New PA Engine War Range - What are you excited for?

Gees... good for you, but I can't afford that right now with all the uncertainty. I do appreciate how fantastic the new models look. I was just trying to make the point that (thankfully) I don't think you need them to compete. This fleshing out of the rules goes deep into the existing units and I'm really happy about that. 

Definitely, I could quite happily play my current stygies breacher army, and the extra warlord traits give them more durability/flexibility.

Even my solo dunerider is happy with its 'no casualty' disembark :smile.:

I did want to pick up 12 raiders but after pricing it up (even with discounts) it was just too much for me right now.....maaaybe I can do 6?

Edited by DanPesci

Gees... good for you, but I can't afford that right now with all the uncertainty. I do appreciate how fantastic the new models look. I was just trying to make the point that (thankfully) I don't think you need them to compete. This fleshing out of the rules goes deep into the existing units and I'm really happy about that. 

Yeah I'm not sure how  much I can continue to budget for the hobby. I feel I've got a pretty good hold on things, but would like to travel a little and explore some events. That will take even more out of the hobby budget. I also feel like these are great miniatures, and they also have great rules, so as I try to complete my first ever army (fully painted) I'm having a hard time justifying more.

Edited by brother_b

Well after writing a few lists and thinking about tactics etc ive not got any of the new units in my current list. I just cant fit them in as they dont have a particular role. I mean theyve got some cool strats but nothing great. The Kastelans (which im counting as 110 lol), skorpius, Priests, Onagers, kataphrons etc are all better and by the time you throw together a list ith these you probably wont have points left for anything else

As folks know I've always been a proponent of mono-knights, however a tech priest character with Exquisite Calibrations stood between three crusaders and using Knight of the Cog on all three could be a massive in certain games.

-3 rend on 3 gatlings and a pair of RFBC, along with a -5 thermal could make a mess even if just for one turn.

As folks know I've always been a proponent of mono-knights, however a tech priest character with Exquisite Calibrations stood between three crusaders and using Knight of the Cog on all three could be a massive in certain games.

-3 rend on 3 gatlings and a pair of RFBC, along with a -5 thermal could make a mess even if just for one turn.

You can't use the same stratagem more than once in the same phase.

I Salute you brother_b and think we are all feeling your wallets pain right now. I blew the budget too this month on one of each and the Aeronautica "starter"(I am trying to get my daughters into painting small planes and my youngest has gone over to the greater good). I am done for a few months now, the only thing I will be getting my wallet out for will be Battlefleet Gothic when they inevitably release that and pull me back in. At least with that they have competition in the form of Armada.

The sign that none of these models are needed to secure a good standing is just another sign that we are in a good place with choices. I do think though that we do need a buff to the Dunecrawler so that the choice between that and the Skorpius is less black and white. You really only bring Dunecrawlers now if you have three Skorpius already.

Now I have to decide whether to build my last chicken as a turret or charger..?

I think knight of the cog is limited to one knight only. Don’t think you can put it on 3 knights at once

I've always thought it played like that, however because it's played at the start of the battle round loads of TOs have declared it an out of phase stratagem so can be used multiple times.

I've never taken admech to an event to use it myself, but it's one to clarify with an event before choosing the force composition.

I've had it done to me multiple times at this point, that I want in on the action, lol

I think knight of the cog is limited to one knight only. Don’t think you can put it on 3 knights at once

I've always thought it played like that, however because it's played at the start of the battle round loads of TOs have declared it an out of phase stratagem so can be used multiple times.

I've never taken admech to an event to use it myself, but it's one to clarify with an event before choosing the force composition.

I've had it done to me multiple times at this point, that I want in on the action, lol

Ho damn, you might be right.

I never noticed that it's an out of phase stratagem.

The sign that none of these models are needed to secure a good standing is just another sign that we are in a good place with choices. I do think though that we do need a buff to the Dunecrawler so that the choice between that and the Skorpius is less black and white. You really only bring Dunecrawlers now if you have three Skorpius already.

Now I have to decide whether to build my last chicken as a turret or charger..?

I’m going to continue to use my neutron onagers. I know they’re not as efficient but I only have two Dunerider kits. One will be a transport and one will be the out of LOS shooting build. I desperately need to be able to threaten hidden units so will have to make due with the slightly less efficient onager shooting.

As a bonus, though, onagers are tough so I’ll take that and hope for outstanding rolls for number of shots and damage.

I will have two dragoon’s and haven’t considered the ballistari but with some of the new rules they’d be nice especially the auto cannon ones.

The Ballistarii with +1 Strength, and ignore moving/shooting penalty is pretty decent now. (Mars Canticle). The exploding factor from one of the Warlord choices makes it very plausible to run a squad now.

I put mine away at the beginning of 8th but I may finish them with Autocannons now. 

I still maintain it’s not

As it says at the start of a battle round - so it’s still technically in a battleround ergo you can’t spam the same strat.

I’d love it to be true. Giving 3 crusaders Reroll 1’s to hit it super tight. But I would be refusing to let an opponent do that to me, and I wouldn’t expect to be allowed to do it.

Well if you run the Lucius Canticle with multiple Onagers you will have a 4++ rerolling 1s which is a definite way to keep them alive over the Skorpius which has no Invul. 

I still maintain it’s not

As it says at the start of a battle round - so it’s still technically in a battleround ergo you can’t spam the same strat.

I’d love it to be true. Giving 3 crusaders Reroll 1’s to hit it super tight. But I would be refusing to let an opponent do that to me, and I wouldn’t expect to be allowed to do it.

I had to work to find it, well, made a mate work, lol

whgPQ7z.jpg

I don't know if it will survive into 9th though, when the beginning of the turn becomes the command phase.

But as it stands, 3 uses of KotC is fine

Edited by hermanista

Correct me if I'm wrong, but KotC wouldn't allow them to be affected by the aura as they don't have the <Forge World> keyword just the Canticle. But... It would be a very cheap way to extend a +1 invul to a Castellan via the new Lucius Canticle

Correct me if I'm wrong, but KotC wouldn't allow them to be affected by the aura as they don't have the <Forge World> keyword just the Canticle. But... It would be a very cheap way to extend a +1 invul to a Castellan via the new Lucius Canticle
Ahh, having checked yeah that bit you are right on.

Back to the drawing board, lol

But otherwise, multiple +1 invulnerable saves, +1 strength on heavy weapons, even +1 ap on melee weapons - stamps are useful.

But probably only useable on multiple knights until other arrives

Edited by hermanista