WH40K 8th edition version of Horus Heresy rules?

matchbox

Hi folks.

Couldn’t find it on the search function but does anybody have any resources for 8th edition version of the AoD books? I know there is nothing official but I’d like to play my HH units alongside my 40k marines. I know about this one

https://natfka.blogspot.com/2017/07/playing-horus-heresy-armies-in-8th.html?m=1

But are there any others? Or more recent ones?

TIA

We've also got some of it here on the forums in the Bringing 30k models to 40k thread.

The biggest issue is points, as some of the 30k stuff that has rules in 40k 8th is RIDICULOUSLY overcosted (see: Fellblade, Falchion, Mastodon)

Since they are overcostet in Age of Darkness I find it rather fitting. ;)

We've also got some of it here on the forums in the Bringing 30k models to 40k thread.

The biggest issue is points, as some of the 30k stuff that has rules in 40k 8th is RIDICULOUSLY overcosted (see: Fellblade, Falchion, Mastodon)

Since they are overcostet in Age of Darkness I find it rather fitting. :wink:

Yeah, but are they arbitrarily double or triple the points of a comparable unit? :lol: Seriously, at it's cheapest the Falchion is nearly double the Shadowsword's point cost....

Yeah, but are they arbitrarily double or triple the points of a comparable unit? :lol: Seriously, at it's cheapest the Falchion is nearly double the Shadowsword's point cost....
Funny enough in AoD the Shadowsword is the dead fish and the Falchion is quiet good.

Yeah, but are they arbitrarily double or triple the points of a comparable unit? :laugh.: Seriously, at it's cheapest the Falchion is nearly double the Shadowsword's point cost....

That was mainly due to prior to the price hike in a Chapter Approved, they basically cost the same in points as their 30k counterparts and GW wanted to keep them out of 2k point tourney lists since some of the armies were basically becoming "Large FW Tank or Thunderhawk heavy lifting while the rest of the army goes for objectives and generate CP" so to fix it they basically just doubled all their points cost.

Edited by Slips