The Silent King Returns!

NTaW

I have to check this for myself but apparently in the Silent King video, the ark he rides in carries the Sautekh symbol. If that is true, then that can't be a coincedence and we may actually see him locked to Sautekh. I'll watch the video when I have time to confirm this

It's floating on the background of the mural next to the ark. Could mean a lock, could mean nothing. 

They hid it on every depiction of the Silent King himself - I don't think they'd do that then hit us over the head with an enlarged symbol.

Edited by TootiusNootius

I have to check this for myself but apparently in the Silent King video, the ark he rides in carries the Sautekh symbol. If that is true, then that can't be a coincedence and we may actually see him locked to Sautekh. I'll watch the video when I have time to confirm this

It's floating on the background of the mural next to the ark. Could mean a lock, could mean nothing. 

They hid it on every depiction of the Silent King himself - I don't think they'd do that then hit us over the head with an enlarged symbol.

It is the only fully obvious dynasty symbol so it makes sense if it ends up connected in some way.

We know that the title of the Silent King "passed from one royal dynasty to another many times" (Codex Necrons, pg. 8) but have no information at all on Szarekh's dynasty or whether the Silent King even stays a member of that Dynasty in any way past a footnote in their title. For all we know when a Phaeron is granted the position they give up all previous allegiances and dedicate themselves to the Triarch. Or not of course.

I sure hope the reveal tomorrow has information regarding this event. I know I'll be listening in to find out.

Edited by NTaW

The recent WD profile actually specifies he left the galaxy with his own Szarekhan Dynasty.  So it'd be really stupid (not impossible for GW though) to then tie him to Sautekh.

The recent WD profile actually specifies he left the galaxy with his own Szarekhan Dynasty. So it'd be really stupid (not impossible for GW though) to then tie him to Sautekh.

That’s interesting. Didn’t really think about him belonging to his own dynasty.

Thinking about it, they could go black legion and have him merging dynasties together. All those fighting for him adopt his banner.

My own dynasty is similar where there’s a main theme colour thru the army but the main colour of the different dynasties is used to differentiate different formations.

This does give me some ideas of how I could include him if he is dynasty locked for his buffs.

I’ll also be watching tomorrow morning (my time) to see how much juicy detail we’ll get. Hopefully a full model reveal and not the small clips they did for Abbadon and Ghaz.