Serious Geeks - Idaho has a YouTube channel

Hey all. I've embarked upon a new endeavor, a creative project for a bit of fun and see where it goes.

I've started my own YouTube channel. It's early days and I've never used editing software before, hence my reliance on free software right now (the pay for being a Mod here is a lot less than you might realise, multiplied by zero).

Please remember my beginner status before you judge too harshly.

The channel isn't perfect but I've learnt on the go, getting better every video. Right now I've got the beginning of a tactica series detailing tactics and game play in 40K, plus a more generic review of the hobby and community.

It's important at this point to explain this is a project wholly unrelated to the Forum so is not reflective of the Bolter and Chainsword in any way.

Going forward I want to provide content that involves my children, beginners tutorials as well as content for more established veterans of the hobby. I will likely focus on 40K but will discuss AoS and other games as time allows.

This is my latest video:

Channel link Serious Geeks

I think it's my best yet, though the Librarian review has more humour in, so check that out also. Actually check it all out!

Please support me by liking the videos, subscribing and watching as much of the content as you can. Comments are welcome. If you have any suggestions or requests please let me know. :)

Thanks a lot!

Yeah man, that would be cool. Obviously we're a way from me being able to do that (Lockdown notwithstanding!).

Oh I forgot to add... I have a logo being designed as we speak so things are progressing all the time!

I’ve subscribed. I always liked your tactical breakdown, but I don’t play ultramarines, so I’m hoping you’ll do move list building videos.

Quick suggestion, and I know you’ve just started and it’s just a beginner thing, but I noticed a couple of times where you started two sentences back to back with the same phrase. I didn’t pick up on any pet words or gap fillers, so that’s good! Keep it up though.

Also, It would have been cool to see your actual models as you talked about them, but I guess not necessary.

Yeah man I tried to avoid that very thing but must have missed it in the editing. Think it was nerves, which is lame to say but I actually get a bit flustered making the recordings!

Which is odd because I'm a total attention seeker in reality lol!

Yes my actual models has been suggested a couple times to me. I will try to include more!

I definitely want to do more broader tactical insight. I'll put some draft thoughts together and see what I can come up with, particularly with list building.

I think most of the time other channels focus on unit tactics which is good but often their use amongst a greater army is generally fairer and more accurate. I'll bear that in mind.

Thanks for the advice. I will take it all on board.

Watched your tactical marine video, solid video. War Angel has covered one of my points is that in addition to artwork it would be nice to see models (either of your own or people you play with [with their permission of course]), another would be that I feel like you are speaking too softly. In comparison to, say, Kirioth or Macca from The Outer Circle they feel like they are talking to you wereas if felt like you were more... well whispering to me (for lack of a better term). I don't know if that was the way you were speaking or your mic setup, but thats how it kinda felt.

Other than that, solid start. Apart from that's not how you sounded in my head, but we'll go with it.

I look forward to checking it out. Will you be covering any Primaris Tactics? :)

I intend to next. As well as a model review of Mephiston, since it is so badass. Probably should keep it topical and focus on Ragnar of course, but Mephiston I would like to talk about.

The question is... what Primaris unit? Intercessors is a big one, so I might go that way as a major investment, seeing as they're a major part.

Any preference?

Watched your tactical marine video, solid video. War Angel has covered one of my points is that in addition to artwork it would be nice to see models (either of your own or people you play with [with their permission of course]), another would be that I feel like you are speaking too softly. In comparison to, say, Kirioth or Macca from The Outer Circle they feel like they are talking to you wereas if felt like you were more... well whispering to me (for lack of a better term). I don't know if that was the way you were speaking or your mic setup, but thats how it kinda felt.

Other than that, solid start. Apart from that's not how you sounded in my head, but we'll go with it.

Hearing you loud and clear. I noticed things were quieter than I felt they should be. Need to have a fiddle around.

I will definitely work on getting more personal minis in from those I game with or myself. Not always possible but it is definitely something that people would like to see.

Thanks all.

:)

I’m a huge Valrak fanboy so I’ll give you a sub and see how it goes. Cheers mate!

If I ever get half as good as Valrak I'll consider myself successful!

Honestly I think you’re already doing a lot better. I don’t he even knows the rules for 40k. What I’m saying is do your own thing and be yourself, you’ll do quite well.

Actual content takes time to build.

Quick hype style videos may drive likes, but does it create channel loyalty?

You're not a news caster, you are making content.

I'm more of a quality over quantity guy. So take your time and create good content, we'll wait.