++ A Hunter's Call ++ (Modeling Challenge)

PeteySödes

So worked on my vow models over the weekend. Got a bit of painting done and will get more picts, but for now here's a wip of the scheme of the tyrant.

20200517 221024

20200517 221033

Getting some miles from that Nihilakh Oxide

Triszin, on 18 May 2020 - 12:19 PM, said:

Please shift painting posts to the lock down painting thread in the works in progress forum.

:)

Sorry, I was under a different impression because...

Well done everyone! I'm working on compiling all our work this morning but to answer some questions:

The LD Challenge thread is located in the WIP forum: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/363882-the-lockdown-painting-challenge-2020/

The due dates for everything are "loose" as its all based on a successful LDC. So if you have not finished you model or fluff, that's fine! This is all to motivate us to make some awesome stuff, not stress us out!

I'll have the thread cleaned and updated soon, but we can also use this space to post out progress with the LDC. Just make sure to use that thread too, more than just the Fang wants to see all this great stuff!

Just remember to pledge for the Fang!

Athelmar Narisson silenced his chainblades, the dripping viscera on the verge of rendering his weapons to clubs. He did not spare a glance for the cultists he had torn apart in a minute, dogs who thought they could bring down a jaguar. To their credit, they did manage to tie him down for long enough so that a stubber wielding man of theirs unleashed what would have been a deadly hail of ammunition to a human, but for an Astartes just enough to render the vox networks in his helmet to screeching static.

They had paid for it dearly. A thrown chainsword cut short the triumphant roar of the stubber, embedding itself in the chest of the stout, masked human carrying it. The eight pointed visor on the mask he wore wept blood as his insides were torn to shreds by the adamantium teeth of the hungry weapon. In less than twenty seconds after, he was joined in death by his heretic brethren.

Athelmar tore off the helmet, letting it fall with a loud sound on the metal decking of the communications station he had been tasked to take with his fellows in the Wolf Guard. Leaving their preferred jump packs behind to better fight in the narrow confines, the pack led by Ranek Helmbreaker had scouted the location for a day, determining the avenues of battle. They split up, to the discomfort of all his packmates even though they were more than capable of taking the station by themselves. A pack never was at ease separated.

He noticed ragged breaths ripping from the chest of a fallen cultist trying to staunch the wounds in his stomach with her warted arms. Narisson knelt by her side, lifting the chin up with contempt.

"Our masters... in the night. Free from the false empe-" The croaking was halted by Narisson twisting her neck, the crack heralding an end to her pain. A wolf's mercy indeed, and Narisson had heard enough from the dead woman. His Jarl had suspected the hand of traitors behind the war ravaging the sacred world the Wolves walked on, and to know that it was the wretched sons of Nostramo made his stern visage crack with a smile.

"I smell your masters, little traitoress. You'll see them soon, worry not."

A corpse stench fouler than the blood newly spilled entered his acute senses, and his smile grew wider still as he heard heavy steps of ceramite and the sound of a powered weapon activating. He stood, retrieving his sword with a swift stride and breaking into a run towards the sound. A smile became laughter, a deep rolling like the seas of Fenris, and laughter became the howl of a wolf that smelled blood.

gallery_93221_16358_745947.jpeg

More photos. I did finish them on the 15th, but only uploaded today sigh. They were fun to work on!

gallery_93221_16358_34447.jpeg

gallery_93221_16342_66147.jpeg

gallery_93221_16342_55157.jpeg

Holy cow the chainsword dude looks like Sam Neill!!

If you want that head, it is in the Thunderwolf Cavalry Set (right guys?).

+++++++++++++++++++

Just want to tell you guys that you're doing the Allfather's work!

Sadly I can't participate, as my Hobbytime fluctuates heavily, depending on when and how much I need to work.

But in the last few days i made a Helfrost Repulsor, converted the AoS:Underworlds Wolves and got to work on converting the Infiltrators from the Saga of the Beast Box (but now have to wait on bits from Shapeways).

So I am with you all, in spirit.

If you want that head, it is in the Thunderwolf Cavalry Set (right guys?).

+++++++++++++++++++

Just want to tell you guys that you're doing the Allfather's work!

Sadly I can't participate, as my Hobbytime fluctuates heavily, depending on when and how much I need to work.

But in the last few days i made a Helfrost Repulsor, converted the AoS:Underworlds Wolves and got to work on converting the Infiltrators from the Saga of the Beast Box (but now have to wait on bits from Shapeways).

So I am with you all, in spirit.

It's from the Space Wolves Pack. :) 

Glad to have you on board even in spirit. For the honour of the Fang!

I, Karhedron, vow to complete a Repulsor for the Glory of the Russ (Space Wolves) on or by the 15th of August 2020, or bare the Badge of Shame until year's end!

Rejoice brothers, my vow is complete!

I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out although the joins on the front part of the hull needed a bit of green stuff, the same as the ones on my son's Dark Angels Repulsor. Anyone else had a problem in this area or am I building them wrong? I have magnetised the main weapons but this is how I will run it most of the time I think.

med_gallery_82363_15236_426537.jpg

med_gallery_82363_15236_472318.jpg

I, Karhedron, vow to complete a Repulsor for the Glory of the Russ (Space Wolves) on or by the 15th of August 2020, or bare the Badge of Shame until year's end!

Rejoice brothers, my vow is complete!

I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out although the joins on the front part of the hull needed a bit of green stuff, the same as the ones on my son's Dark Angels Repulsor. Anyone else had a problem in this area or am I building them wrong? I have magnetised the main weapons but this is how I will run it most of the time I think.

med_gallery_82363_15236_426537.jpg

med_gallery_82363_15236_472318.jpg

wizard you are

"I, TRISZIN, vow to complete {1 PACKLEADER OF INCURSORS OF THE WOLVES, 1 WARP 'EAD GROT ORK, AND 1 FOUL ABOMINANT OF THE GENESTEALERS} for the Glory of the {SPACE WOLVES, RUSS, AND THE ALLFATHER} on or by the 15th of August 2020, or bare the Badge of Shame until year's end"

A bit late on the painting side update for me.

I have redone my abominant with a necromunda goliath stimmer

heres the group pic I took last week.

R0fnjpP.jpg

progresso on painting so far

GPmoBst.jpg

DXYvj8E.jpgvMrnOnw.jpgXaFtjib.jpg

I am in, need some inspiration, a lot of half finished models need worked on and got the SW half of prophecy of the wolf. Very disappointed that there were no upgrades with it.....

Time to make something happen.

Be home Wednesday so will post starting pictures at the weekend.

Just popping my head in to say sorry I didn't follow through with my vow. I'd lost track of the date by the time I posted and have been doing other things. Not had a proper look through but can see some amazing projects. Well done my brothers.

• 5 weeks later...

I did work on my hunter, and the big game... sorry for the mediocre pictures, I had to get a "new" (used) phone, and the camera is just straight worse compared to the one before.

Njx6u1v.jpg

The terminator arm and stromcast shoulder pad might be a bit controversial, but I kind of like it (and it was quite to get a normal shoulder pad in place with the jump pack)

jB5JzGI.jpg

...I'm working on the ork and the base, but I'll still have to figure out how to create a bigger rock from which my lord can look down upon his prey... the Ork will also get a mechanic arm to look more 40k-like. He will be stripped of course as well (should have done this before putting him on the base, but I'm a dummy :D)

lp1yIKr.jpg

3nJdJfo.jpg

Well, forgot the pictures, and offshore, so will need to do it next week.

Managed to build Canis Rex, The Incursor squad and Ragnar Blackmane.

I have Ragnar with me, so started putting paint to model there

My 40K primaris now stand at...

10 infiltrators

10 incursors

3 eliminators

3 suppressors

Lieutenant in phobos with grav chute

Librarian

Captain in phobos

Ragnar

And on the way is all the indomitus goodies..

I also painted 15 Intercessors in a gold colour scheme for my 10 year old son.

• 3 weeks later...

Hunt Successful, Arch-Enemy Nuetralised.

med_gallery_61271_16066_1065938.jpg

Also got some new furniture and have rearranged the Hobby Room

My KillZone

And Totally non-Hobby related

C&C appreciated

That is AWESOME....you went to a ton of effort there

If you have more energy I would say the jump pack needs to be active and firing. So adding red or blue exhaust type thing would make it much cooler.

The model is in mid air and it would add to the placement and choreography you did with everything