XVIII and XII legions - salamanders world eaters

Hang in there man, that's a rough situation, but it will get better. You're always welcome to ping me a message, whether its about real life or the hobby.

The lads are looking brutal, the rich blue and that brass trim are top notch.

Thanks a lot friend, yeah I’m really positive that it will be better, life goes on, I’m sad then I’m laughing and then sad again. But I guess the laughter and happiness will prevail, but the loss will always be there ofc.

That’s really nice of you, I will!

Yeah I’m very happy how they came out, a combination of an easy yet effective style of painting, the right bits and my envisionment of the world eater-atmosphere finally got me results I’m proud of :)

Looking forward to field them against your iron hands. I really love your iron hands!

Edited by Johanhgg

I’m honestly envious of your World Eaters. I had thought about restarting them. They were my army when I first got into 40k and Khârn footslogging with a horde of berzerkers were my favorite thing.

I didn’t go that route and one day in the board I see yours in their glory. And they are glorious so keep them coming!

And def keep the dress. Who knows, one day you’ll come back to that project. I have a squad of Astral Claws retaliators in a box for such an occasion haha. Interested to see you do Alphas in the future. I have a soft spot for those sneaky snakes.

I’m honestly envious of your World Eaters. I had thought about restarting them. They were my army when I first got into 40k and Khârn footslogging with a horde of berzerkers were my favorite thing.

I didn’t go that route and one day in the board I see yours in their glory. And they are glorious so keep them coming!

And def keep the dress. Who knows, one day you’ll come back to that project. I have a squad of Astral Claws retaliators in a box for such an occasion haha. Interested to see you do Alphas in the future. I have a soft spot for those sneaky snakes.

Thanks man! Actually they are not that hard to paint:

1.basecoat mechanic is standard grey

2. Heavy zenital highlight of Vallejo grey primer airbrushed

3. Shadows of Vallejo mecha color dark titan blue airbrushed inner side of legs, underside of arms and usually upper left side of chest-area

4. Spot highlight of white on upper side of plates

5. Other colors painted in, chipping with sponging rhinox hide -> satin varnish model

6. Veeeery liberal wash of Tamiya black panel liner oil dry for 20-30 mins

7. Using small brush and white spirits rub away at the oil where light would hit the armour

So it’s not very technical with pre-shade and different multiple layers and stuff, really straight forward and hard to make mistakes. Only stage where it might get wrong is if the chipping gets too much/too big blotches of rhinox hide. So give it a go :)

Yeah I might come back to salamanders. The problem is that I want to paint almost every legion :) and I might actually expand to just do that in the future. 1000 points zone mortalis armies ain’t that big, and then there’s the shattered legion-option, I long for to do a blood angel/imperial fist/white scars-shattered legion as in the siege of terra :kr

I don’t have the airbrush not the skull but I am def saving the that tutorial. Salamanders would definitely be fun in ZM, even more so with their love of fire and flamers. If memory serves its brutal in ZM.

The idea of a Siege of Terra force also sounds great. Personally I would love to see a force like that with mangled and cobbled armor and with the grim look of “no step back” to them.

I don’t have the airbrush not the skull but I am def saving the that tutorial. Salamanders would definitely be fun in ZM, even more so with their love of fire and flamers. If memory serves its brutal in ZM.

The idea of a Siege of Terra force also sounds great. Personally I would love to see a force like that with mangled and cobbled armor and with the grim look of “no step back” to them.

If you invest in an airbrush you will not be sorry. I was reluctant to buy one, but When i did and learned some theres no going back, i repeated in my mind ”why oh why did i not buy earlier” :) Edited by Johanhgg

All they sought was the love of their father.

They let the nails be hammered in to their skulls to mirror their fathers image, for acceptance. For which son would not do anything for his fathers affection?

All they sought was the love of their father.

But he hated them. He scorned them.

-unknown remembrancer attached to XIIth legion.

Aaaalmost done:

http://u.cubeupload.com/Johanhgg/B389632275234E7CAF59.jpeg

http://u.cubeupload.com/Johanhgg/B72744521CBF4455A492.jpeg

Thanks a lot friend, yeah I’m really positive that it will be better, life goes on, I’m sad then I’m laughing and then sad again. But I guess the laughter and happiness will prevail, but the loss will always be there ofc.

That’s really nice of you, I will!

Yeah I’m very happy how they came out, a combination of an easy yet effective style of painting, the right bits and my envisionment of the world eater-atmosphere finally got me results I’m proud of :smile.:

Looking forward to field them against your iron hands. I really love your iron hands!

Not at all and thank you! The glowing visors/lenses of the squad look great.

Glad to see the motivation is keeping up, are those heads and shoulder pads printed?

Yeah the heads and the green Pads is printed, the spiked Pads is bought from mastercrafted

Sweet! Nice way to customise your army.

Yes! Its fun! Maybe you can help me decide, world eaters will be very much expanded. Ive stripped everything else. In spec legion units I have 2 gorgon squads, 10 medusan immortals, Sally dread-cassian dracos and an alpha legion praetor.

Im thinking about painting alpha legion When WE are completed, if i can get the colour right. I have models and mental room for 1 more legion. Which legion should it be? I have lots of breachershields and i do love imperial Fists...but im not sure...

Well, the Gorgons and Immortals could work well in an Iron Warriors force, if not Iron Hands. I could see the Salamanders using large formations of Breachers in hammer and anvil style warfare, a rock upon which to break the enemy. Is there any particular section of the lore, or personality from the novels that really draws you? Any colour scheme that you particularly enjoy?

Well, the Gorgons and Immortals could work well in an Iron Warriors force, if not Iron Hands. I could see the Salamanders using large formations of Breachers in hammer and anvil style warfare, a rock upon which to break the enemy. Is there any particular section of the lore, or personality from the novels that really draws you? Any colour scheme that you particularly enjoy?

I really like the idea of imperial Fists breachers and terminators in boarding-actions, i really like both sigismund and the templar brethern,novel the Crimson fist is one if my favorites.

I also like the thought of a Dreadnought Heavy salamanders force burning their way through at Isstvan.

Both these legions is pretty similar in platstyle -short range firefights with termies and breachers...

Or Blood angels..they have crossed my mind :)

Edited by Johanhgg

Nice work on the power weapons and plasma glow.

Hm, a force of Salamanders combining Breachers and Dreadnoughts sounds pretty cool to me.

Thanks! Yeah Im thinking about a mostly terran salamanders-detachement, Im not to fond of painted flames (or i suck at it) which are more of an imperial creed, and less promethean cult. I keep my immortals and gorgons, and some of the raven Guard and also can field a cool shattered legion force!

Command squad is looking sharp as is the Salamander. I like the nitty gritty of the paint scheme you did there. I usually think the green I see for Salamander feel vibrant. This guy looks like he’s been in the s*#t and he’s only coming up for more ammo.