Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Regal Return

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 844 posts
My heart skips a beat every time this thread gets a new reply.

Every. Single. Time.

Because for some reason I always read it as “A Rogal Return” at first. And then the realization and disappointment sink in...

Edited by Spinsanity, 22 May 2020 - 11:45 PM.

• War Angel, Dark Shepherd and Ubiquitous1984 like this

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,259 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal

My heart skips a beat every time this thread gets a new reply.

Every. Single. Time.

Because for some reason I always read it as “A Rogal Return” at first. And then the realization and disappointment sink in...

I’m sorry brother.
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,788 posts

Just to put this out there, now massive buckets of salt with this, I heard rumours of a Void Dragon model. Now with the story in White Dwarf 453 which is a Flight of Necron Doomscythes surprised and confused the Admech when they appeared out of nowhere in the low orbit of Mars. They proceeded to bomb a stretch of desert that the tech priests considered unremarkable before mysteriously disappearing.

I'm wondering if we could this could be adding to that, The Silent King was first hinted at in a White Dwarf magazine as well.

I just want to re-add this to the conversation, I'm convinced my source was onto something again.

• AenarIT likes this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,259 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal
A void dragon would be similar in power to a primarch or a knight. I like the idea for options of each army to have a big powerful boss leading it into combat. Hope we see more primarchs soon.
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,961 posts

Just to put this out there, now massive buckets of salt with this, I heard rumours of a Void Dragon model. Now with the story in White Dwarf 453 which is a Flight of Necron Doomscythes surprised and confused the Admech when they appeared out of nowhere in the low orbit of Mars. They proceeded to bomb a stretch of desert that the tech priests considered unremarkable before mysteriously disappearing.

I'm wondering if we could this could be adding to that, The Silent King was first hinted at in a White Dwarf magazine as well.

I just want to re-add this to the conversation, I'm convinced my source was onto something again.

that leaked ctan did have wings and a tail......

banana

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

that leaked ctan did have wings and a tail......

And the body is part machine.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Vanger

Vanger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 695 posts

You mean the one marked as "I think this is definitely a C'tan" model, with the wings and lightning? I'm pretty sure that's the Void Dragon. But lookin at the size of that, the updated monolith and the Silent King, I do wonder... will they update the Trickster and the Nightbringer? Hmmmmm...

I took ballistics in school. Fascinating subject. Things go up! Things go down!

*Laughs in Heretic Astartes*

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,364 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
It's definitely the void dragon. It's head is a literal void, on top of the part machine, part dragon wings and tail.

Screenshot-20200524-202326-Twitter.jpg

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,204 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

I was always under the impression that the Void Dragon was whole and trapped on Mars by the Emperor himself and wasn't shattered/splintered/shardeded like the other C'tans, or has there been a change in lore I missed.

10th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra'    18 Legiones Astartes detachments from all active Legions; Geno One-Four-One Akkad; 13th Solar Auxiliary Cohort 'Black Scorpions'

sml_gallery_48988_16053_16940.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_4278.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

194th Company, 19th Chapter, Ultramarines Legion - 'Ultimas of War'; Halcyon Dominion's 3rd Spartii Imperialis Auxilia Regiment; Knight House Cousland

Sons of Horus 38th Company

-----

Astral Claws 5th Company; XII Tyrant's Legion

Adeptus Praetorii: Void Angels, Ultima Wardens, Crimson Saints  Adeptus Astartes Chapters

Order of the Amethyst Tower; Halcyon Dominion Militarum Forces; Knight House Cousland; Forge Fiefdom Orzarm

Void Knights Chaos Chapter

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,788 posts

I was always under the impression that the Void Dragon was whole and trapped on Mars by the Emperor himself and wasn't shattered/splintered/shardeded like the other C'tans, or has there been a change in lore I missed.

Taken from White Dwarf 453:

A Flight of Necron Doomscythes surprised and confused the Admech when they appeared out of nowhere in the low orbit of Mars. They proceeded to bomb a stretch of desert that the tech priests considered unremarkable before mysteriously disappearing.

• No Foes Remain likes this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,204 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

Ah, thanks Valrak. Guess that explains it.

10th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra'    18 Legiones Astartes detachments from all active Legions; Geno One-Four-One Akkad; 13th Solar Auxiliary Cohort 'Black Scorpions'

sml_gallery_48988_16053_16940.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_4278.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

194th Company, 19th Chapter, Ultramarines Legion - 'Ultimas of War'; Halcyon Dominion's 3rd Spartii Imperialis Auxilia Regiment; Knight House Cousland

Sons of Horus 38th Company

-----

Astral Claws 5th Company; XII Tyrant's Legion

Adeptus Praetorii: Void Angels, Ultima Wardens, Crimson Saints  Adeptus Astartes Chapters

Order of the Amethyst Tower; Halcyon Dominion Militarum Forces; Knight House Cousland; Forge Fiefdom Orzarm

Void Knights Chaos Chapter

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,594 posts

That has been hinted at but it was never confirmed.  It could be broken, intact, partially reconstructed, imprisoned, free, anything.

• No Foes Remain likes this

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 17,743 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Fingers crossed we get 4 C'tan models - Nightbringer, Void Dragbin, Outsider and Deceiver.

And of course I want all of them in new plastic!
  • NTaW likes this
I've started up a new YouTube channel! Please support me as I attempt to grow it.

Serious Geeks

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,359 posts

I think a dual kit that makes two is the more reasonable expectation. Question is, which two? Necrons are in for a great year regardless it seems.

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,023 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

That has been hinted at but it was never confirmed.  It could be broken, intact, partially reconstructed, imprisoned, free, anything.

It is definitely confirmed that it is shattered. There is one piece of lore (I believe in the previous version of the Necron codex) where it is described that a large shard of the Void Dragon broke free or was loose, and ripped through a sector before being (re)captured by he Necrons.

As for the C'Tan model, if it really is a shard of the Void Dragon; it looks awesome, but I was kind of hoping for... well... a dragon.

Edited by Quantum, 26 May 2020 - 06:23 AM.

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,023 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

Fingers crossed we get 4 C'tan models - Nightbringer, Void Dragbin, Outsider and Deceiver.

And of course I want all of them in new plastic!

Awesome, for sure. But I still have hopes that the old lore is valid that says the Outsider is whole and located/trapped inside a Dyson Sphere.

Also, please do not suggest that the True Omnissiah dresses up like waste bins. tongue.png

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Alby the Slayer

Alby the Slayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 86 posts

Amazing model, didn't expect to see so much content for Necrons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users