Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Text different from Link destination

Link Description

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,039 posts

Got a bit of an oddball one here.

Am trying to drop a link to a non-40k book into my signature.  The destination is a file/location on S c r i b d, but every time I paste or even write the text/link into the signature, the board replaces the text "S c r i b d" with "Games Workshop", but does not replace the link, which continues to function correctly.

Is this by design or is there a gremlin somewhere?

Thanks for any help in advance.

EDIT: Pardon the spaced name, but the board is even changing the text-in-post.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham, 09 May 2020 - 02:06 PM.

Dam13n

Dam13n

++ CÆLATOR ALTRICES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,453 posts
  • Faction: The Scions
I suspect it's due to the fact that s c r i b d is often used to host pirated copies of GW books. So, references to it are auto-corrected / redirected due to the boards rules re IP infringement and Copyright protection.

Edited by Dam13n, 09 May 2020 - 02:12 PM.

• Mazer Rackham likes this

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,039 posts

Ah!

It's not a real problem to miss it out, was just mind-boggling along the vein of: "I'm sure I didn't type that.." eek.gif

Could have led to strange questions being asked!

Thanks, appreciated.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham, 09 May 2020 - 02:18 PM.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,091 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
Yes, it is a deliberate filter action because of the significant amount of pirate files available at that site.

There is a lot of legitimate material there, too, though, so we need to figure out how to not throw the baby out with the bath water.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Link, Description

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users