Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Which BL works describe SM speed/strength in PA

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,990 posts
I recall a book mentioned something along the lines that Power Armour increases marine speed and strength by X times.

What was X and which book or story was this?

Edited by b1soul, 10 May 2020 - 01:13 PM.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,610 posts

I'm not exactly sure for that quote, but I do distinctly recall reading a bit in the first Space Wolf omnibus (first novel in it iirc) where it mentions the Power Armour that Ragnar is wearing has enhanced his strength so much that him ripping the hatch off a tank caused damage to the fingers of his armour because he was able to exert so much force onto it/them.

It might also be in that novel where it describes how much more it increases the strength/speed?

SpAcEGhOsT095

SpAcEGhOsT095

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 97 posts

I recall a book mentioned something along the lines that Power Armour increases marine speed and strength by X times.

What was X and which book or story was this?

I remember something like that from the Night Lords Trilogy. Talos and friends were fighting a Warhound Titan. In the last book, he rips the front of a bridge officer's skull off.

Edit- Book 3 - Chapter IX

No one had even seen him move, such was the prophet’s speed, clearing ten metres and vaulting a console table in the time it took a human heart to beat once.

Edit #2- Book 1 - Chapter XII

Talos was the first. Aurum crackled with energy in his fist before a single slash carved a malicious streak through the armour and engineering of the Titan’s ankle. Even one-handed, the blow would have felled a tree or carved a mortal in half. Talos’s own gene-enhanced strength, amplified tenfold by the artificial muscle fibre of his war-plate, was the pinnacle of mankind’s genetic manipulation coupled with some of the Machine Cult’s closest-guarded secrets rediscovered from the Dark Age of Technology.

Edited by SpAcEGhOsT095, 10 May 2020 - 06:43 PM.

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,234 posts
IIRC Goto did a space marine in first person perspective and covered this but my best recollection is the Ragnar quote as above with the tank hatch.

Lord_Caerolion

Lord_Caerolion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,904 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Sobek

Yes, but Goto also had Eldar tanks destroyed by children throwing stones.

• DarkChaplain and Oxydo like this

"And then Horus landed on the Moon, which looked like the moon. Funny that, isn't it?"

You're hired.

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,990 posts
@ SpAcEGhOsT095

Thanks for bringing up the NL series

It also contains this

"Talos vaulted a pile of rocks, his boots crashing down on the other side and never missing a stride. His eye lenses flickered runic sigils between eighty-four and eighty-seven kilometres per hour."

Don't think it mentions the factor of Power Armour's speed boost though

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,141 posts
Age of Darkness has the following excerpt. Not qantitative but nicely poetic.

Transhuman dread. Aximand had heard iterators talk of the condition. He’d heard descriptions of it from regular Army officers too. The sight of an Adeptus Astartes was one thing: taller and broader than a man could ever be, armoured like a demigod. The singularity of purpose was self-evident. An Adeptus Astartes was designed to fight and kill anything that didn’t annihilate it first. If you saw an Adeptus Astartes, you knew you were in trouble. The appearance alone cowed you with fear.

"But to see one move. Apparently that was the real thing. Nothing human-shaped should be so fast, so lithe, so powerful, especially not anything in excess of two metres tall and carrying more armour than four normal men could lift. The sight of an Adeptus Astartes was one thing, but the moving fact of one was quite another. The psychologists called it transhuman dread. It froze a man, stuck him to the ground, caused his mind to lock up, made him lose control of bladder and bowel. Something huge and warlike gave pause: something huge and warlike and moving with the speed of a striking snake, that was when you knew that gods moved amongst men, and that there existed a scale of strength and speed beyond anything mortal, and that you were about to die and, if you were really lucking, there might be just enough time to piss yourself first.

• aa.logan and Indefragable like this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,990 posts
I might be looking in the wrong place. Perhaps the info is in the SM codex or Fantasy Flight's Deathwatch

I remember somewhere it explicitly says Power Amour increases the wearer's speed

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,037 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
It is a good question on whether Astartes Power Armor provides +1 enhancement in and of itself.

Aside on the nature of power armor:
Hidden Content

• Lord_Caerolion likes this

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users