Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000pts full primaris

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

redshadow

redshadow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts
So I’ve put my sanguinary guard in a box with all my other mini marine, even the characters. I know I’m handicapping myself but that’s what makes it fun.

2000pts 9CP

1st battalion
Captain in Phobos armour
Warlord, lord of deceit, quake bolts

Chief librarian Mephiston
Quickening, unleash rage, wings

5 incursors

5 infiltrators

5 Intercessors
Chainsword

Invictor war suit
Twin ironhail autocannon

Invictor war suit
Twin ironhail autocannon

2nd battalion
Primaris Chaplain
Invocation of destruction, mantra of strength, hero of the chapter, artisan of war

Primaris Chaplain
Invocation of destruction, mantra of strength, master crafted weapon

5 veteran Intercessors
Thunder hammer

5 veteran Intercessors
Thunder hammer

5 Intercessors
Power fist

5 death company Intercessors
Thunder hammer

Repulsor executioner
Heavy laser destroyer, ironhail heavy stubber

3 impulsors
All with shield dome, ironhail heavy stubber

The plan with first turn
Deploy the vanguard and invictor war suits aggressively, may use lord of deceit to move them into better positions, mephiston and the two chaplains will ride in impulsors with the 2 veteran squads and death company pushing forward to catch up with the vanguard, the other two units of Intercessors will grab objectives or protect the executioner.

If going second
I’d expect my opponent to want to take out the executioner first so depending on how they’ve deployed there big guns will help me decide where to put the tank, I want them to still target it so they leave the invictor suits and impulsors alone, if there a gun line army I’m just sending everything into them and they’ll realise the impulsors are the biggest threat, which should leave the invictors to shoot and eventually get in combat, if there an attacking /deep strike force then I should be able to counter attack, lord of deceit doesn’t really work here as I deploy after.

I like it and can’t wait to test it out properly, I love the 5 damage chaplains, thunder hammers on the veterans and death company should make short work of any armour the war suits are pretty good in combat as well with the 3 damage fists. The amount of shots the executioner gets when only moving 5” is mental 24 heavy onslaught shots, 12 heavy bolter shots, 12 Icarus ironhail shots, 8 Storm Bolter shot, 6 ironhail and 4 d6 fragstorm shot, that’s just crazy.

Edited by redshadow, 05 May 2020 - 11:15 AM.

DistractionTacMarine

DistractionTacMarine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 51 posts
A few points on the Chaplains:

- You can only recite each litany once per turn, so you will not get the benefit of both
- Chaplains have to be on the board to inspire, so if you start them in the transports they will not be able to do anything as units in transports don’t count as being on the table

In general, there just isn’t really enough tactical variety in Primaris units IMO to build an effective full army of them. You don’t get a lot of models and most of them are not going to be at their full effectiveness as Blood Angels.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users