (he will be detachable).

Edited by ranulf the revenant

I, Mactire, hear the call and vow to build a WolfGuard hunter and two thrice damned Black Legionnaires for the Glory of Russ, the AllFather and the Hunt! on or by the 15th of May 2020 and represent my Brothers in the Lockdown Challenge.

Rough version below, the WG will be wearing a jet pack and I hope to have the spear head buried in the BL, with him holding the shaft/blade in the left hand that normally grips a bolter, the other one will be bullet marked.

med_gallery_61271_16066_752447.jpg

I, Judcottrell hear the call and vow to build 3 models. 1 Wolfguard Terminator, 1 Blood Claw and a Tyranid Warrior for the Glory of Russ, the ALLFATHER and the HUNT! on or by the 15th of MAY 2020

I’m chomping at the bitt to get going! I’ll post pics of the pledge soon!

I, Focslain hear the call and vow to build 1 thunderwolf calvary sgt, 1 flying hive tyrant and 1 gargoyle for the Glory of Russ, the ALLFATHER and the HUNT! on or by the 15th of MAY 2020

I was going to save as many wolf and marine models for the ETL, but I have 6 thunderwolves (I think, might be 9) so I can spare one.

The story kind of writes itself.

The story kind of writes itself.

Regardless im eager to hear what you come up with!

At any rate, lets get back to business:

I, PeteySödes, hear the call and vow to build an Intercessor Sgt. who in turn vows to hunt down 2 foul heretics (mutant and cultist) for the Glory of Russ, the ALLFATHER and the HUNT! on or by the 15th of MAY 2020!

Updated!

Edited by PeteySödes

I, TiguriusX hear the call and vow to build 2 invictor tactical warsuits for the Glory of Russ, the ALLFATHER and the HUNT! on or by the 15th of MAY 2020

The saga of Krona and Vruss...vanguard of my fenrisian primaris marines. These silent hunters chase prey to ground before calling in a surgical strike from orbital reinforcements to finish the job.

They are responsible for clearing chaff and counter charging any unexpected threats to their phobos brothers on foot

Edited by TiguriusX