Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

6Plus' WIP Log ++ Night Lords, Deathwatch, INQ28 ++

inq28 Night Lords Deathwatch Truescale Conversions

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,275 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Good job on Velurak. Does the name mean anything? When I entered "Velur" in Wikipedia's search bar, I found a list of Indian villages with that name.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Shovellovin

Shovellovin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 337 posts

Excellent painting (and creation) of the terminator! Wow, that is such a great pose. I really love how you have the lightning claw posed. That really adds to the sinister look of this model. 

6PlusPainting

6PlusPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts

Good job on Velurak. Does the name mean anything? When I entered "Velur" in Wikipedia's search bar, I found a list of Indian villages with that name.

Thanks. I can't exactly remember where I got Velurak from (I pronounce it "Vell-your-ack") so I couldn't say there's any intentional meaning there. Last year I just sat down and made a list of names using various online generators, then I tweaked what came up to sound more fitting for the Night Lords. 

Excellent painting (and creation) of the terminator! Wow, that is such a great pose. I really love how you have the lightning claw posed. That really adds to the sinister look of this model. 

Thanks very much. I've had the lightning claw in my bits box for ages, from the Burning of Propsero box set that came out in (I think) 2016, and this was the project it seemed most suited to!

Edited by 6PlusPainting, 14 January 2021 - 07:57 PM.

Ryltar Thamior

Ryltar Thamior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 864 posts

I don't know how I didn't see various updates on this log bfore now - there's some great work in here. 

Really nice work not only with the paintjobs, but those truescales as well. Well done. 

• 6PlusPainting likes this
Vox Stellarum efforts:
The Unyielding Adamanticores [truescale Astartes, auxilia, and sectorial AdMech; M37/38]
The Haunting Harii of Hvergelmir [truescale Astartes ... and associates]
The Unification Wars [truescale Thunder Warriors, (Proto-)Astartes, Army of Unification, Aegyptian-style Proto-Mechanicus raiders, etc.]
Combat Archaeology [Tomb Raiding for Fun & Prophet]
Horus Heresy [truescale loyalist IVth, VIIIth; Agents of the Sigillite; VIth; and so much more; and Umbral's amazing Traitors]
The Worlds-Wide Webway [(Dark) Eldar, Imperial Inquisition, an a-maze-ing realmweave of fear and wondermeant]
Thorian Inquisition [some rather different Inquisitorial Storm Troopers, true-scale Fire Hawks, Black Dragon, Inquisitor and associates, etc.]
For Whom The Great Bell Tolls Thrice [attempts to put the 'priest' back in 'tech-priest' with more-medieval mechanicus]
InquisiNecronMunda [the log that incepted it all - at least two Inquisitors, truescale Deathwatch, local enforcers, cultists, etc.]

BadgersinHills

BadgersinHills

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 790 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords.

Great stuff! How do you paint your Night Lords armour ? :) 

Maybe you could model TWC-sized "were-templars" who's inner Templar took over in the fury of battle transforming them into a giant half man - half templar?

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpg. gallery_48988_16228_1694.png  sml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

My Works in Progress

Credit to Julie Hang for the profile picture. @juliehangart on Instagram.

6PlusPainting

6PlusPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts

I don't know how I didn't see various updates on this log bfore now - there's some great work in here. 

Really nice work not only with the paintjobs, but those truescales as well. Well done. 

Thanks very much!

Great stuff! How do you paint your Night Lords armour ? smile.png

I use a base of P3 Exile Blue then wash it with Nuln Oil. I follow that up with an edge highlight of the Exile Blue mixed with Fenrisian Grey.

At first I used the Ultramarines Blue Contrast to do the recess shading but I've found I prefer the look Nuln Oil gives and it's much easier to control. 

Here is the finished Carnas, who I'll be running as a Khorne Bezerker for my Kill Team. Now that he is done, all the Night Lords I've fully built have been painted, and now I just need to get to work building my Raptor. I'm thinking of running him as a Khorne Bezerker also, armed with a lightning claw, as the Kill Team rules don't include any entries that would really be suitable for representing a Raptor. If you've any suggestions please let me know!

med_gallery_169009_16328_233113.pngmed_gallery_169009_16328_507840.png

med_gallery_169009_16328_107545.pngmed_gallery_169009_16328_617028.png

As always, any comments or criticism are more than welcome!

Cheers,

6plus

• Doghouse, Brother Lunkhead, Bjorn Firewalker and 2 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,275 posts
Excellent work on Carnas. From the lack of bloodstains, I presume he recently arrived on the battlefield, and has yet to kill anyone- though that flaw will be corrected VERY SOON.

Edited: Goddamn autocorrect replaced "Carnas" with "Car as".

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker, 20 January 2021 - 05:00 PM.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

6PlusPainting

6PlusPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts

Excellent work on Car as. From the lack of bloodstains, I presume he recently arrived on the battlefield, and has yet to kill anyone- though that flaw will be corrected VERY SOON.

Oh yes, there's definitely a splattering of Blood for the Blood God on it's way!

Thought I'd post a photo of my truescale Terror Marine alongside the truescale Terminator and a lowly mortal commissar to show some scale. I'm very happy with how Velurak has scaled: height wise he's pretty much on level with Balakh, it's more a difference in sheer bulk that the Aquilon Terminator base provides.

gallery_169009_16328_475615.png

I have also just finished building a Redemptor Dreadnought for a homebrew chapter I've been working on as a continuation of my entry for The Primogenitor, last year's Iron Sleet Invitational. Will hopefully have him painted up in the not too distant future with some lore written up as well!

• Brother Lunkhead, Bjorn Firewalker, Ryltar Thamior and 1 other like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,275 posts
Fine works.

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

++ ANTICUS ÆSALON ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,755 posts
  • Faction: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

Very fine workthumbsup.gif

gallery_26154_15777_13780.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inq28, Night Lords, Deathwatch, Truescale, Conversions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users