6Plus' WIP Log ++ Night Lords, Deathwatch, INQ28 ++

I definitely know the pain of attempting to make .. curious stances on legs work with a truescale - admittedly due to using various grave wardens, tartaroi, cataphractii legs the old fashioned way 

but I reckon he's come out pretty excellent! Well done ! 

Thanks!

Yes it's definitely something that I'm looking to improve on. I always lean towards more static, stoic poses and outright avoid the typical marine holding bolter. For my own sanity I think I'll have to just go for the more typical poses as it isn't feasible to extensively convert each mini whilst maintaining momentum and interest in a project. 

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on the Space Wolves 30k Kill Team as I've been working on a Fenrisian Wolf companion for my Huscarl. Ever since the release of Rippa's Snarlfangs for Beastgrave I knew I wanted to convert up one of the wolf mounts to count as a Fenrisian Wolf, as it just looks a lot more ferocious than the official 40k sculpts.

Cutting off the goblin rider was easy enough, the challenge followed as I had to resculpt certain patches of fur and the entirety of the leather patch on his back. These pictures I've added a filter to so as to see whether the green stuff work blends in at all. I'm quite happy with my efforts; you can still spot where I've been sculpting but overall I think it will look fine once I've added a lick of paint.

med_gallery_169009_16328_606011.pngmed_gallery_169009_16328_635979.png

• 2 weeks later...

Looking nice! Great idea on using the Snarlfang.

Thanks!

Quick update on the Wolf. He is now painted and becomes the 2nd member of the SW Kill Team. I'm very happy with how he turned out - I followed the Warhammer TV tutorial which is mostly drybrushing. I was apprehensive at first but think am glad I gave it a go now. A quick and easy paintjob and a nice palette cleanser from power armour. Next up is the next MKII Space Wolf.

gallery_169009_16328_228882.png

I've also got some MKII from Tortuga Bay Studios on the way and am toying with a future Sons of Horus Reaver Kill Team once I've got the Space Wolves done and dusted