Help with a (competitive?) list

Hi all,

I've tried building a list based on what I've read around and experienced. I know I'll be going against guard with at least roughly 3 Russ tanks. Is this a good list against this type of army?

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (T'au Empire) [55 PL, 8CP, 998pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

Sept Choice: Show Sept Tenets rule

. Custom Sept: Hardened Warheads, Stabilisation Systems

+ HQ +

Cadre Fireblade [2 PL, 42pts]: Markerlight

Commander in XV8 Crisis Battlesuit [8 PL, 142pts]: 4. Through Boldness, Victory, 4x Missile pod, Warlord

. MV4 Shield Drone

+ Troops +

Breacher Team [2 PL, 35pts]

. 4x Fire Warrior: 4x Photon grenades, 4x Pulse blaster

. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse blaster

Strike Team [2 PL, 35pts]

. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle

. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle: 4x Photon grenades, 4x Pulse rifle

Strike Team [2 PL, 35pts]

. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle

. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle: 4x Photon grenades, 4x Pulse rifle

+ Elites +

Firesight Marksman [1 PL, 25pts]: Markerlight, Pulse pistol

XV104 Riptide Battlesuit [14 PL, 280pts]: 2x Smart missile system, Advanced targeting system, Heavy burst cannon, Target lock

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit [10 PL, 143pts]: 2x Fusion blaster, Fusion collider, Fusion obliterator, 2x MV5 Stealth Drone, Shield generator

+ Fast Attack +

Tactical Drones [2 PL, 40pts]

. 4x MV4 Shield Drone: 4x Shield generator

. 4x MV4 Shield Drone: 4x Shield generator

. 4x MV7 Marker Drone: 4x Markerlight

+ Heavy Support +

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits [8 PL, 141pts]

. Broadside Shas'ui: 2x High-yield missile pod, 2x Smart missile system, Advanced targeting system

. 2x MV7 Marker Drone: 2x Markerlight

++ Total: [55 PL, 8CP, 998pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Any and all advice would be appreciated!

I honestly don't think there's much to say for 1000p. At that level your list will always be lacking regardless of what you do and it's mostly luck whether you're going to face a list that can exploit your weakness or not and vice versa.

I think instead of a lone Riptide I'd try to get in two more of the Missile Broadsides to utilize your Sept Tenet even more but that could also easily backfire considering Broadsides are less mobile and desperately need Drones around due to lack of an invul safe.

Edited by Panzer

I honestly don't think there's much to say for 1000p. At that level your list will always be lacking regardless of what you do and it's mostly luck whether you're going to face a list that can exploit your weakness or not and vice versa.

I think instead of a lone Riptide I'd try to get in two more of the Missile Broadsides to utilize your Sept Tenet even more but that could also easily backfire considering Broadsides are less mobile and desperately need Drones around due to lack of an invul safe.

More broadsides aren't a bad idea, it's just that 2 more would a little too pricey for me. Do you think though as it is I have enough anti tank?

Ok, so at 1000 pts with 3 russes that is easily half his army. As for AT in your list your a little light as the missiles are only S7 and that means wounding the tanks on 5+, same with the HBC. But your number of shots and the added AP will help. Just focus fire on one tank at a time.

Your ghostkeel is your main AT, but if your opponent knows this then it might not last a turn.

Also if you took Stabilization system you don't really need target lock since the tenet removes the penalty on moving and firing heavy weapons.

Might think about swapping that with a drone controller and setting up the marker drones nearby to give them the better BS.

Overall I think you have a decent list. I'd like to see more troops for obsec, but at this low points I can understand the lack especially with the guard player taking some heavy hitters.

Ok, so at 1000 pts with 3 russes that is easily half his army. As for AT in your list your a little light as the missiles are only S7 and that means wounding the tanks on 5+, same with the HBC. But your number of shots and the added AP will help. Just focus fire on one tank at a time.

Your ghostkeel is your main AT, but if your opponent knows this then it might not last a turn.

Also if you took Stabilization system you don't really need target lock since the tenet removes the penalty on moving and firing heavy weapons.

Might think about swapping that with a drone controller and setting up the marker drones nearby to give them the better BS.

Overall I think you have a decent list. I'd like to see more troops for obsec, but at this low points I can understand the lack especially with the guard player taking some heavy hitters.

I completly forgot I had the target lock on my riptide I'll definitly change that. Ill make sure I focus fire on his tanks though, I'll probs be able to drown one of them through weight of fire each turn. Thanks for the insight!