Serious Geeks - Idaho has a YouTube channel

Appreciated :)

So all... what do folk think about the latest Tactica? Too dry, too abstract, too much focus, not enough focus?

Or was it easy to follow and worked well?

Always looking to improve.

(I know there were some sound issues with the recording, the sound moving left to right which was weird! I'm working on it)

I had to rewind it a little when you were going into different ways to run them. Something around that time just seemed like we transitioned paragraphs but the cues weren’t there ahead of time. Probably not a huge deal, but maybe a “now, let’s talk about....”. And maybe you did do that but it just kinda snuck up on me if that makes sense?

Maybe in the introduction you can give us a preview of what your going to cover on the subject. “Today we will be talking about their loadouts, battlefield roles, and other units they compete with”.

Overall, I quite liked the latest video, it really went indepth as to what were available uses for intercessors, but as War Ange said, some additional cues could be useful. Maybe add some text pointers to the video too, in addition to the images?

Parsing information to be remembered, or for the listener to take notes is all part of pedagogical technique.

In this instance it's a video, so you have more tools in the tool box to give cues to the learner.

In essence you are a teacher now.

Welcome to the fold brother.

Edited by mel_danes

Great advice everyone. I'll try to remember to partition off my discussion more so folk won't get lost, as after hearing the advice I went back and listened and realised exactly what you meant! When you go through yourself you know what you mean so it's easy to miss that.

I'm humble enough to enjoy advice from my peers. :)

Oh that would be very bold! I will bear it in mind but using other people's material for my own purposes might upset people?

I suppose if I ask and they deliver they would know what's going on.

Well if you ask for them via here you can always add their B&C name at either the top or bottom of the image citing who owns it and where it can from example:

"No Foes Remains@bolterandchainsword.com".

Edited by No Foes Remain

Something else you can do is add time code for the various sections of discussion.

I've had great success with this with my students.

You put a time stamp in the description with the title of the subject, and the video jumps to that point.

Edited by mel_danes

It's really quite easy.

Say you're talking about loadouts of what wargear a unit might take. You start talking about it at 6 minutes 23 seconds.

The time code would look like this.

06:23 Wargear

The listener opens the description, clicks on that blue highlighted time and is fast forwarded to the Wargear section.

Yeah if you ever wanna use my pictures go for it, I can take more if you’d like something specific. I don’t remember if I already said this but I remember staying up late at night to read your tactica like, 10 years ago.

That means a lot man. I'm a confident player so things like that spur me on.

I'd love to showcase models like that one day. I'll bear it in mind.

It's really quite easy.

Say you're talking about loadouts of what wargear a unit might take. You start talking about it at 6 minutes 23 seconds.

The time code would look like this.

06:23 Wargear

The listener opens the description, clicks on that blue highlighted time and is fast forwarded to the Wargear section.

I'll have a fiddle lol. Many thanks.

Another suggestion Captain, perhaps rotate videos between Firstborn and Primaris? At the current moment in time I am invested in 30k while I await to see if 40k is going to have another edition or not but I have a plan for a 40k Astartes force to be mainly Firstborn with a small amount of Primaris so I'm going to be more interested in the Firstborn videos, whereas others may be more interested in Primaris tactics.

Great review.

The humble bolt rifle has done some work for me.

Turn 2, Bolt Storm strat, 10 man squad in Cpt. range. 40 shot shreds an Ork fighter in my back field. Tore it out of the sky like a kite.

Keep up the good work sir.