Ulrik's Raven Guard: The StormCrows; de Villta Veiðin

Ulrik_Ironfist

ok that's pretty :censored:  sweet with the red masks on the LTs 

Thanks. I can't wait to start getting decals on these guys. The LT badge is going to really pop, and that makes me happy. I need to go back and do a black wash on my Infiltrator sgt helmets to darken the recesses. Overall, I'm pretty happy with my progress so far.

Update, my 10 incursors came in, and I have begun building. Everything is incursor except the helmets, because I hate doing skin tones, it's so time consuming, and I really don't enjoy it. I'll do it where I have to. Also, Why wouldn't Super soldier supercommandos wear helmets?

Anyhow, I'll have pictures tomorrow, and I have ordered more insignias. Hopefully I'll have those in a week and I can get them primed on an painted. Meanwhile I'll progress with painting.

I felt the same way about the helmets (and scanners just meh) So I used Reiver heads and Infiltrator antennas. It's a Frankenstein Phobos look but I like it. Best luck your builds are looking good.

I'm waiting on insignias for my Incursors, Rievers and Inceptors, as well as my vehicle insignias, so that I can get some more red on stuff. I'm very close to being done with all of the primaris stuff, I still have 1 chaplain, 2 phobos librarians,10 Intercessors, 6 Suppressors, 6 Aggressors, 10 Rievers, and 6 inceptors, to paint.

Here's a Photo of the (almost) completed 2nd Company. All that remains is insignias (I have some, they're just for the right pauldron and the beak wouldn't be facing front)

Anyway here's the 2nd Company:

20200604 200846171 IOS

I felt the same way about the helmets (and scanners just meh) So I used Reiver heads and Infiltrator antennas. It's a Frankenstein Phobos look but I like it. Best luck your builds are looking good.

I actually didn't mind the scanners as much as I thought I would. They weren't fiddly awful bits like I thought they were.

Good job. What do the Stormtalons' metallic cockpit canopies represent? A metallic coating to absorb auspex radiation and enhance the flyers' stealth characteristics (see the gold coloring of F-117 and F-22 stealth fighter cockpit canopies)?

Good job. What do the Stormtalons' metallic cockpit canopies represent? A metallic coating to absorb auspex radiation and enhance the flyers' stealth characteristics (see the gold coloring of F-117 and F-22 stealth fighter cockpit canopies)?

Sure... Honestly, I just didn't want to paint the cockpit, because I did that with my Vultures, and no one ever notices...

Update Time! And I have Pictures. My Reserve components are coming along nicely, still have some work to do, but waiting on bits is making that take time, so I've started building my Stormcast Eternals for the time being.

20200609 010043892 IOS

20200609 010100267 IOS

I'm steadily moving along, I hope my shoulder insignia and vehicle insignia arrive soon.

Good job on the Primaris Librarians.

Thank you. I'm trying to make sure my Characters look good.

Very nice

Thanks! I'm trying to pull out the stops to make sure that the army looks good. I haven't painted space marines in a long time.

My stuff from Pop Goes the Monkey arrived today and I immediately set to putting insignia on everyone that was leftover. My Incursors, Rievers, Inceptors and Stormtalonsall got their ravens which was a great feeling.

The Other great feeling was having some thunderhammers to put on some guys, but I just don't know what I'm going to with those yet. I had been considering sgt upgrades, but I'm not sure.

I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Well, I never got around to it but here are the pics I promised.

IMG 0782

My second company is all painted and has insignias.

IMG 0783

My reserve company assets are also coming along.

IMG 0786

IMG 0787

IMG 0788

IMG 0789

IMG 0790

IMG 0791

IMG 0792

IMG 0793

IMG 0795

IMG 0796

IMG 0797

I hope these pictures show my progress adequately. I tries to get a few closeups. I don't have a lightbox or anything but my phone camera at the moment, so I hope this suffices.

very nice man... from the looks of it. pretty clean and crispy

Thanks. I'm trying to go a bit above and beyond on this project because I want it to look nice. I'm fixing to start painting some stormcast eternals because I need a change of pace, need to add some color to my world, rather than just dark greys and reds. I need some gold and purple and silver in my life...

How ... did ... you ... do ... the ... canopies ? On the Stormtalons :smile.:

I did soulstone blue gem paint on the undersideand then I did Stormhost silver after it dried. You could use any technical type gem paint and silver, those were just the ones I had picked up from the local GW store. I did the revers of the way I've been doing the eyes on all my marines. I wanted it to look like stuff had an ethereal blue glow.

Wow nice

Thank you. This is very much a labor of love. I want this army to be my centerpiece, and I think it does show off what I can do very well. We're going to be having a local painting competition, and I was thinking of doing it as an actual RG marine, but, I don't know.

Good job on the Stormtalon.

Thanks. I like to think that painting guard flyers prepared me for the challenge of painting stormtalons. I still need to do the squiggle on the turbine cone, as is my custom.

Sorry I haven't posted an Update recently, I've been painting stormcast for AoS, which is really popular in my area. I'm trying not to get bored, and I have one more AoS army to build and paint, but I'll probably finish off my Raven Guard Reserves before I do that. Gotta refresh every now and then you know?

Well, It's time for another Update.

Phase 3 of expansion is to happen soon, that means acquiring the remains of my friend's primaris collection, A Gravis Captain, an LT, a Company Ancient, and a Redemptor dreadnought.

I'm going to put down to preorder the new indomitus box, as well as pick up the space marine half from another guy in my group, and that will give me a very solid foundation for expanding my chapter and helping me build out my other companies.

I got my army mostly magnetized. There are some that just won't fit. I overestimated the capacity of my 432 bag with the magna racks, it will fit my entire second company, and most of my Reserves.

In other news, I have now managed to get myself into another project. I have a friend who has celestine and her two geminae superior and he wants to part with her, and I have a small contingent of sisters to get that will be among the StormCrows menagerie of Imperial forces. I have two Inquisitors on the way, who will serve as my Inquisitors of the Ordo Arcanum, and they will maybe, along with my vindicare assassin, see the tabletop.

So Next on the To do list is to do my First Company, That'll be a switch since there's going to be more red and more pauldron trim to go around. I also need to order more insignias from PopGoesTheMonkey for my Vanguard vets, and cataphractii terminators.