Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Splicing Forgeworld Upgrade Sprue and New CSM Terminators?

World Eaters Forge World Conversion Chaos Space Marines Terminators

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Schurge

Schurge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 176 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters + Daemons

I have an old Terminator World Eaters upgrade sprue from Forge World I bought ten years ago. It is the chest armor, shoulder pads, and heads. I've been watching Ebay for CSM terminator legs but since they are OoP it is unlikely they will pop up at a price I'm willing to pay. Of course the new CSM terminator legs are abundant but they have torsos attached to the legs along with "aprons," semi-hollow interiors, and other bits which make things a bit more complicated then simply sawing them in half.

Has anyone tried to use Forgeworld torsos on the new terminators or think it is feasible (Image of the Bits)? What kind of tool would I even use? I'm hesitant to drop money on an experiment.

Edited by Schurge, 01 May 2020 - 04:28 PM.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,145 posts

I've done it:

WcWuKGm.jpg

It takes a bit of cutting and Milliput/Greenstuff work to get the FW Torsos to sit right on the new terminator legs, if only because the Torso and Legs on the new ones are one piece. But that isn't too difficult.

It's basically just cutting the torso "tops" on the Terminator legs off.

• ElDuderino, Schurge and ranulf the revenant like this

Schurge

Schurge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 176 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters + Daemons

Thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: World Eaters, Forge World, Conversion, Chaos Space Marines, Terminators

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users