New PA Engine War Range - What are you excited for?

What about something like this:

Binharic Overdrive (1CP) - At the start of your turn, pick a unit of kataphron breachers, destroyers or kastellan robots. That unit may choose to fire twice in the shooting phase or attack twice in the fight phase this turn. If the effected unit has a datasmith within 3" of it, reduce the cost of the stratagem to 0CP

Once you let kataphron shoot twice, it would invalidate anything else. Stacking Ryza/Daedalosus/servitor detachment buffs onto a unit of 12, you could wipe out half an army in one shooting phase. And reducing strats to 0CP is something that's good to be limited to very very few units.

The Kastelan protocols are good as they are, combined with all the other buffs available.

Edited by MajorNese

What about something like this:

Binharic Overdrive (1CP) - At the start of your turn, pick a unit of kataphron breachers, destroyers or kastellan robots. That unit may choose to fire twice in the shooting phase or attack twice in the fight phase this turn. If the effected unit has a datasmith within 3" of it, reduce the cost of the stratagem to 0CP

Once you let kataphron shoot twice, it would invalidate anything else. Stacking Ryza/Daedalosus/servitor detachment buffs onto a unit of 12, you could wipe out half an army in one shooting phase. And reducing strats to 0CP is something that's good to be limited to very very few units.

The Kastelan protocols are good as they are, combined with all the other buffs available.

Ah fair enough, I dont use destroyers/ryza so hadnt really thought how crazy that could get with 12 plasma destroyers :biggrin.:

although a unit of 12 is a lot of eggs in one basket if you're going second, and daedolus can only affect 1 enemy unit per turn (and needs to be within 24" so its hard/impossible to get key backfield units with him turn 1)

Maybe update it so that 'if using binharic overdrive the unit is unable to split its fire' (ie it can shoot twice, but only ever at 2 different targets), or yeah, just keep it to kastellans.

Id still say the kastelans - or at least they way they interact with the datasmith  - needs updating to make the DS a viable choice over just using the strat every time.

Edited by DanPesci

[[[Anticipation]]] I feel that the Admech codex has held up pretty well considering when it came out, however the thought of it being elevated to match all the other new codex's is a highly exciting prospect. [[Primary Element of Excitement]] Interested to see what new toys we get in the text.

[secondary Element] Models wise, the Pteraxii Sterrylizors will be a welcome addition to my force. As it stands my only real deepstrike threat is a Wrath of Mars + Doctrina Imperative + Flechette Infiltraitors. which while effective is pretty predictable. Being able to add more threat with those lovely 12" flamers is going to be fun.

More details on the cavalry are up - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/05/14/the-adeptus-mechanicus-saddle-upgw-homepage-post-3/ - admittedly rather short on actual detail though, bar some alternative angles for some of the photos, nothing we haven't seen before.

I’m feeling like a kid in November who’s giddy with excitement for Christmas

And yet we probably have some time before we see more hints let alone the actual models

2020 has really ruined fun hasn’t it

{/run/system/optimism} Hopefully the second half of the year will bode better.

I doubt GW will want to slow down their output so I assume releases will be thick and fast once they're back up again. I am sure much of what has already been shown was in production months ago, it would be silly to leave it so late, they might not have the unit count they were wanting to ship the releases with quite yet, but they can't be far off - The as yet unrevealed products are a little more worrying.

Which overall might actually be overwhelming for my poor wallet, considering the whispers on the warp right now about my other favourite metallic boys and a certain new box set... 

Edited by TootiusNootius

Rather than using the long-range sniper weapons of other races, they prefer medium-range guns, relying on the speed of their mounts to get them into (and out of) position quickly. Their riders are equipped with advanced ocular arrays while their mounts have finely calibrated olfactory sensors. This makes the Serberys Raiders excellent trackers and hunters – no fugitive can hope to escape them.

Raiders to get sniper versions of the galvanic rifle perhaps? (or a strat to let them change the rifles/clint eastwood pistol to be able to target characters)

Edited by DanPesci

Raiders to get sniper versions of the galvanic rifle perhaps?

++begin_theory++

I look at it as one model uses it to give the rest of the unit +1 to hit to offset advance and shoot penalty or just make them better shots (perhaps with a -1 to hit them if they advance) so they can just circle the flanks shooting and screening. Similar to GSC Jackals and their Alphus in practice but lacking the need of a special character.

++end_theory++

I was listening to a Podcast recently that reflected on the positives of the new Admech (with the limited info we have) and I found a real disconnect with what they were saying and my actual experiences with the army. 

I find a lot of people who really don't play Admech have a fairly strong opinion on the releases and that might just come from people not having much else to talk about right now. That being said I still think a lot of what I'm seeing in the releases is pointing towards more anti-infantry stuff which I have by the truckload already. 

Speed is nice, but we aren't Dark Eldar. We don't have fly, and it becomes VERY difficult to support such units properly so they quite often become 'fire and forget' or glass  hammers. 

A good example of this is Infiltrators. No one takes the alternate build. There's one way to play these guys. Maybe best with Mars, but it really becomes a unit that you are using to dissect something in the opponent's zone, more often than not.

We already have access to a very fast shooty unit: Ballastiarii.  Why don't we see it anywhere? You can give it 2+ to hit, and unlike Infiltrators they are far easier to build for anti-tank, anti-transport, or anti-elite infantry. They are also far easier to keep in an aura range due to their large base size.

The reason is (like a lot of admech) 1. They aren't survivable. and 2. we are paying points for speed we don't use.  If we are paying big points for squads, we want to see that squad hit hard. Like a lot of AdMech, these guys can have trouble hitting. 

I am still in the camp that the 'new' rules from Psychic Awakening are the payoff here with Engine Wars. -OR- there is some big rule set combination with these new units we just aren't seeing yet. 

These new unit rules would have to have multiplicative effects to pay off. For example:

- the bomber could provide a +1 to hit, or lets say -1 to toughness of what it 'bombed'. (Kind of a ghetto Vets of the Longwar).

- The Sulpher Hounds could provide -1 to save to anything they hit with their 'head flamers'. (ghetto Jinx)

- the dudes with the wings? I dunno. They (to me) are really a head scratcher. 

We know that AdMech are one of the bottom performing -competitive- armies out there. We know that the success is often tied to threading a needle at a tournament as well. (IE: don't come across an army with a ton of tanks, or an army that's very fast and can 'tap' our Skorpius/Dakka Bots/Onagers,etc). 

We also know GW is supremely resistant to altering Dataslates (it screws up their paper codexes.) So I think this could mean we see 'squad' buffs which so far have been the role of the character trickle we've seen for admech ( Daedelosous, etc.)

Without that I fear the new units will be eye candy only and we will be waiting for 9th edition for corrective actions. BUT the other saving grace to this, not to repeat myself, would be a 'Doctrine" system.

I was listening to a Podcast recently that reflected on the positives of the new Admech (with the limited info we have) and I found a real disconnect with what they were saying and my actual experiences with the army. 

I find a lot of people who really don't play Admech have a fairly strong opinion on the releases and that might just come from people not having much else to talk about right now. That being said I still think a lot of what I'm seeing in the releases is pointing towards more anti-infantry stuff which I have by the truckload already. 

Speed is nice, but we aren't Dark Eldar. We don't have fly, and it becomes VERY difficult to support such units properly so they quite often become 'fire and forget' or glass  hammers. 

++Initiating Devils Advocate protocols++

One cannot simply dismiss units which provide board control as unneeded in the games current state. It has become increasingly important for armies to be able to take the midground and hold it. Many Mechanicus armies rely on Knights in order to create space (including my own) and as such the ability for the base army to do so through deepstrike denial. Both jump infantry and fast ground units can be used to hold flanks, react to enemy movement and generally allow the army to follow up and push up the table, without such units you end in castles, which are not fun to play (IMO).

A good example of this is Infiltrators. No one takes the alternate build. There's one way to play these guys. Maybe best with Mars, but it really becomes a unit that you are using to dissect something in the opponent's zone, more often than not.

We already have access to a very fast shooty unit: Ballastiarii.  Why don't we see it anywhere? You can give it 2+ to hit, and unlike Infiltrators they are far easier to build for anti-tank, anti-transport, or anti-elite infantry. They are also far easier to keep in an aura range due to their large base size.

The reason is (like a lot of admech) 1. They aren't survivable. and 2. we are paying points for speed we don't use.  If we are paying big points for squads, we want to see that squad hit hard. Like a lot of AdMech, these guys can have trouble hitting. 

I am still in the camp that the 'new' rules from Psychic Awakening are the payoff here with Engine Wars. -OR- there is some big rule set combination with these new units we just aren't seeing yet. 

Infiltrators are unfortunately marred with a inflexability. Not to mention Ruststalkers. Hopefully these new releases will allow for GW to address these issues at some point as they'll not be the soul deep strike unit.

I do not concur on you point about the Balistarii, I find they are very easy to clear due to being very, very tall (Even with incense cloud they're an easy target). Unless LoS rules change I do not rate them as a space creator as you cannot hide them behind much on your average board. Having these fast units supported by Balistarii sounds like a welcome development to me.

I will agree that points costs have not scaled well over time. But that may well be covered in the PA book, hopefully with additonal bonus'.

These new unit rules would have to have multiplicative effects to pay off. For example:

- the bomber could provide a +1 to hit, or lets say -1 to toughness of what it 'bombed'. (Kind of a ghetto Vets of the Longwar).

- The Sulpher Hounds could provide -1 to save to anything they hit with their 'head flamers'. (ghetto Jinx)

- the dudes with the wings? I dunno. They (to me) are really a head scratcher. 

We know that AdMech are one of the bottom performing -competitive- armies out there. We know that the success is often tied to threading a needle at a tournament as well. (IE: don't come across an army with a ton of tanks, or an army that's very fast and can 'tap' our Skorpius/Dakka Bots/Onagers,etc). 

We also know GW is supremely resistant to altering Dataslates (it screws up their paper codexes.) So I think this could mean we see 'squad' buffs which so far have been the role of the character trickle we've seen for admech ( Daedelosous, etc.)

Without that I fear the new units will be eye candy only and we will be waiting for 9th edition for corrective actions. BUT the other saving grace to this, not to repeat myself, would be a 'Doctrine" system.

Those ideas are really good to be honest, would love to see any/all but having extra flamers on top is nothing to scoff at.

I can't talk on the topic of Comp, not my scene.

I feel with the introduction of some new updated rules and some tweaking Admech can be made a pretty decent force and with the new units the pool of resources we can pull from only grows, not a bad situation - It can only improve from here shy of a disaster!

Edited by TootiusNootius

I played in a slow growth tournament, I didn’t win a single game but came very close. I was also very forgiving of other people’s mistakes, I love to compete but I don’t care about winning at all costs. Most of the games were really quite fun.

I really didn’t know what I was lacking, well the first game I had no anti-tank. Most of my opponents were actually space wolf players, this was before the whole iron hand new marine thing came out. I just felt like I was never in a position to wield the right tools for the right job.

My Breacher‘s or destroyers would get shot off the table, my tank because I would use the neutron cannon would be ineffective because I either faced horde armies, or multiple tanks. Either that or it would be a marine infantry heavy list.

My infiltrators were horrible, dropping in with a boatload of strength three versus power armor is ineffective. Dropping them in versus horde infantry was really effective, for one turn. I had a hard time getting them even into combat.

My infantry suffered for the same reasons, vanguard guns are extremely weak versus elite infantry. I could do damage with my plasma for at least one turn, then they evaporated. My rangers were great fillers, and for board control but they really didn’t do anything else. If I gave them TUAs they would routinely miss altogether, and were immobile because of the need to remain still to fire the TUA.

I was unable to re-deploy, or quickly deploy anything to control the board. The units I had that could move fast didn’t pack a punch, the units that could punch hard were slow or I needed them for other roles. It was very frustrating. Well, as frustrating as spending an hour with good guys playing with toy soldiers can be. But I think you know where I’m coming from.

Finally my biggest disappointment are the robots. I don’t play Mars, their shooting is amazing against some targets but then they are stuck for the remainder of the game. I so wanted the fist bots to work well. They just don’t have enough attacks, even with fight twice because their weapon skill is so pathetic.

I am by no means a tournament player, in fact my personal opinion is that catering this game to the tournament scene has caused many of the problems with rule and FAQ bloat. Regardless I do like to compete, I like to win, but the biggest and most important part is having a solid fun game. I had a solid fun game in each of my matches so this is not a bitch session. This is merely echoing some of Prot’s observations.

I have high hopes that this new book will provide some more fun with all the new units, I’ve also been trying to add to my army with transports, the new tank, and some hard-hitting stick priests. I’m excited for all of the releases, and can see the Flamer fly guys as being a really neat unit to clear screens. I also think that the long range horse guys will be useful for pre-game movement, perhaps even some form of defense against infiltrators. I’m actually torn on that because I don’t think any unit should be able to destroy another unit’s special ability. I think all these anti-infiltrator units should have an 11 inch bubble, at least providing some small chance of charge success.

And finally I hope they rework canticles, or give us more than one line so we can tailor them to our own needs.

Edited by brother_b

Hmm interesting discussion.  Kind of funny to see prot over here being so pessimistic on the new units when over on the DW forum he was trying to look on the bright side, and I don't intend that in a mean way.  I disagree with the pessimism at the new units here though.  The cav just not enough info yet, though likely will be 2 wounds t4, but the other stats and especially points will make or break them.  The reason I see to be at least interested in them is our FA slot is pretty much just Dragoons at the moment, sometimes Balli if you are feeling spicy.  Generally you only bring one squad of dragoons so having some ability to flesh out that org chart slot would be nice, might make brigades doable, and save us an hq? 

I am pretty happy with the flamer pterraxi, 12" DS ap1 flamers that ignore cover sound pretty good to me, and gives some flexibility to your list building.  I will say I am not sold on the flechette rifles, points and wounds on pteraxi will be the big thing, infiltrators already kind of do what these guys are going to do, pretty well at a reasonable cost.  However if they are super cheap, like 8-9 ppm then I might could see them being a reasonable toss in akin to scourges running carbines in DE.  Mobility is something we could certainly use more of and cheap things that are mobile have tended to find a place in 40k lists.

The flyer is the oddball for me, we just don't know enough to make any sort of guessed valuation on them.  All we got is they fly, one is  transport one is ground support, and one is a bomber.  With a lack of stats, transport capacity, costs etc just can't make any guess at the status on them at present.  I know from a personal standpoint I would love for it to be good, admech could use a nice flyer to set their opponents in the back foot at the start.  While I agree admech could use a bit of help, I don't think we are down where GK used to be.  Most games i've lost with admech always feel like I was half a round from victory.  Which makes me at least interested to see where all this new mobility goes, as it might just buy me that extra few shots from an onager, or get onto that objective I couldn't quite get before. 

It will be interesting to see what happens with this release,  Sure it could be a nightmare with bad point costs and unit statistics, but it might turn out pretty good too I am cautiously looking forward to adding some of these guys to my army.

I highly doubt Pteraxi will be 8-9 points. And I hope they wont.

My guess is there are only 3-5 in a box, it would be another unit with a bad money to point ratio.

They also look like Ruststalkers, so I guess S4, 2 wounds. With that and fly they cannot cost the same a Vanguards do.

I guess the selling point for the Flechette option will be the grenades they got with them... but we will see.

Same for the dogs. If it is just a cheap FA filler that never sees action because it dies to a stiff breeze there is no worth taking them imho.

Looking at the flyer pictures I think they positioned 10 Skitarii around them, so I guess it can transport 10 guys.

Everything less would again be a joke. Why would someone take a transport to get lets say 5 Skitarii or 5 Priests from a to b?

Only time will tell, but I realy wish there is more for us than just cheap (points), overprized (money) slot fillers for a brigade... weapon stats are not that amazing until now, so unit stats and special rules have to do it!

Edited by DeStinyFiSh

Hmm interesting discussion.  Kind of funny to see prot over here being so pessimistic on the new units when over on the DW forum he was trying to look on the bright side, and I don't intend that in a mean way.  I disagree with the pessimism at the new units here though. 

I make honest, no punches pulled opinions based almost solely on playing games. (the DW issue is much, much deeper than pessimism in that forum, but this obviously isn't the place for that conversation.)

So I'm still at 1.5 games a week I'll say even with the lock down stuff. At least once a month I pull out my Admech. Every game I play I think how these units will fit into my current issues. How do they resolve them? So far the unfortunate answer is... they don't. But I confess that's with the info we have to date. I was playing my Admech more frequently before Covid, but with less games, I have less patience for them.

My biggest issues in competitive games is:

- No reliable high damage weapons. Nothing that threatens T8 well enough and cheap enough to make the cut.

- Poor board control. T3 units, and expensive robots just aren't working for me. More T3 units with poor saves is just a fart in the wind in today's game. Infiltrators used to be my go to here, but no matter how I play them, they are 1 turn wonders. There is no amount of cover, or safe deployment to save these guys. More of the same (except with wings) is not likely to fix this. Our shooty units are so reliant on Aura's to hit because we have some pretty mediocre BS with some key units unless we stick 2-3 characters around them.

- Dead on Contact. The army still has to shoot well, and it can. But that's the Skorpius. Great little boxes, but they like everything else is so fragile, and so very easily 'touched' in close combat... it usually means game over. I've seen and experienced this so many times. This is the easiest way to shut AdMech down completely. Way too many armies move way too fast, and add in jankery of Contorted Epitome, Master of Snares, etc.... you just feel helpless in these situations. Add in our extremely limited Indirect Fire, and ITC (if you play ITC) terrain rules and it's just far too easy to avoid this army and spank it with bikers, possessed, wolves, Impulsor assault units, Infiltration units (Raven Guard), Blood Angel Smash Capts, etc, etc. 

- Our shooting is only 'good', but if you plan to try in any way to defend from "Dead on Contact" you will be far less potent than Astra/Astartes/Tau/Eldar/<insert shooty army of the day here>. Unfortunately more 'new' units with S4 weapons with (I assume T3).... just provide zero value to my problems... Unless they come with secondary functions I hint at in my previous post.

To be fair we have to remember that until Grey Knights got redone, I think we and Necrons are probably working with the oldest ruleset over all. If it weren't for the Skorpius (and I hate to say this) I think my games would be unplayable.

This is just me, so take it with a grain of salt but I am starting to think (once again) the 'rules' for us will set us up better, not these units. And these rules will also help Necrons a lot. And this will be probably lining up for a reset of the edition at the end of summer.

For right now the best solution I found is a Knight. He's gotta be up front. He needs Bulwark, he needs whatever you can give him to keep him alive in T1. But in those match ups against 'speed'... he's the only thing I've found that -might- slow it down and give me just enough breathing room. 

Second place goes to punchy Warglaives. They don't get a lot of credit but they're not that bad for the points. A pair of these force speed / assault armies to rethink their approach. 

Again this is just me. We play ITC sometimes, mostly during tournaments, and Maelstrom the (preferable) time. I'm going against usually top of the meta stuff so this also probably changes your point of view.

Hmm interesting discussion.  Kind of funny to see prot over here being so pessimistic on the new units when over on the DW forum he was trying to look on the bright side, and I don't intend that in a mean way.  I disagree with the pessimism at the new units here though. 

I make honest, no punches pulled opinions based almost solely on playing games. (the DW issue is much, much deeper than pessimism in that forum, but this obviously isn't the place for that conversation.)

So I'm still at 1.5 games a week I'll say even with the lock down stuff. At least once a month I pull out my Admech. Every game I play I think how these units will fit into my current issues. How do they resolve them? So far the unfortunate answer is... they don't. But I confess that's with the info we have to date. I was playing my Admech more frequently before Covid, but with less games, I have less patience for them.

My biggest issues in competitive games is:

- No reliable high damage weapons. Nothing that threatens T8 well enough and cheap enough to make the cut.

- Poor board control. T3 units, and expensive robots just aren't working for me. More T3 units with poor saves is just a fart in the wind in today's game. Infiltrators used to be my go to here, but no matter how I play them, they are 1 turn wonders. There is no amount of cover, or safe deployment to save these guys. More of the same (except with wings) is not likely to fix this. Our shooty units are so reliant on Aura's to hit because we have some pretty mediocre BS with some key units unless we stick 2-3 characters around them.

Ya I get all that, I play my admech at least once every month month in a half too, its part of the reason I have opted to play them usually with allies.  I still don't think they are in pre-pa GK shape though, and its absolutely possible to find wins that don't involve your opponent having a stroke.  As I said most of my issues with admech has more to do with lack of board control, which causes a failure to get on an objective, or allows an early charge.  While I certainly understand your, "this won't do anything" outlook I also think its a bit to soon to say that until we see the stat lines and point cost of these units.  They do all seem geared towards shoring up our poor board control, whether or not they succeed at that is another discussion that has to wait til we have more information.

As far as new rules etc, well.... Out of my 5 armies only one has got anything rule wise that has actually given it a solid boost, my Scions/Stormtroopers.  Harlies stuff looks like its ok but not something that changes them up, but in fairness they didn't really need that either. DE and DW were laughably bad.  So while I would agree its good to hope for rules to fix things, outside of marines(non dw) its been pretty rare that the PA rules have done all that much other than offer some little tools for customizing your army.  That certainly isn't meant as doom and gloom as we have no clue whats in it yet, just trying to avoid putting all the expectations on rules.  My honest hope is 1 or 2 of the new units finds a place in my army coupled with a few minor buffs and maybe a good strat and relic from PA, and I'll be very happy with the update, as it will have done more for my admech than another other faction sans my Scions.

Edited by GrinNfool

I agree. I should be saying that my thoughts so far are just based on what they've revealed. I do have a gut feeling that they will want to move these models, and that means "Skorpius" treatment.

I remember when the Warglaives first came out. Me and a Necron buddy split 2 boxes and I absolutely loved that model. Given that it was uncertain that they'd have other variants, I magnetized the arms, and painted my 4. (I sold 2 on ebay) 

But if you'll recall the Warglaives were met with horrible reviews even after they were out in full retail. So I am willing to play, buy, use stuff that is subpar. Cool models do go a long way with me. I really love the look of the Sulphur Hounds, and am almost certain of buying them even if they stink. :)

New Article up. I am really starting to like these rules, now we are getting them.

Just saw these, interesting one is the arc cluster array rule (and seems like only the carbine variant get it the way the article is written)

If they're cheap enough, id actually maybe lean to them over the flamers. Run 5-6 units and they can push midfield and have the capability to do quite a few mortal wounds to things if they arent targeted turn 1, with the mobility to keep out of most rapid fire range.

Good basic against hordes/GEQ, but from my experience with infiltrators they'll struggle to do much against anything in power armour (bar bombing them, but then youre in rapid fire bolter range)

The flamers I can only see coming in - torching something, subsequently being out of charge range, and then dying.  I guess with the 12inch torch range you have the potential to target a unit behing one you want to charge, but your opponent just needs to leave a 3 inch gap behind his screen to stop you doing that.

And I dont see them being cheap as GW seems to pointscost flamers on their potential damage rather than average output.

Again I think you need to take at least 3-4 squads to really give someone something to think about.

I already run 3 squads of infiltrators so I struggle to see how I can justify pteraxii in the list unless shelving my infiltrators though 

Edited by DanPesci

(Lifted from dakaka)

Flyer speculation time

Looking at the fliers I think they will have the following weapon loadouts

Twin Cognis lascannons

48" range

Heavy 2

S9

AP-3

D6 damage

Twin Heavy phosphor blaster

36" range

Heavy 3

S6

AP-2

1 Damage

Twin heavy stubbers

36" range

Heavy 3

S4

AP0

1 damage

We think 150 -170 points yeah?

The real question will be BS3 or BS4 after moving

Really hoping they get a rule to ignore heavy penalty.

What do you lads think?

(Lifted from dakaka)

Flyer speculation time

Twin Cognis lascannons

48" range

Heavy 2

S9

AP-3

D6 damage

36" range

Heavy 3

S6

AP-2

1 Damage

Twin heavy stubbers

36" range

Heavy 3

S4

AP0

1 damage

What do you lads think?

With those stats at 150+ they would be pretty terrible, especially if they don’t ignore heavy. That’s less firepower and probably not much more survivability than similar points in ironstriders, and we all know how much use those see.

The scorpius with similar firepower and also a lot of mobility is markedly cheaper.

(Lifted from dakaka)

Flyer speculation time

Twin Cognis lascannons

48" range

Heavy 2

S9

AP-3

D6 damage

36" range

Heavy 3

S6

AP-2

1 Damage

Twin heavy stubbers

36" range

Heavy 3

S4

AP0

1 damage

What do you lads think?

I'm not holding out much hope for the Fighter or Bomber variants. The Transport is the one that could help us the most, but it needs to be more cost effective than the Drill @ 134pts and allow for a grav-chute style drop for me to spring for it.

Eh not honestly thrilled about the pteraxxi having 2 wounds, this likely puts a 5 man squad with flechette around75-80 points and a 5 man with flamers around 85 possibly 100 points depending on how expensive gw decides the flamers are.  1 wound models would have been much more preferential here as it would have kept the points costs down, making them two wounds means they get prices around or over infiltrators.  At t3 4+ save having 1 or 2 wounds doesn't matter in terms of them living to next round they are dead either way, however GW would see that extra wound as a reason to add 6-7 points to the models cost regardless of if its relevant.  Kind of funny to think an extra wound might actually lower the units chance to see the table due to points costs.

Already postet this in the news section, but might be better for discussion in the Ad Mech group:

Bombs are nice. Fly 10 man over a vehicle, pull Wraith of Mars and deal about 13 mortals in total. Not too bad if you survive long enough to pull this off.

But I still lean towards the Sterylizors. Deepstring flamers with 12“ range are sweet, and CC output seems good as well thanks to extra attacks and strenght on the charge for the AP-1 claws. The Taser on the champion irritates me, claw seems good enough most of the time.

Thanks to fly and cover ignoring AP-1 flamers they are perfect for clearing roofs and high levels of ruins.

And for me every addition with a bit of CC capabilities is worth another look.

There might be some Stratagems for them as well, otherwise the Heroic Intervention addition for the claw seems to be useless.

Edited by DeStinyFiSh