Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Seventh Sons - Death Guard Warband - Starting 500pt List

- - - - - Death Guard 500 Plague

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Doctor X

Doctor X

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3 posts

Greetings,

I'd like to point out this is my first post here on the B&C. I have lurked a little over the years but thought as I'm getting back into the hobby now would be a good time to take the plunge and begin contributing.

In short, after a number of years away from the hobby I am returning. It's been a LONG time, I'm now myself a father of two rather unpleasant nurglings as opposed to being one myself (which I was) when I last collected.

Nurgle is my favourite Chaos God and the new Death Guard models are awesome. I've done some reading here and on 1d4chan to get idea of how the Death Guard work (seems they rely on synergy). I understand we are really not very competitive but that's not essential for me to have fun, we'll get our time in the sun I'm sure.

So I've put together the below list...

++ Patrol Detachment (Chaos - Death Guard) [34 PL, 498pts] ++

+ HQ +

Ghogarth Gurgler - Malignant Plaguecaster [6 PL, 95pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 4. Blades of Putrefaction, 6. Arch-Contaminator, Blight Grenades, Bolt pistol, Corrupted staff, Krak grenades, Smite, The Pandemic Staff, Warlord

+ Troops +

Plague Marines [10 PL, 132pts]
. Traff Thrombosis - Plague Champion: Blight Grenades, Krak grenades
. . Codex: Boltgun, Plague knife
. 4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun: 4x Blight Grenades, 4x Boltgun, 4x Krak Grenades, 4x Plague knife
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight Grenades, Blight launcher, Krak grenades, Plague knife
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight Grenades, Blight launcher, Krak grenades, Plague knife

Plague Marines [10 PL, 131pts]
. Barbarov Bile - Plague Champion: Blight Grenades, Krak grenades
. . Codex: Boltgun, Plague knife, Power fist
. 5x Plague Marine w/ boltgun: 5x Blight Grenades, 5x Boltgun, 5x Krak Grenades, 5x Plague knife
. Plague Marine w/ melee weapons: Blight Grenades, Flail of Corruption, Krak grenades, Plague knife

+ Heavy Support +

The Harvester - Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 140pts]: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy slugger, Plagueburst Mortar

++ Total: [34 PL, 498pts] ++

I know it's not optimal but I just can't play Death Guard without a healthy dose of Plague Marines. I was going to go with all ranged special weapons (that seems optimum) but I feel like a more balanced approach is both more interesting and fun.

The main thing I'm looking for advice; is  the load-out of the Plague Marines. I went through a number of versions, the first was two blight launchers in one squad and two plasma guns in the other, no close combat weapon upgrades. But, that list totaled 501pts which annoyed me as well as not strictly meeting the 500pt requirement. So, then I thought one blight launcher and one flail in each squad but I then realised once those squads enter close combat the blight launchers are stuck and can't shoot till I fight my way out or die. Which led to my current list with one squad focused on ranged combat and one on close combat(-ish) that way I can utilise the plaguecasters spells to benefit the specific squads of Plague Marines better.

The idea being I march up the board behind the Plague Crawler spewing out the ranged pain that we have, then when I need to assault use the combat orientated Plague Marine squad buffed by Blades of Putrefaction to deliver the punch to get them off an objective etc.

I realise with such a small points limit there is not a lot that can be done - I didn't want to overwhelm myself with models to build, paint and manage.

I've already ordered the Plagueburst Crawler, two boxes of Plague Marines from GW and the Plaguecaster from ebay so have the bits from those boxes to play around with. Is there any advice on either the load-outs of the squads or anything else anyone would like to impart?

Vile Regards,

Doctor X

Edited by Doctor X, 07 May 2020 - 09:36 PM.

• librisrouge likes this

Verbal Underbelly

Verbal Underbelly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 283 posts
Hey, remember that the plague champion can take a plasma gun as well. A decent loadout at 500 points is a squad of 5 plague marines with 3 plasma guns.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Death Guard, 500, Plague

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users