The Unofficial LPC-BA Outpost (event support)

Jolemai

Finally got started on my wow, hope to finish it in the next two days and get gold:

gallery_60983_8363_491542.jpg

I HATE painting gold. Actually, I HATE painting metallic metal in general. I will have to learn NMM one of these days.

Also, I had gotten this model from eBay thinking it was Failcast, but it has so much weirdness that I had to correct I think it is actually a recast..

Edited by appiah5

Keep up the good work guys... Some lovely models appearing and its nice to be in the driving seat on a painting competition again.

Recent birthday has upgraded my painting equipment with a compressor and airgun, so hopefully i can get the hand of that in time for the delayed ETL, but til then i present:

Progress!

gallery_19254_1203_60800.jpg

gallery_19254_1203_37495.jpg

gallery_19254_1203_40039.jpg

I still kick myself that my copy of mission dreadnought got destroyed a long time ago... no chance of replacing that now as it goes for crazy money.

But the amount of firepower you could fit onto 5 (or 7) marines back then was nuts... conversion beamer, lascannon, tarantula, missile launcher, heavy bolter. But always the close assault blades.

Space Crusade is so cool..

In other news, I failed to finish Tycho in time for Gold. I'll wrap things up and get a Silver I'm afraid.  Sorry brothers..  At least you can rest easy knowing my attention was not diverted to my yellow Space Stormcast..

Totally nothing to worry about appiah! :smile.: Grot was so kind to make this event as friendly as possible. For the forum, we are gaining Pearls-points for a single miniature. If you do more, than that's fine, but still only one pearl per participant is possible. Gold/bronze/silver are just for personal happiness and have no impact whatsoever on the score. It's all about the number of Fraters that complete a vow for a forum. 

Some serious job Thoridon! :yes:

EDIT: I'll take the liberty for a small update - GOLD completions recap

So far we are in the lead with 14 Fraters completing their goals and still a few vows in the making, yay! :D

Edited by Majkhel

So some progress last night (and a bit of playing with a magnifier/light too)

gallery_19254_1203_119514.jpg

gallery_19254_1203_173586.jpg

Generally confirmed i hate painting eyes, and still need a bit of cleaning up after the wash over his power fist (and i still need to paint the sword blade) but thats, base, shade, layer and edge highlights on most of the marines done - pretty much just need to do touchups and then the heavy weapons.

And on that note - should i try old-school flames on the cowlings or not?

flames! :wub: 
Also, my experiences with washes on whites while painting really small objects are that its's better to not use washes at all. Paint the thing in the colour you want the wash to give you and then highlight raised areas to a desired white. Gives a much cleaner finish. 

Update time - so nearly there on these guys...

gallery_19254_1203_211077.jpg

They do look their age a bit, but actually the details do stand up fairly well for what they are. I have been reminded that the models shown on the sides of the box are not quite the same as the models you get in the box as i go picking out details and shading etc. They are very very close, but slightly different - anyone heard anything from the dim distant dawn of the era about 2 versions of the box or maybe those are the original hand-made prototype models that were painted up before the moulded ones were available?