Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IA: Bloodmoon Hunters Chapter [IG 2020]

Small Unit Tactics Covert Actions Index Astartes TechCaptain Loyalist Hunters Tactics Bloodmoon Hunters

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,959 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Good job on the models. The paint is unevenly applied, with rough surfaces; but you can easily justify that by claiming the roughness as the result of weathering- "We are the Emperor's huntsmen, not an aristocratic parasite's concubines! Our time is to be spent facing predator and prey alike in the hunting grounds, not grooming ourselves in the fortress-monastery!"- or intentionally roughly applied to make the Marines more difficult to detect via known sensor technology.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker, 17 May 2020 - 06:25 AM.

• TechCaptain likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 239 posts
  • Faction: Imperials

Good job on the models. The paint is unevenly applied, with rough surfaces; but you can easily justify that by claiming the roughness as the result of weathering- "We are the Emperor's huntsmen, not an aristocratic parasite's concubines! Our time is to be spent facing predator and prey alike in the hunting grounds, not grooming ourselves in the fortress-monastery!"- or intentionally roughly applied to make the Marines more difficult to detect via known sensor technology.

Yea some are repaints that I did without stripping. But too I am going for a beaten/darken appearance. 

Bloodmoon Hunters Armorial mini

With iron and fire the beast shall be lain low at the hands of the Hunters whose home is under the Bloodmoon. 

Bloodmoon Hunters on 40k Homebrew Wiki and 40k Theories Youtube Channel

gallery_48988_16308_20607.png

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 239 posts

PlaceHolder

Journeyman Yarro Dargui

A tall and lean Bloodmoon Hunter who had been seconded to the Deathwatch, his dark redish brown hair and unruly beard set him apart from normally shaven marines of other chapters. Many scars mark the skin of this Astartes who is more verbose than most of his Chapter. Many a time he had been too close to an explosion or his opponent for his usual method of hunt. But these scars were each a lesson he survived and learned from. Each had a story of how he defeated another foe turned prey  for him or his team. 

In his mind being a good hunter is being smarter than your prey, seeking out new ways to defeat it and new understandings of its weaknesses. An especially adept Hunter can turn his mind to such tasks easily and use his intellect to solve problems his brawn cannot overcome, though thanks to his armor he compensates for not being one of the stronger hunters. This Journeyman has developed a knack for thinking laterally on the battlefield, having proved himself through a cunning plan or expertly coordinated attack and as such can apply his intelligence to tasks normally governed by muscles and reflexes alone. Yarro during a covert strike managed to get himself separated from his team during the course of the hunt he cleverly developed a series of traps made from his explosives that made him the champion of this particular hunt when he took down the largest of the prey. However both his armor and his own hide was scarred from the encounter.

Edited by TechCaptain, 19 June 2020 - 08:59 PM.

With iron and fire the beast shall be lain low at the hands of the Hunters whose home is under the Bloodmoon. 

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 239 posts

Trying to think of ideas for more Dataslate for when I do the Iron Gauntlet challenge. I already have several notable people but few have dataslates. My current ideas is to expand on the current Chapter Master, do one up for the 'original' Artificer, and Maybe do a proper Dataslate for the guy above, the Deathwatch guy for my hopefully upcoming participation in another Thread RPG. What do you all think would you guys like these expansions? or Would you guys like some new characters or aspects to the Bloodmoon Hunters? Maybe no more Deathwatch guys and more characters doing Hunter stuff? 

And I still need to think up a story idea/theme to write about for a different part of the challenge. (Writing is the hard part for me, at least in a timely manner. )

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,959 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves

What do you all think would you guys like these expansions? or Would you guys like some new characters or aspects to the Bloodmoon Hunters? Maybe no more Deathwatch guys and more characters doing Hunter stuff?

I think you should focus your efforts on making the Chapter memorable, e.g., unique characters, unique Chapter rites and rituals, grand battles fought during its history. Deathwatch characters are still their original Chapters' members- they intend to return to those Chapters unless they're blackshields exiled for some transgression- so they're unlikely to add anything to your Chapter.

And I still need to think up a story idea/theme to write about for a different part of the challenge. (Writing is the hard part for me, at least in a timely manner.

I also have difficulties. You have my sympathies, and my wish you will overcome Writer's Block.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker, 30 September 2020 - 06:23 AM.

• TechCaptain likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 239 posts
  • Ordo Machinum Inquisitorial Archives: The Sect of Absolute Truth faction of Forge World Mjorn has shown to have increased interactions with the Artificers of the Bloodmoon Hunters. Faction noted for Xenarite beliefs and under investigation by Ordo Machinum. Members of Sect been elevated to Inquisitorial assets. Bloodmoon Hunter Artificer on permanent assignment to Inquisition Representative of Ordo Machinum. Determination of contamination to Astartes Artificers pending.

Investigation Status: Logged, Deemed within acceptable bounds, Further Investigations Authorized

• Ordo Excorium Inquisitorial Records: Fragmented Records have been recovered by Ordo Excorium scribes noting the planetary name of Aigéad Fuil and a notation of executed. Little is known what is meant by these records. It however has been raised that the planet under the same name is the homeworld of the Bloodmoon Hunters. Records concerning possible connections to Bloodmoon Hunters have been flagged and these are tagged for review in accordance to Inquisitorial Investigation Guidelines.

Investigation Status: Logged, Further Study Authorized

• Ordo Redactus Inquisitorial Alert: Investigation alert identified, notifying Inquisitional representatives with Ordo Redactus access. Records identified in investigation were sealed in M35 and destroyed in M36. Further Information unavailable.

Investigation Status: Logged, Flagged, Authorization Insufficient, Alert Broadcast Initiated

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,770 posts
  • Faction: Sons Of Doom,Vanquishers

Interesting, so will we be seeing some further content and enhancements to the article post at the beginning from this little addition?

Cambrius

• TechCaptain likes this

gallery_26154_15777_7413.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.pnggallery_48988_15094_15503.png

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 239 posts

Yes you will. I am not sure when or how much but the article at the beginning of this has been my baby for ten years I do not see that changing anytime soon. The recent story I posted for the Iron Gauntlet actually features one of my main elders of this Chapter. 

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 239 posts

New character being worked on.

Journeyman Marfóir Lugh

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Small Unit Tactics, Covert Actions, Index Astartes, TechCaptain, Loyalist, Hunters Tactics, Bloodmoon Hunters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users