Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

6Plus' WIP Log ++ Night Lords, Deathwatch, INQ28 ++

inq28 Night Lords Deathwatch Truescale Conversions

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

6PlusPainting

6PlusPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18 posts

Haven't really done much on the hobby front the past few weeks due to being bogged down with uni work, but have managed to finish off a squad of renegade Guardsmen from the Blackstone Fortress set after having them on my desk for over a year. Will possibly use these as cultists in my Night Lords kill team for the time being until I get the Rogue Psykers and Beastmen painted up to make them a legal team in their own right. 

I was also lucky on eBay and picked up some very cheap Forgeworld Aquilon Custodes that I'll be using to create some truescale NL termies. They're coming from Russia so it might be a while until they're done, so I'll have plenty of time to get the rest of the standard terror marines finished off. 

med_gallery_169009_16328_332523.pngmed_gallery_169009_16328_49820.jpgmed_gallery_169009_16328_21131.jpgmed_gallery_169009_16328_38676.jpgmed_gallery_169009_16328_89606.jpg

med_gallery_169009_16328_46941.jpg

med_gallery_169009_16328_244546.png

I also picked up this navigator mini from eBay, but am unsure of its origins. The mini itself is resin and had Games Workshop printed on the slotta tab but I can't find any others like it online, so if anyone has any idea of where it originally came from I'd be most grateful. 

The aquila at the top of the staff was missing a wing and needed replacing but it was easy enough to find a spare in my bits box. Relatively quick paintjob and I've got a cool looking objective marker for some Kill Team games. 

gallery_169009_16328_326717.jpg

Next up is to finish my other two Night Lords over the weekend and get started on some terrain. As always, comments and criticism are more than welcome.

Cheers!

Edited by 6PlusPainting, 09 June 2020 - 12:41 PM.

• Isengrin likes this

gaurdian31

gaurdian31

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 585 posts

Lovely models! As for the astropath they are from the Inquisitor Lord Hector Rex and Retinue squad from forgeworld: https://www.forgewor...Rex-and-Retinue

• 6PlusPainting likes this
ETLV

6PlusPainting

6PlusPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18 posts

Lovely models! As for the astropath they are from the Inquisitor Lord Hector Rex and Retinue squad from forgeworld: https://www.forgewor...Rex-and-Retinue

Thanks very much!

Ah, well that makes sense then - an astropath not a navigator. Thanks for helping me out there

6PlusPainting

6PlusPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18 posts

Built myself a lightbox and got some photos of past projects. Here's Voren Anchylus, a Sons of Horus Astartes I built last year after reading The Solar War and being inspired to create a small vignette based around the Siege of Terra. He's based on the body of a Chaos Marine from the Shadowspear boxset, with the lower legs and knees of a Word Bearer's Ashen Circle marine from Forgeworld cut up and reposed, plus various MKIII and Sons of Horus bits, along with an Imperial Fist Forgeworld head. I initially planned to do a few more of these in the same style but the effort it took to rework the legs put me off, but if I can find a more streamlined method I'd like to go back to the project in the future. 

med_gallery_169009_16328_530129.jpg

med_gallery_169009_16328_134741.jpg

med_gallery_169009_16328_7621.jpg

• KBA, Bjorn Firewalker, Elzender and 2 others like this

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 661 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

That mini has a really cool pose and paintjob :)! Love the open hand, very striking!

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

My humble Space Wolves plog

gaurdian31

gaurdian31

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 585 posts

He is really well done, I love that the marine on the ground is an Imperial Fist and you used one of their heads for the main model. Just the right amount of heresy.

ETLV

KBA

KBA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,034 posts
Amazing job on that SoH. The head choice works so well.

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,448 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
The traitor guard and the navigator look great. Love them with the khaki fatigues and green armor. I also want some of these guys myself seeing your work on them.

The Sons of Horus is awesome as well! Definitely worth all that work you out into him.

Black Legion: The Fire Rises

Dornian Heresy: Iron Hands Raiders

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

6PlusPainting

6PlusPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18 posts

That mini has a really cool pose and paintjob smile.png! Love the open hand, very striking!

Thanks! The hand is from the Dark Vengeance librarian

He is really well done, I love that the marine on the ground is an Imperial Fist and you used one of their heads for the main model. Just the right amount of heresy.

Thanks! Needed to rub it in a bit more

Amazing job on that SoH. The head choice works so well.

Thanks very much, wanted to give him the look of a defiant last stand and thought the expression fit well

The traitor guard and the navigator look great. Love them with the khaki fatigues and green armor. I also want some of these guys myself seeing your work on them.

The Sons of Horus is awesome as well! Definitely worth all that work you out into him.

Cheers! They're lovely sculpts, I wanted to use the traditional Cadian colour scheme on them with just the rusted spikes and rags setting them apart from loyalist guard.

• hushrong likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inq28, Night Lords, Deathwatch, Truescale, Conversions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users