Watcher in the Dark

Get Thokt

Can 'Watcher in the Dark' be used to counter Psychic auras that are moved into its effective range?

As I understand the rule, this ability can be activated in the Psychic Phase (to counter a smite or such) to deny the power.

But, can it be used against psychic powers that create an aura?

Example, when the power is casted, the aura is out of range thus does not affect the unit, however the psyker makes a successful charge and now does affect the unit. Can I then use 'Watcher in the Dark' (in the Charge Phase)? I'm thinking of powers such as Null Zone.

I've looked through the errata and found no answers!

http://games-workshop.ru/wh40k8ed/factions/dark-angels/Deathwing-Knights

Edited by Get Thokt

The Watcher is the Dark rule states that the Deathwing unit is not affected by the power, though other nearby units that could be affected still are. This is very clear. The Watcher in the Dark rule kicks in (on a 3+, once per game) if the Deathwing is affected by an enemy psychic power at any time, whether it is being targeted by a power (such as Smite) at that moment, or if a previously used power (like your example of Null Zone) that remains in play alter comes within range of affecting Deathwing unit after the fact and then does affect the Deathwing unit. If either situation occurs, on a roll of 3+ the power does not affect just that particular Deathwing unit.

That's my understanding of it.

Edited by shabbadoo