Brood Brothers questions

I have questions in relation to Brood Brothers units, mostly in relation to the Militarum Tempestus.
  1. Does it make lore sense to run Brood Brothers Tempestus?
  2. Is it actually possible in the rules to run Brood Brothers Tempestus, and how would that function with the Tempestus having a fixed <REGIMENT> keyword but only sort of?
  3. Assuming 1 and 2 are valid, do I want a squad of 10 Tempestus Scions or a squad of 5, a Command Squad and a Tempestor Prime?
  4. Assuming 2 is valid and the MILITARUM TEMPESTUS keywords on MILITARUM TEMPESTUS datasheets get swapped for BROOD BROTHERS, can any BROOD BROTHERS INFANTRY model that isn't an Ogryn ride in a Taurox Prime?
  5. Assuming 4 is false for one reason or another, do I want to build it as a regular Taurox instead of a Taurox Prime so it can carry an Infantry Squad if I want it to?
  6. What happens when I take a 1CP Detachment for Brood Brothers?
  7. Does it make lore sense to run Commissars for Brood Brothers?
  8. Assuming 6 is valid, how would you model Commissars for Brood Brothers, using the existing Officio Prefectus Commissar kit (the one that comes in the Start Collecting! sets for Tempestus and Cadia)?
  9. Do Cadian and Tempestus kits have the same heads (i.e. compatible with Brood Brothers upgrades)?
  10. Do Brood Brothers Troops gain Objective Secured?

1. Anybody can be infected by the Genestealer's Kiss, including Sororitas. Mind control is also a tool that Cults with Magus' utilise a lot. Hell, the entire Schola may well be operated by the Cult depending on how infested of a sub-sector they hail from.

2. Your <Militarum Tempestus> keyword (<Regiment> for everything else) becomes <Brood Brothers>, so you'd lose out on the Tempestus-specific regimental rules but you could still utilise their generic stratagems.. In the context of running then as an Astra Militarum Detachment you'd have to bring at least one detachment from the GSC Codex.

3. I don't run Scions myself so you'd probably get a better answer on the Guard forum, but I know Scion plasma spam was and probably still is quite popular.

4. As per The Greater Good only <Militarum Tempestus> (and <Officio Prefectus>) keyworded models can ride in a Taurox Prime, even in a <Brood Brothers> Detachment. 

5. Transports for regular Guardsmen are pretty much a waste of points. Storm Troopers Scions are more valuable and a Prime is more powerful for it's points.

6. Do you mean take a 1CP GSC Detachment to count as your minimum for a Astra Militarum Detachment 'unlock'? If so, that should be fine. If you meant what happens to the CP of 1CP Brood Brothers Detachment, you would still get the 1CP. You half it, then round up (half of 1 is 0.5, rounded up is still 1).

7. Refer to question #1. The fantastic novel Cult of the Spiral Dawn features a veteran Sororitas and a Guard Colonel being turned by a Genestealer Kiss.

8. If you're not bothered about keeping his cap then changing his head for one from the Brother Brothers Conversion Kit or Neophyte Acolytes is a option. Both boxes come with plenty of extra bits like ceremonial daggers, cult icons, etc that you can use to subtle show his true allegiance. Remember to shade/glaze with some purple on the skin, that'd be the important part.

9. I've heard nothing that suggests they don't fit but worst case scenario the Neophye Hybrid heads are the same scale.

10. Yes. All that is functionally changing is their Regiment is Brood Brothers, as opposed to Cadian, Mordian, etc.

Edited by Lord Marshal