I’m honestly envious of your World Eaters. I had thought about restarting them. They were my army when I first got into 40k and Khârn footslogging with a horde of berzerkers were my favorite thing.
I didn’t go that route and one day in the board I see yours in their glory. And they are glorious so keep them coming!
And def keep the dress. Who knows, one day you’ll come back to that project. I have a squad of Astral Claws retaliators in a box for such an occasion haha. Interested to see you do Alphas in the future. I have a soft spot for those sneaky snakes.
Thanks man! Actually they are not that hard to paint:
1.basecoat mechanic is standard grey
2. Heavy zenital highlight of Vallejo grey primer airbrushed
3. Shadows of Vallejo mecha color dark titan blue airbrushed inner side of legs, underside of arms and usually upper left side of chest-area
4. Spot highlight of white on upper side of plates
5. Other colors painted in, chipping with sponging rhinox hide -> satin varnish model
6. Veeeery liberal wash of Tamiya black panel liner oil dry for 20-30 mins
7. Using small brush and white spirits rub away at the oil where light would hit the armour
So it’s not very technical with pre-shade and different multiple layers and stuff, really straight forward and hard to make mistakes. Only stage where it might get wrong is if the chipping gets too much/too big blotches of rhinox hide. So give it a go
Yeah I might come back to salamanders. The problem is that I want to paint almost every legion
and I might actually expand to just do that in the future. 1000 points zone mortalis armies ain’t that big, and then there’s the shattered legion-option, I long for to do a blood angel/imperial fist/white scars-shattered legion as in the siege of terra :kr