Space Wolves Showcase: Specialized Infantry

gallery_2327_15075_2353.jpg

- Specialized Infantry -

One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness

One last blade, forged in defiance of fate

Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered

And my final gift to the species I failed

As we enter this new stage of our glorious chapter, post your Heavy Armor and inspire the new blood or push the old to greater deeds!

- Wulfen - Aggressors - Reivers - Wolf Scouts -

Did someone say super extra special Space Wolf scout veterans?

img_20200505_132811.jpg?w=1024

This was a kill team I made based on the rules in the back of I think the 5th edition codex. It was also the start of my current (and plastic, not lead) Space Wolf army.

One of my two Wolf Scouts packs. I used to love these guys way back in the day, back when they could Operate Behind Enemy Lines. They'd come onto the table with a Power Sword, Plasma Pistol, Melta Gun, with a Wolf Guard Pack Leader with Thunder Hammer and Combi-Melta. They could enter right behind tanks (whose rear armor was usually more vulnerable), usually blast it to death with the Melta and Plasma, then charge and kill a smaller unit in close combat, as well.

gallery_23369_13470_79159.jpg

gallery_23369_13470_10403.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Painted up the Judiciar from Indomitus to go with my Bladeguard. A really nice model, even if it is blatantly Severian from the Urth of the New Sun. :biggrin.:

The only thing I didn't like was the head with the odd mouth mask. So I replaced that with something a bit more wolfy! I really wanted a Deathsworn helmet for FW but those go for silly money so I cobbled something similar together using the Wolf skull from the SW infantry set and a spare intercessor helmet. A bit rough at the edges but it captures the right feel.

gallery_82363_15236_54416.jpg

gallery_82363_15236_126852.jpg

gallery_82363_15236_74665.jpg

Some big scouts I built for Kill Team. Initially I planned for them to be run as Reivers with bolt carbines or scouts with bolters. Since then Infiltrators have been added to the games so I’ll probably add some Infitrator scopes to their guns and build a few more to get a full squad.

48725243076_de172ccc46_o.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have finished converting and painting my Indomitus Bladeguard. I have more Wolf Lords than I could ever run so I have converted the Captain into another squad member. The Lt can run either as a Lt or as a Sergeant with the Volkite pistol. If he is not running as a Serg then the converted Captain will pull sergeant duty instead. I think 5 is the optimum size for a squad as they ignore Blast and can fit in an Impulsor while leaving one slot free for an accompanying Character such as Judiciar.

gallery_82363_15236_99713.jpg

gallery_82363_15236_140533.jpg

• 1 month later...

I really like the new heavy Intercessors so I was planning to get a squad soon. I had intended to wait until their separate release rather than fight the scalpers on eBay but someone bought Killteam for the new Necrons and made me an offer I couldn't refuse for the Marine half. :smile.:

I have wolfed them up a bit but generally kept them fairly clean. The models are really nice and I look forward to trying them out once we can play again.

gallery_82363_15236_157203.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...