++ A Hunter's Call ++ (Modeling Challenge)

PeteySödes

progress on my abominant and warp ead

CdDNf39.jpg?1

avjfkNX.jpg?1

l4prmY0.jpg?1

Its crazy how small the Abominant model is...especially after reading stories on it and looking at its stats...he could easily take a 5man squad of incursors to the face when they charge and maybe take 1 or 2 wounds, kill 2 or 3 then next turn he heals himself and kills the rest Edited by Debauchery101

Ya, after I put it together... I was like maybe I should get the new Goliath's from Munda and use them. Might do it at some point and use him as a abberant

I was trying to brainstorm something myself but i don't have any large infantry without armor. I wish I had some Bullgryns. They'd be perfect

Some incredible models already guys!

As it's been suggested there should be a narrative aspect and I've recently finished a couple of models I thought I'd give it a first go at a short story fan fiction involving those completed models.

I painted a Plague Marine (guidance from Mr Omelette), I painted an Inquisitor (made by Pandorasbitzbox as a Christmas present a few chirstmas' ago. I've also included another of Pandorasbitzbox's models because his possessed marine was too cool not to be involved in the narrative!

I also used Bryan Blaire's Space wolf name generator. Fantastic tool! Came across my own surname too IRL, couldn't bring myself to use it as it sounds so mundane to my ears.

--------------------- Transmission incoming ------------

The ice and the wind howled over the sounds of gun fire. They'd been stuck fighting these Mutants for hours and taken heavy loses. There were just too many of them and no sign yet of the quarry. A nagging thought entered Drake's mind, these twists will have to waitTime was running out.

"Everybody inside!" barked Inquisitor Drake Snow.  The complex was vast but they could enter through the most southern point of the site.  A small room and a hallway led into the main complex.  They were close enough now to get there alive.

When they reached the building, Captain Konor ordered his men to blow the doors and secure the room.  They didn't look too slick but they were the fastest hired help Drake could get under the circumstances and by the Emperor, he needed them today.  BOOM. Drake could see the men doing their jobs as they filed into the building. WAIT.  Being a psyker he could sense something in the darkness. 

Bolter fire, loud and clear.  Whatever was in that room was no twist. The last two men fell back out of the doors with their chests blown open. He could hear the heavy thumping strides. Another hired hand was thrown through the window.  Drake could see the arm and the bloated armour disappearing.  This is going to get so much worse before it gets better.  "Plague Marine!"

img_20200503_142356-1.jpg

Drake had reached the doorway, and was flush against the wall just outside the carnage. "Krak grenade!" Drake shouted over the gale to the man next to him. He dispensed the same advice for dealing with Chaos Marines his crazy Ordo drill sergeant had given him "when you see him smile that's when you throw". "We're going in" Drake ordered.  He swung the harness of his smart gun around the door as he stepped inside with the easy movements of a seasoned pro. "Pull the pin" he spoke calmly to his paid ally.

img_20200505_223622-e1588804921975.jpg?w

Brrrt, Brrrt, Brrrt. As the room was lit with muzzle flash he could see Captain Konor stabbed with a foul blade. Worse still as the Plague Marine turned his gloating head to look, he could see he was wearing a helmet. "I'll give you something to smile about". Brrrt, Brrrt, Brrrt. The rapid shots cut into the massive armour across the stomach of the blasphemous marine. Thick blood crawled out as the armour rent into mockery of a laughing maw. "Throw!" The panicked hired hand threw the grenade right on time and target. The room shook as the Plague Marine was torn asunder, the roof started to fall just as the last of the mercenaries entered.

He's here. But you're too late.

He only had two men left. On his orders they traversed that cursed room and into the long hallway.  He thought he could hear the running footsteps now but he was so tired, the day had been so long and it wasn't getting any shorter.

You're too late.

Drake could definitely hear boots running, away. "Go we've got him on the run" He called out as he ran down the corridor. His men ran ahead in pursuit and into the hall. The distinctive sound of a blade puncturing flesh, the last two of the mercs fell including the damn flamer. Blood spatter and gore sprayed into the air. More boot pounding floor and the door on the far side swung closed.

Drake used the will "you can't run Drenn. I WILL find you".

"You're too late Drake!" came the shouted reply.

The lights flickered in the hall as Drake cautiously approached the door gun tip pointing ahead. Outside with snow gently falling was a small courtyard partially protected from the storm. In the centre was Drenn Svarnir, standing with his head bowed. He had dropped his weapons by his side. Surrender? Not likely. The screech of power armour cracking and otherworldly gutteral sounds filled the air. Drenn's armour opened up like an egg and the yolk flew straight up and clutched a lamp post directly above.

img_20200507_141352.jpg

Drake had seen some sights in his time but this beat the lot. The beast had Drenn's face but the rest of him was writhing tentacles and sticky ichor. His hesitation was too prolonged and the daemon that was Drenn snatched the gun and harness from Drakes grasp and dangled it aloft like a child teasing a younger sibling. Drake drew his combat knife, now his only weapon.

"You're too late Drake. The galaxy will burn" said the daemon voice no longer belonging to Drenn.

A gush of flames consumed the daemon. These screeches were pain, he could still feel pain. Captain Konor had made it back onto his feet, found the flamer and the courtyard just in time. Drake could only watch as his old friend Drenn screamed his last scream.

As the flesh stopped writhing and moaning Captian Konor asked Drake "Was that a Space Wolf?". Drake turned and stared at his brave Captain, he remembered to soften his stare and spoke kindly. "A job well done. But we must go. We can nuke the entire site from orbit. Let me help you. You can hardly stand". As Drake took the arm of his Captain to help ease his weight off his feet, his blade suddenly cut the Captain's thread. As his  lifeless body dropped to the ground Drake told himself that he was a lost cause after the Plague Marine's tainted blade had already started the corruption. But this way no one will know what happened here today. No one will learn of Drake's failure.

A call came in through Drake's headset. "Sir an urgent message".

Finding his voice piece and moving it up to his mouth "This is Drake go ahead".

"The message is from Fenris"...

----------------------Transmission ends---------------

As these models can't take part I'm going to need some more characters for the challenge.

"I, Krakendoomcool hear the call and vow to build The RagnarOrk, a Foul Blightspawn, Nurgle Ork(s?) and someoe to hunt them down...Bulveye for the Glory of Russ, the ALLFATHER and the HUNT! on or by the 15th of MAY 2020"

My pair of Invictor Warsuits are complete

I will probably add some skulls or other decoration as well but these are ready to go

Invictor #2 much better than #1...cage and torso alignment much improved

med_gallery_49686_16340_133367.jpg

med_gallery_49686_16340_152218.jpg

I will be updating my vow and including a 3rd member to the hunting party

Fenrisian Inquisitor (counts as Hector Rex)

Will be converting a War Cry Stormcast eternal model for this

And now I declare my vow complete.

The 3rd member of my hunting party is ready

gallery_49686_16340_179059.jpg
gallery_49686_16340_17605.jpg
gallery_49686_16340_104802.jpg
gallery_49686_16340_2924.jpg

I made a Fenrisian Inquisitor for a counts as Hector Rex

This is the ACTUAL Inquisitor Hector Rex model for comparison

Ragnar Blackmane may have been laid low in his battle with Thraka but now Ragnar has arisen stronger than before.

His allies stand ready to once again answer the call

-Krona the Sky Watcher. Ever vigilant for signs of aerial attack or surveillance.

-Vruss the Shadow Walker. His stealth among the vanguard forces is unmatched. Despite the bulk of his warsuit he tends to appear at will on the battle field and always catches his enemy off guard.

-Inquisitor X, a native of Fenris who was plucked from the planet after his massive potential as a psyker was identified. Observers on Fenris were also intrigued by the repeated skill Inquisitor X displayed hunting and eliminating Gothi in warring tribes. In a controversial move by The Great Wolf Logan, Inquisitor X was gifted to the Inquisition as part of a secret project. Logan believed it would be good to have friends on the other side and had been seeding exceptional Fenrisians in the Inquisition. This was his ultimate response to the events that unfolded after Armageddon.

As Logan expected, Inquisitor X excelled as a hunter of Chaos and Demons with no equal among the Ordo Maelleus.

When X became aware of the call for aid he could not resist returning to help those who shared Fenris in their blood...just as Logan had planned

*Yes I know I made up a story about Logan and feeding the Inquisition in a machiavellian plot...honestly I couldn't think of any explanation how the Inquisition would recruit...let alone have access to Fenrisians. But we do know such Inquisitors do exist from the novels. So this is me trying to make sense of it all.

Edited by TiguriusX

Just to be clear, I have no idea if I have manged my oath? A sub-assembled model plus a little fluff piece. And will that be enough for the Lock-down Painting Challenge or should I post it somewhere else? I am old, dumb and have not done any of these challenges before.

for the modeling it just needs to be built/sub asssembled with optional fluff!

the lock down painting competition starts tomorrow, in its own thread, in the forge section

the lock down painting competition starts tomorrow, in its own thread, in the forge section

Where the heck is the forge section?

I thought I was signed up and in the right place already

Will we get a local thread here?

Where the heck is the forge section?

I thought I was signed up and in the right place already

Will we get a local thread here?

The forge section is the Works in Progress, Hall of Honour, Tutorials, Painting and Modelling Questions and the Golden Bolters subforums. The Lockdown challenge has a thread that's pinned in the Works in Progress subforum. 

Edited by BadgersinHills

So this hasn't been a good week for me. Procrastinated too much on this and got a writer's block on the story.

Story is in rough stages so tabling it for now.

I did get the models together for this and will be starting painting once i figure out what else I promised this month.

1 thunderwolf cavalry

20200514 213619

1 gargoyle and big momma hive tyrant.

20200514 214705

On a side note I at least located all 9 on my thunderwolves so the ETL will have a nice unit for it.

Well done everyone! I'm working on compiling all our work this morning but to answer some questions:

The LD Challenge thread is located in the WIP forum: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/363882-the-lockdown-painting-challenge-2020/

The due dates for everything are "loose" as its all based on a successful LDC. So if you have not finished you model or fluff, that's fine! This is all to motivate us to make some awesome stuff, not stress us out!

I'll have the thread cleaned and updated soon, but we can also use this space to post out progress with the LDC. Just make sure to use that thread too, more than just the Fang wants to see all this great stuff!

Just remember to pledge for the Fang!

Edited by PeteySödes

Wait, we got Pledge for the Fang?

Did someone forget to polish something, or is this more like a Lysol disinfectant deal?

Own up gents, who’s companion made a stinky over there in the corner...?

Someone’s going to have to clean that :cuss up (and chances are, since he’s already volunteered to clean the thread, it’s gonna be PeteySödes...)!

Wait, we got Pledge for the Fang?

Did someone forget to polish something, or is this more like a Lysol disinfectant deal?

Own up gents, who’s companion made a stinky over there in the corner...?

Someone’s going to have to clean that :censored: up (and chances are, since he’s already volunteered to clean the thread, it’s gonna be PeteySödes...)!

As if i'm not already doing that for you animals... ;)

Thjérr

Thjérr, called Bloodbrow, thegn of Morkai’s Judgement, blood-sworn to the Lord of Winter and War. A veteran of many campaigns, and recently recovered from wounds sustained at Yarant, he has joined hundreds of his brothers aboard the battle-barge Skíðblaðnir to hunt and slay the traitorous oathbreakers that have riven the Imperium of Man.

Athelmar Narisson silenced his chainblades, the dripping viscera on the verge of rendering his weapons to clubs. He did not spare a glance for the cultists he had torn apart in a minute, dogs who thought they could bring down a jaguar. To their credit, they did manage to tie him down for long enough so that a stubber wielding man of theirs unleashed what would have been a deadly hail of ammunition to a human, but for an Astartes just enough to render the vox networks in his helmet to screeching static.

They had paid for it dearly. A thrown chainsword cut short the triumphant roar of the stubber, embedding itself in the chest of the stout, masked human carrying it. The eight pointed visor on the mask he wore wept blood as his insides were torn to shreds by the adamantium teeth of the hungry weapon. In less than twenty seconds after, he was joined in death by his heretic brethren.

Athelmar tore off the helmet, letting it fall with a loud sound on the metal decking of the communications station he had been tasked to take with his fellows in the Wolf Guard. Leaving their preferred jump packs behind to better fight in the narrow confines, the pack led by Ranek Helmbreaker had scouted the location for a day, determining the avenues of battle. They split up, to the discomfort of all his packmates even though they were more than capable of taking the station by themselves. A pack never was at ease separated.

He noticed ragged breaths ripping from the chest of a fallen cultist trying to staunch the wounds in his stomach with her warted arms. Narisson knelt by her side, lifting the chin up with contempt.

"Our masters... in the night. Free from the false empe-" The croaking was halted by Narisson twisting her neck, the crack heralding an end to her pain. A wolf's mercy indeed, and Narisson had heard enough from the dead woman. His Jarl had suspected the hand of traitors behind the war ravaging the sacred world the Wolves walked on, and to know that it was the wretched sons of Nostramo made his stern visage crack with a smile.

"I smell your masters, little traitoress. You'll see them soon, worry not."

A corpse stench fouler than the blood newly spilled entered his acute senses, and his smile grew wider still as he heard heavy steps of ceramite and the sound of a powered weapon activating. He stood, retrieving his sword with a swift stride and breaking into a run towards the sound. A smile became laughter, a deep rolling like the seas of Fenris, and laughter became the howl of a wolf that smelled blood.

gallery_93221_16358_745947.jpeg

More photos. I did finish them on the 15th, but only uploaded today sigh. They were fun to work on!

gallery_93221_16358_34447.jpeg

gallery_93221_16342_66147.jpeg

gallery_93221_16342_55157.jpeg