Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Onager Dunecrawler and Armiger size comparison?

Adeptus Mechanicus Imperial Knights Onager Dunecrawler Knight Armiger

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,525 posts

I'm looking into making a spider-Armiger - how do they size-compare? Simple question. Could anyone with an AdMech and Knights army send a picture or something?

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.pnggallery_30308_9518_3596.jpg

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,245 posts

This is kinda turning your ask upside down, but it might also be the clearest answer on size comparisons.  Our much respected Redshirt made this on a lark:

gallery_57329_13636_35939.jpg

• Zephaniah Adriyen likes this

Posted Image

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,525 posts

This is kinda turning your ask upside down, but it might also be the clearest answer on size comparisons.  Our much respected Redshirt made this on a lark:

gallery_57329_13636_35939.jpg

Very clear, thank you. If Redshirt can do that, I can certainly do the opposite.

• N1SB likes this

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.pnggallery_30308_9518_3596.jpg

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Tichinde

Tichinde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons
I'm planning on doing this in the future ( I have all the relevant parts). The only issue I recall from test fitting is the "ball" joint on the legs is slightly bigger than the "socket" on the armiger body. As noted above it works fine the other way round! I can provide photos of you like.
  • Zephaniah Adriyen likes this

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,660 posts
  • Faction: Summoners

Scroll down on this article:

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

• Dr_Ruminahui and Zephaniah Adriyen like this

Tichinde

Tichinde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

Scroll down on this article:

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

yup, that shows it exactly, forgot about that one.

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,525 posts

Very helpful, thank you!

Bung

Bung

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 702 posts

Or you could save yourself some work and look at Fallout Hobbies, they have Spider Legs for Knights and Armigers

https://www.fallouthobbies.com/bits

• walter h, Elzender and Zephaniah Adriyen like this

walter h

walter h

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 556 posts
Bung ,you should post that to the Mechanicus, subforum. I, am also interested in the legs. I would have been checking there for that info. Thank you.

gallery_30308_9518_48142.png

Bung

Bung

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 702 posts

Bung ,you should post that to the Mechanicus, subforum. I, am also interested in the legs. I would have been checking there for that info. Thank you.

Haha, i never set a foot in the Mechanicus Subforum as i actually only play Heresy. tongue.png

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,123 posts
Apologies to Zephaniah for kidnapping the thread, but would anyone be able to show a comparison between a Leman Russ tank and an onager? I am considering the idea of using Onagers as proxies for Solar Auxilia, but I would lile to see if they would be comparable size-wise.

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,525 posts

Apologies to Zephaniah for kidnapping the thread, but would anyone be able to show a comparison between a Leman Russ tank and an onager? I am considering the idea of using Onagers as proxies for Solar Auxilia, but I would lile to see if they would be comparable size-wise.

Not a hijack, I'm curious now too. biggrin.png

Could use the Start Collecting! photos as a reference point, since AM Infantry and Skitarii are about the same size.

• walter h and Elzender like this

walter h

walter h

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 556 posts

Haha, i never set a foot in the Mechanicus Subforum as i actually only play Heresy. tongue.png
I would hope you might at least try the Mech, forums once.
There are some very interesting threads there. Some even have the Heresy period ,as a backdrop. What about the houses that served the ,Emperor, or those that chose the fallen Primarchs. Take a peek. It's free
No charge! Seriously please visit.

Edited by walter h, 21 May 2020 - 03:55 PM.

• Magos Takatus likes this

gallery_30308_9518_48142.png

Bung

Bung

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 702 posts

Haha, i never set a foot in the Mechanicus Subforum as i actually only play Heresy. tongue.png
I would hope you might at least try the Mech, forums once.
There are some very interesting threads there. Some even have the Heresy period ,as a backdrop. What about the houses that served the ,Emperor, or those that chose the fallen Primarchs. Take a peek. It's free
No charge! Seriously please visit.

Thanks, but to be honest, 40k lost me at the start of 7th Edition, thats why i am only visiting the Forge and Age of  Darkness parts.

• walter h likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Knights, Onager Dunecrawler, Knight Armiger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users