Who do you think best represents the good in-universe?

I don’t know that those things would be brainwashing so much as a lack of rights. Given the setting though, I think these things are not the same as they would be if it were to happen in the real world. The god emperor is actually a god, even though he may not have been at one point, it’s by his power alone that we can travel the warp. I’ve read a few books, they didn’t mention too much church, so my feeling is that it’s not absolutely mandatory, just like I don’t go to church but I still have my faith. Mind you, Most of the books were about war. Also, when you know who god is and where he is, you probably go to church more. Sisters being small in number probably wouldn’t be the ones informing this.

Now inquisitors, those guys are very often portrayed as you describe, but also as giving themselves too much power and I don’t think that’s the fault of the imperium.

I just don’t think that’s brainwashing, manipulation probably. Or we have different definitions of brainwashing.

We do have different definitions of brainwashing! The difference is mine is more moral

What defines good....is one's point of view. Like, seriously guys. You're banging your heads against the wall with the same repeated question that doesn't need answering. We should be here to discuss our different views to each other, without forcing others into YOUR point of view. Edited by Ultramarine vet