Good job on the models. The paint is unevenly applied, with rough surfaces; but you can easily justify that by claiming the roughness as the result of weathering- "We are the Emperor's huntsmen, not an aristocratic parasite's concubines! Our time is to be spent facing predator and prey alike in the hunting grounds, not grooming ourselves in the fortress-monastery!"- or intentionally roughly applied to make the Marines more difficult to detect via known sensor technology. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Good job on the models. The paint is unevenly applied, with rough surfaces; but you can easily justify that by claiming the roughness as the result of weathering- "We are the Emperor's huntsmen, not an aristocratic parasite's concubines! Our time is to be spent facing predator and prey alike in the hunting grounds, not grooming ourselves in the fortress-monastery!"- or intentionally roughly applied to make the Marines more difficult to detect via known sensor technology.

Yea some are repaints that I did without stripping. But too I am going for a beaten/darken appearance. 

PlaceHolder

Journeyman Yarro Dargui

A tall and lean Bloodmoon Hunter who had been seconded to the Deathwatch, his dark redish brown hair and unruly beard set him apart from normally shaven marines of other chapters. Many scars mark the skin of this Astartes who is more verbose than most of his Chapter. Many a time he had been too close to an explosion or his opponent for his usual method of hunt. But these scars were each a lesson he survived and learned from. Each had a story of how he defeated another foe turned prey  for him or his team. 

In his mind being a good hunter is being smarter than your prey, seeking out new ways to defeat it and new understandings of its weaknesses. An especially adept Hunter can turn his mind to such tasks easily and use his intellect to solve problems his brawn cannot overcome, though thanks to his armor he compensates for not being one of the stronger hunters. This Journeyman has developed a knack for thinking laterally on the battlefield, having proved himself through a cunning plan or expertly coordinated attack and as such can apply his intelligence to tasks normally governed by muscles and reflexes alone. Yarro during a covert strike managed to get himself separated from his team during the course of the hunt he cleverly developed a series of traps made from his explosives that made him the champion of this particular hunt when he took down the largest of the prey. However both his armor and his own hide was scarred from the encounter.

Edited by TechCaptain

• 2 months later...

Trying to think of ideas for more Dataslate for when I do the Iron Gauntlet challenge. I already have several notable people but few have dataslates. My current ideas is to expand on the current Chapter Master, do one up for the 'original' Artificer, and Maybe do a proper Dataslate for the guy above, the Deathwatch guy for my hopefully upcoming participation in another Thread RPG. What do you all think would you guys like these expansions? or Would you guys like some new characters or aspects to the Bloodmoon Hunters? Maybe no more Deathwatch guys and more characters doing Hunter stuff? 

And I still need to think up a story idea/theme to write about for a different part of the challenge. (Writing is the hard part for me, at least in a timely manner. )

What do you all think would you guys like these expansions? or Would you guys like some new characters or aspects to the Bloodmoon Hunters? Maybe no more Deathwatch guys and more characters doing Hunter stuff?

I think you should focus your efforts on making the Chapter memorable, e.g., unique characters, unique Chapter rites and rituals, grand battles fought during its history. Deathwatch characters are still their original Chapters' members- they intend to return to those Chapters unless they're blackshields exiled for some transgression- so they're unlikely to add anything to your Chapter.

And I still need to think up a story idea/theme to write about for a different part of the challenge. (Writing is the hard part for me, at least in a timely manner.

I also have difficulties. You have my sympathies, and my wish you will overcome Writer's Block. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 1 month later...
  • Ordo Machinum Inquisitorial Archives: The Sect of Absolute Truth faction of Forge World Mjorn has shown to have increased interactions with the Artificers of the Bloodmoon Hunters. Faction noted for Xenarite beliefs and under investigation by Ordo Machinum. Members of Sect been elevated to Inquisitorial assets. Bloodmoon Hunter Artificer on permanent assignment to Inquisition Representative of Ordo Machinum. Determination of contamination to Astartes Artificers pending.

Investigation Status: Logged, Deemed within acceptable bounds, Further Investigations Authorized

• Ordo Excorium Inquisitorial Records: Fragmented Records have been recovered by Ordo Excorium scribes noting the planetary name of Aigéad Fuil and a notation of executed. Little is known what is meant by these records. It however has been raised that the planet under the same name is the homeworld of the Bloodmoon Hunters. Records concerning possible connections to Bloodmoon Hunters have been flagged and these are tagged for review in accordance to Inquisitorial Investigation Guidelines.

Investigation Status: Logged, Further Study Authorized

• Ordo Redactus Inquisitorial Alert: Investigation alert identified, notifying Inquisitional representatives with Ordo Redactus access. Records identified in investigation were sealed in M35 and destroyed in M36. Further Information unavailable.

Investigation Status: Logged, Flagged, Authorization Insufficient, Alert Broadcast Initiated

Yes you will. I am not sure when or how much but the article at the beginning of this has been my baby for ten years I do not see that changing anytime soon. The recent story I posted for the Iron Gauntlet actually features one of my main elders of this Chapter. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Battle Report: The Second Battle of Cyprus Eden

Date of Conflict: 987.997.M41
Aggressive Force Allegiance: T'au Empire
Astartes Chapter Responding: Bloodmoon Hunters
Location of Conflict: Cyprus System/Ishtar Fringe, Ishtar Subsector, Segmentum Ultima

The Second Battle of Cyprus Eden was an esclation of the Imperial defensive campaign conducted by the Bloodmoon Hunters Space Marine Chapter, whom was clashing against the expansion spheres of the invading forces of the T'au Empire. This particular campaign took place on the contested world of Cyprus Eden in the Far Reaches of the Eastern Fringes, a vitally important agri-world of Cyprus Eden during the T'au Third Phase Expansion. This highly contested world had been claimed by the Imperium of Man, but the Tau refused to let the upstart humans claim it as one of their own.

Background

After the review that was conducted by Master Garrus Raknor, Blood Warden of the 3rd Company, the 'Blades of Folsom', the vital corridor to the Imperial lines were reinforced with significant numbers from 3rd Company. This reinforcement became the main defense for the important points in front of the Astra Militarum Regiments main fire support battery stationed around Cyprus Eden’s main space port as regiments were brought in to bolster the lines for what looked to be a much longer war. Deploying two more Lupine School Hunters squads and a veteran squad in terminator armor.

While the defenders of Cyprus Eden redeployed, the T'au brought in more troops sending no less than four squads of Fire Warriors with Kroot support and another Piranha to cover their troops. The T'au expansion not wanting to lose the vital corridor to the space port that was needed for steady supply for either side moved quickly to try to counteract this reinforcement. Attempting to flank the Hunters as they began to dig themselves in to trap any prey to come their way, Sergeant Glaz MacTíre called in an bombardment. The precise fire of the artillery regiment decimated the oncoming Fire Warriors. But again the Stealth Suits used as two pronged approach and were able to get close to Hunters. The Lupine Hunters who were digging in on the western side were under heavy fire along with Sergeant MacTíre, now Force Commander of that front. To try to overwhelm the Astartes, Crisis Suits dropped in in close support of the Stealth Suits releasing a hurricane of fire.

The beleaguered Hunters fought valiantly, but if it wasn’t for the timely intervention of Astartes later identified as Legion of the Damned, they would have been decimated. The Legion of the Damned landing right behind the attacking forces distracting the T'au at a critical moment costing them their lives. That was the turning point for what was considered a small skirmish. With that intervention the Hunters were able to drive them back foot by foot, gaining the valuable time to reorganize and strike back.

This Multi-prong attack however had no end as the Eastern flank was getting maneuvered by a large Kroot Hunting Pack. Unfortunately for the Kroot the Veterans were armed heavily and vastly more experienced is such tactics. Veteran Sergeant Archimedes and his squad unleashed a hurricane of bolts into the Kroot ambushing and decimating their numbers. The Hunters that had been overseeing deploying tank traps in the center saw opportunity to lend their support to combat happening on the western side helping them drive the T'au back. The toll for driving the T'au back though was high with the deaths of most of Hunters on the Western side were injured so badly they were out of the fight for awhile. Of the mysterious Astartes later identified legionnaires that aided in this battle, none knew but reports said they saw the entire squad of them fall under the heretical technology of the T'au. The T'au were driven back once more losing most of two squads of Fire Warriors, a couple Crisis Suits, a few Stealth Suits and many Kroot Warriors

Both the Imperium and the T'au continued to even sink more resources into the war on this planet as this now became a contest neither side was willing to lose. Edited by TechCaptain

The Ishtar Sub-Sector is a region of space located within the Sector, bordering the T’au Empire and the Sautekh Necron Dynasty. Ishtar is an ancient yet largely wild and untamed part of Imperial Space, filled with mystery and a myriad collection of threats. In M35, during the Nova Terra Interregnum the Imperium was riven by civil war, at its height the Moirae Schism split the Mechanicus in twain, adding fuel to the inferno.

Soon the Damuterr System was colonized and rendered compliant; with Incendius Lux overseeing the creation of Mjorn, a Forge World built upon a moon orbiting a Gas Giant rich in extractable resources named Blüde Seod in the native tongue, it shared its orbit with the moon designated Lunar Sangua, that would eventually become home to a shrouded Navigator House that would prove crucial to further exploration out into the Eastern Fringe. A Penal World that had been lost in the anarchy of the Horus Heresy was found, and swiftly reclaimed for use by the Imperium, serving as a conduit for criminals throughout the Sector and providing a steady stream of Penal Legions and fodder for Skitarii and Servitors. The ancient hives that eked out a harsh living on the acid-rain soaked planet of Aigéad Fuil was brought into the Imperial Fold, and would soon be gifted to the Bloodmoon Hunters Chapter for overseeing the warp routes further into the Ishtar Fringes that would become known as the Sanguis Portus, or the "Blood Gate".

As the next millennia turned Incendius Lex was assailed by the Mechanicus purging any remnants of Moirae followers, and by the Ordos Xenos purges of the Xenarites. By the time of M37 a now established and independent Mjorn were again ready to send a new wave of Explorator missions into the fringes. The fleets of Mjorn soon discovered an ancient Knight World named Tarakon, whose ruling House Fásacha had long served as the protector of the bleak planets that existed on the other side of the Sanguis Portus. Mjorn quickly struck an alliance with the House, and the Departmento Munitorum took advantage of the fact that hardened soldiers were drawn to Tarakon by House Fáscaha from across the fringes, and quickly established training academies and Schola Progenium facilities on Versliaus, Tarakon’s moon.

For the next four millennia various Frontier Worlds were colonized in the face of sadistic Drukhari Raiders and insane Chaos Cults. The whole Sub-Sector would additionally be forced to remain in a constant defensive posture against Ork invasions from the west, in what would eventually become the Charadon Ork Empire. As M41 dawned new great conflicts would see the military forces of the Ishtar Sub-Sector would be deployed such as the Macharius Crusades in Segmentum Pacificus and the terrible new threat that would be referred to as the Tyrannic Wars, the expansion of the nascent T’au Empire, and the emergence of the Necron Dynasties.

The Ishtar Sub-Sector was mercifully largely saved from the brunt of Hive Fleets Behemoth and Kraken and were able to devote forces to aid in their destruction, however the appearance of Genestealer Cults would soon emerge as a lasting threat. The Emergence of the Great Sautekh Dynasty would prove to much dire threat however, as its Necron Legions marched a war of expansion practically next door to the Sub-Sector, although fortunately it would largely be occupied with and act as a insulator against the Charadon Ork Empire. The T’au as well, in their expansions would frequently cause conflict as expeditions into T’au space occurred alongside T’au infiltration efforts into the Sub-Sector. These Shadow Wars would culminate in the Damocles Crusade, in which the forces of Ishtar devoted significant men and material. Although called off with the emergence of the Tyranids towards the close of M41 the conflict would be reignited in what would become known as Warzone Damocles. Amidst these conflicts the Fortress World of Cadia feel to Abaddon the Despoilers 13th Black Crusade, an event which resulted in the Galaxy split by the Great Rift and embroiled in Warp Storms.

As the Great Rift saw the Galaxy driven into madness the Ishtar Sub-Sector saw themselves besieged on all fronts. An increase in Chaos Cult activity resulted from the waxing power of the Von Grothe’s Rapidity, Hadex Anomaly Warp Storm, and Cyclonus Nihlus warp storms, Genestealer Cults began to rise up as tendrils of Hive Fleet Kronos snaked through the Sub-Sector searching for Chaos to destroy, which eventually resulted in the Battle of Contrition which saw the Penal World exterminatus after its massive Genestealer infestation proved too difficult to eradicate.

To make matters worse, as a part of the 5th Sphere Expansion the T’au Ci’haan Sept has renewed their efforts in the Ishtar Sub-Sector, infiltrating planets and attacking Mechanicus holdings in a series of reprisals. Never in its long history has the Ishtar Sub-Sector been so besieged, and day after day new heroes are created in its desperate defense.

Incendius Lex is/was a collaborator's Forge World who help me with a lot of my initial building up and we had decided that Mjorn, my Forge World, would be descendant from them. Basically his were Xenerites that were also Morie Schism followers who got smacked hard while my dissedents were more purely Xenarites that separated from them/were Explorators that found a good place to set up shop. 

Edit: Would people like it if I added more of the surrounding Ishtar Subsector stuff here?

Edited by TechCaptain

• 2 months later...
Are you busy with other projects- including real-life events, such as marriage, raising a family, funerals and other personal tragedies- or just suffering from Writer's Block? If the latter, is there anything we can do to help, e.g., troubleshoot ideas or proofread drafts?

A combination of losing one of my inspirations and the fact that I am going through a rough time getting all my needed medical appointments done so I can document everything for the Army to properly retire. And honestly without actual conflicts and enemies ( which I don’t feel much inspiration with. ) my brews all feel a bit lack luster.

(Pats TechCaptain's back.) I understand if you feel the need to put your works on hiatus. As for lackluster homebrews, well, they're not bad in my opinion- you DO have good imagination, and I have DEFINITELY seen worse. If you feel overwhelmed, maybe merge some of them, e.g., have two Chapters with compatible gene-seed, both suffer 50% casualties when the Great Rift opens- with one of them losing its Chapter planet- and the survivors merging their half-strength Chapters into a single, full-strength Chapter?

I'm taking inspiration from Roman history, e.g., that of the Empire's XIII Legion, for which it's said,

Legio XIII acquired the cognomen Gemina ("twin", a common appellation for legions constituted from portions of others) after being reinforced with veteran legionaries from other legions following the war against Mark Antony and the Battle of Actium.

Maybe have one of the Chapters and/or regiments turn traitor and become an enemy for your other Chapters and regiments to fight against?

Eh, I will at least like to keep the number of Chapters I have because I plan on making a Kill Team squad featuring the five. Though the regiment idea holds some sway. Honestly my only real foray into Chaos and traitors as such is Unchained Confederation and Scairp.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The Ishtar Sub-Sector is a region of space within the a Sector of the Ultima Segmentum. It neighbors the T’au Empire to the Southwest, the Necron Sautekh Dynasty to the West, and the Eastern Fringes to the Northeast. The Ishtar Sub-sector is a notable economic and military power within the Sector and has been riven by conflict since the opening of the Great Rift. With the Turn of the Millennium this subsector has become isolated and set upon by all manner of horrors and madness, standing as a light in the dark.

The Damuterr System is an Imperium system comprised of several planets, having four habitable planets that are located in-system, but the most notable are Aigéad Fuil (Astartes Home World) and Mjorn (Forge World) where most of the manufacturing and Industry, where makes most of the packaged food, military munitions, and ships are made. For its materials, that is needed for this taken from the planets of Blüde Seod and Sleá Fola (Mining Worlds) and the astound belts in Damuterr's System.

The Moon of Lunar Sangua itself is rich with life and material. But most of its materials dedicated for use for its citizens and the farming equipment for them themselves. But a portion of its resources and food are donated to the Imperium under it tiffs and agreements that were made over ten thousand years ago. But their main production that they can great pride in is in the Navigators they produce for the Imperial fleets.

The location of the system is in Segmentum Ultima in the Ishtar Subsector. The subsector itself is the eastern most fringe subsector with warp paths to the Wilderness Space and untamed wilds of the frontier worlds. Which they are one of the main benefactors to protect the borders of Ultima from any threats. Such as the events of the Tyranid Hive Fleets of which when the Tyranids launched a massive war against the Imperium of man. Which helped of the prevention of more Tyranids coming into the Segmentum.

The subsector is protected primarily by a combination of the Bloodmoon Hunters chapter, the Imperial Navy Battlefleet Ishtar, and the various Imperial Guard Regimentos. To a an extent, the House Fásacha and the Skitarii of Mjorn - though the latter heavily prefer not to send off the vast majority of their military forces anywhere unless as part of an Explorator Fleet. Mjorn is the primary production world for the subsector's various military forces, maintaining an some minor orbital forges for basic supplies to keep the Bloodmoon Hunters well-stocked with small arms, ammunition, and spare parts, etc. Knight World Tarakon maintains and helps administrate the subsector Imperial Naval drydocks and production facility outside the sub-sector in the fringes of the subsector proper.

Asking a bit of help with making this Chapter fit into a Index Astartes 9th Edition Template and formatting help. As I was working on creating a downloadable version of these guys I have come across some issues and questions of how to best fit that I need help on. Heck I don't even know how to post a working copy here.  Also I would like help bringing in what little I have been able to build from RPG rules into this little thing of Bloodmoon Hunters but I don't really have a good format nor complete rules for them. So I would like help building rules for them.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/374087-bloodmoon-hunters-9th-edition-rules-and-more/

Edited by TechCaptain

• 3 months later...