Planning ahead, looking for nice big models to add

Hey folks,

I've barely started playing with my 1k list and I'm already trying to think ahead to 1500 and 2000! *my unbuild arkanaut ironclad cries in the distance* (Shh, I'm building you after the next batch of infantry)

Anyway, I'm looking to expand my list with some more infantry (Rubrics and maybe some allied CSMs), light armor (another Helbrute and/or a HF Contemptor) and a nice, big, centerpiece model or two. The latter is what I'll need help with since I see a lot of options and a lot of different ideas for them.

So as I see it my options are:

- Magny Magic: I'm already planning on getting him at some point even if just for display. How can I call myself a Thousand Sons fan and not at least have the model? (Besides, I'm planning on kitbashing Captain General Kitten soon and he needs his bro)

- Mutalith Vortex Beast: This monstrous thing seems perfect for the magic, demon summoning dust bins.

- Lord of Change/Kairos: Kinda fitting considering I have a bunch of Tzaangor so it'd be visually thematic. But at the same time I'm not looking to focus on Tzanngors for my bigger list.

- Predators/Land Raider/Other tanks: I've heard a lot of mixed things. Some love them, some think Helbrutes are just flatly better. I'm a bit 50/50 on including them myself due to their fairly basic looks (No offense of course. They're still nice looking). Especially when I have the option of...

- Chaos Knights: I love how these things look, and I got an idea to basically call it a gigantic Rubric fluffwise. So having a Knight Desecrator or some WarDogs standing in the back of my army in my colors sounds delightful. (Also I saw a kitbash where someone took a Knight and made it look like it belonged in a Kharadron Overlords army which would fit perfectly for my IG proxy plans. So it'd be nice to have one handy to make measurements beforehand)

So, any thoughts from the more experienced players?

From a purely modelling perspective: all of the above? :lol:;) Magnus is as you say almost mandatory for a Sons collection, but a Chaos Knight would also fit the bill for a large centre piece model so I'd say one of these :tu: Lord of Change would be great too, but he's a Daemons unit so doesn't really fit the Sons part.