Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Regal Return

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 789 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

This teaser/trailer was really well made an athmospheric (far better than, for example, the Ragnar vs Ghazkull one). Looking forward to this smile.png! Necrons are my favourite villainous faction, so it would cool to see them get a boost.

Edited by ranulf the revenant, 10 May 2020 - 04:50 PM.

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

My humble Space Wolves plog

sml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,044 posts

Excuse the ignorance but who is the silent king and what do we know about him?

This should help you out :) https://wh40k.lexica...iki/Silent_King

Thank you kindly!

Quick reading suggests he's quite a big deal! This could be fascinating narrative advance then
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

Now that the trailer's out on Youtube and it's easier to get good quality screenshots, can we talk about the way the Necrons apparently see/depict themselves? laugh.png

FIwrzdw.png

New Necron pariahs maybe...

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,697 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Pretty excited for this. I’ve got Abaddon and Ghaz is on his way. Might just collect all the main villains of 40k

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,601 posts

The Silent King is the leader of the Necrons, the lone surviving member of a group of three Kings who ruled the Necrontyr called the Triarch. He sold them into biotransferrance and eventually gave the royal courts their sentience back after defeating the C'Tan before leaving in self-imposed exile. In recent lore, being the Codex and campaigns leading up to the Gathering Storm events of 7th edition, he is secretly back in the galaxy considering the Tyranids the #1 threat to the galaxy. In older fluff, he met with Dante and Tycho to broker an alliance against the Tyranids. In recent lore he sent Praetorians from off-screen to get Anrakyr to go to the Cryptus system to get the Mephrit Dynasty to ally with the Blood Angels against the Tyranids (precursor to the current events at Baal).

I would expect that not all Dynasties would rejoice his return, notably Imotekh from the Sautekh Dynasty (greenCrons, the most represent of Dynasties in lore and models) has been sort of looking to be the new 'one to rule them all'. Most would automatically join him. The mark of the Triarch is the ankh symbol on all Necron chestpieces (excepting finecast characters) and vehicles.

For more fun deep-dives into Necron lore feel free to stop by the Necron subforum thumbsup.gif

Edited by NTaW, 10 May 2020 - 04:50 PM.

• firestorm40k, battle captain corpus, Brother Dallo and 1 other like this

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,131 posts
  • Faction: Hexfleet Virules

I hope new lore rectons; the Silent King is Settra the Imperishable. After End Times, he got scattered through space and time and landed with the ancient Necrons. Helped lead uprising and unified the Necron empire because SETTRA DOES NOT SERVE, SETTRA RULES! Any other explanation will be a disappointment. There is still time to hold your books and do a reprint with this improvement, GW!

• 6262, Sandlemad, Noserenda and 3 others like this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

Before the Necrontyr became the Necrons, Silent King was the hereditary title given to the leader of the Triarch, who would only speak to the other two Phaerons of the Triarch, as everyone else was too below him for him to speak to them, hence the title. Szarekh was the Silent King that pacted with the C'Tan, influenced by the Deceiver, and gave the greenlight to biotransference, condemning the Necrontyr to an eternity of existence as death robots and becoming effectively the last and forever Silent King.

He gave the order for the Necrons to withdraw and slumber in their Tomb Worlds, but instead of joining them, he went on a self imposed exile off-galaxy as he felt he failed the Necrontyr, but found only Tyranids out there, so he realized what a threat they were and whispers said he returned to the galaxy to fight them to ensure the Necrons would survive.

New Necron pariahs maybe...

What if the re-retcon to reintroduce Pariahs is that they're part of the Silent King's personal army that he took with him on his exile and now that he's back he's ordered them to assist Necrons everywhere? Kinda like Guilliman did with the Custodes.

Edited by DeadFingers, 10 May 2020 - 05:06 PM.

• 01RTB01 likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,010 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Pariahs would make more sense as the next step in the evolution of the Necrons imo rather than being a "here are some new supercrons that the Silent King had hidden away for all this time", aka Primaris 2.0. This is also much more true to oldcron lore where the Pariahs were a hideous new (albeit unknown) step in the C'tan's plan for the galaxy. And if the parallels between this and AoS hold true then they can occupy a similar role to the bone construct dudes. It would also tie in with GW's hints about what the new Szeras model is doing harvesting humans - who better to create the next evolutionary step than the guy who turned the Necrons into bots in the first place?

Edited by Marshal Loss, 10 May 2020 - 05:08 PM.

• Sandlemad and Triszin like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,044 posts
Sounds like a decent release should be forthcoming. Should know by months end then

Thanks for the history lesson!
  • mel_danes likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,621 posts

Pariahs would make more sense as the next step in the evolution of the Necrons imo rather than being a "here are some new supercrons that the Silent King had hidden away for all this time", aka Primaris 2.0. This is also much more true to oldcron lore where the Pariahs were a hideous new (albeit unknown) step in the C'tan's plan for the galaxy. And if the parallels between this and AoS hold true then they can occupy a similar role to the bone construct dudes. It would also tie in with GW's hints about what the new Szeras model is doing harvesting humans - who better to create the next evolutionary step than the guy who turned the Necrons into bots in the first place?

not sure about this. I mean there could be new units for praetorians which are not under control of dynasties. 

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,010 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

not sure about this. I mean there could be new units for praetorians which are not under control of dynasties. 

Sure, why not. But I'm talking about Pariahs specifically, which have their own pedigree in the universe, not some random new unit from the beyond

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

Pariahs would make more sense as the next step in the evolution of the Necrons imo rather than being a "here are some new supercrons that the Silent King had hidden away for all this time", aka Primaris 2.0. This is also much more true to oldcron lore where the Pariahs were a hideous new (albeit unknown) step in the C'tan's plan for the galaxy. And if the parallels between this and AoS hold true then they can occupy a similar role to the Bone construct dudes

Hmm, true. And the blackstone donut on Szeras is a very suspicious and notable addition to his model too, so that might be a factor on the reintroduction of Pariahs as an anti-psychic/warp unit.

And speaking of the boney fellas, I was just thinking about them (and the Nighthaunt) and I'm starting to have my suspicions that his model and/or rules might be similar to Katakros. A mighty ruler surrounded by his retinue, who doesn't bother to step into the fight until his servants are dead and he has to take matters into his own hands. Certainly fits the character.

• Marshal Loss likes this

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 806 posts
Hmmm if the 9th edition rumours are true I wonder if crons will take the DG place and primaris will be the other release like for 8th
  • lionofjudah likes this

Arendious

Arendious

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 334 posts
  • Faction: Umbral Owls

Interesting that the hieroglyph representing the C'tan, shown when makes his deal with them, is the same one shown above the "frail, newborn" races (as they scream). 

"Take this, thy reflector belt, that the Emperor's Holy Light will shine in all the places that you go."  ~Commissar Lemay, Imperial Flying Corpsgallery_48988_6285_18080.png

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,365 posts

I approve of the introduction of Swolecrons and their Silent overlord.

• Arendious and ranulf the revenant like this

beefeb

beefeb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 327 posts

So the recent lore on Blood Angels working with the crons to fight the nids will fit into a nice new boxset  and new marines release hopefully featuring the potato camera pics of what looked like primaris bikes and land speeder....looking like my hobby speed needs to continue.

• General Strike likes this

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,922 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

I really like the art in the vid. Very excited for more Necrons, especially after Szeras. 

• Medjugorje likes this

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 839 posts

This may go without saying for a lot of people (and some may even disagree), but it seems likely that this reveal on the 23rd was intended to be the big announcement from Warhammer Fest. The only question now is whether we'll see ALL of what was supposed to be the Warhammer Fest preview on the 23rd or if it will get parted out again as the Adepticon reveals were.

• General Strike, nanosquid, Axineton and 1 other like this

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,124 posts
If this hombre is more powerful than Primarchs (?) are they going to have a catch 22 of having him powerful enough on the tabletop to reflect this but also the points reflecting that without making him unviable?

If Mortarion is 470 what would the Silent King be?

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

If this hombre is more powerful than Primarchs

Is he really supposed to be that powerful? I haven't ever seen anything in regards to how powerful as a fighter he is. He's probably more powerful than your average Necron Lord, but I think most of his actual power resides atop his brow, aka as a ruler and strategist.

Edited by DeadFingers, 10 May 2020 - 06:36 PM.

• Black Blow Fly, Sandlemad, Medjugorje and 1 other like this

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,965 posts

Very cool, love the tone and the hieroglyphs are a fantastic touch. Looks like this guy has been collecting all the Primaris Lieutenant models judging by that army he is leading.

Wonder if they are going to do another retcon for the Necrons?

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,124 posts

Is he really supposed to be that powerful? I haven't ever seen anything in regards to how powerful as a fighter he is. He's probably more powerful than your average Necron Lord, but I think most of his actual power resides atop his brow, aka as a ruler and strategist.

Thats what I got from vids etc but Necron lore is not my wheelhouse. So hes more a general than a warrior (even if he is immortal)?

I got the impression he had almost god like power, is that misleading?

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,621 posts

everything is possilbe. The Necrons are not limited by nature because they are transfered into robots - so everything is possible but not probably.

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,595 posts

As far as we know he hasn't personally been in a fight in 60 million years, so who knows how strong he should be? I would think making him roughly similar to a primarch would be best in terms of game play though.

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,792 posts

Cannot wait to see the Necron vs Marine boxset that I was told about last year, super excited. 

• Kervin40k and Dark Shepherd like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users