question: tervigons, how many?

Triszin

so as I slowly build my gsc/nid army I kinda like the tervigon!

how viable/ fun/annoying would it be if I made a list with 2-3 tervigons?

with 60-90 termagaunt?

Depends if you're playing matched or narrative. Matched, would be no annoyance at all as you have to pay for new units created. I think Tervies are still too expensive to b worth it, you can take what, another 40 termagants for the price of the tervi?

If you're running them though, have a unit of 30 terms, 20 with devourers and 10 with fleshborers, remove the FB's as casualties then replace them. Your devs keep firing at full effect until the opponent kills >10/turn. 

is it worth taking Toxin sacks on the termagants?

or is it just a wasted point thing?

it adds 30 pts to the 30 man terma squad.

and tervigon only brings them back with a flesh borrer and thats it correct, no toxin sacks?

is it worth taking Toxin sacks on the termagants?

or is it just a wasted point thing?

it adds 30 pts to the 30 man terma squad.

and tervigon only brings them back with a flesh borrer and thats it correct, no toxin sacks?

Keep all of your gribblies stock, horms, terms, stealers they all do they're work best as cheap as possible.

Tervigons can be viable in a list with mass termagants. There is a case to just spend the points on more gants, but there is no right or wrong way.

To answer on how many Tervigons, I have one tervigon for every 3X30 units of termagants and I'm happy with that. I haven't crunched the numbers for peak efficiency, I try to avoid mathhammer and keep things fun.

Fun yes. Viable? Against a foe who does not understand respawn mechanic Tervigons are amazing. Against an experienced general you may find that you never get a free gaunt. Tervogon is in a tough spot right now. She can do stuff in every phase but not very well which in the end means she is largely ignorable. Sad for such a cool model.

Tyranid gribbly noises!

Thanks peeps!

Cheap maxed units of gaunts! Got it.

I was thinking of giving one the dermix symbiosis so it would have a 5+ invuln.

I just like the idea of a swarm of units. MUAHAHHA

Edited by Triszin