Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WH40K 8th edition version of Horus Heresy rules?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

matchbox

matchbox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 261 posts
  • Faction: Red Scorpions
Hi folks.

Couldn’t find it on the search function but does anybody have any resources for 8th edition version of the AoD books? I know there is nothing official but I’d like to play my HH units alongside my 40k marines. I know about this one

https://natfka.blogs...in-8th.html?m=1

But are there any others? Or more recent ones?

TIA
14000 pts of Red Scorpions
3000 pts of Nurgle Daemons

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,748 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

There is a version in progress on the 30k forums, ive not read it in a while but it still seems active

http://heresy30k.inv...ject-directory/

matchbox

matchbox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 261 posts
  • Faction: Red Scorpions
Wonderful thank you.
  • Noserenda likes this
14000 pts of Red Scorpions
3000 pts of Nurgle Daemons

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,431 posts

We've also got some of it here on the forums in the Bringing 30k models to 40k thread.

The biggest issue is points, as some of the 30k stuff that has rules in 40k 8th is RIDICULOUSLY overcosted (see: Fellblade, Falchion, Mastodon)

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,067 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion

We've also got some of it here on the forums in the Bringing 30k models to 40k thread.

The biggest issue is points, as some of the 30k stuff that has rules in 40k 8th is RIDICULOUSLY overcosted (see: Fellblade, Falchion, Mastodon)

Since they are overcostet in Age of Darkness I find it rather fitting. ;)
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,431 posts

Since they are overcostet in Age of Darkness I find it rather fitting. msn-wink.gif

Yeah, but are they arbitrarily double or triple the points of a comparable unit? :lol: Seriously, at it's cheapest the Falchion is nearly double the Shadowsword's point cost....

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,067 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion

Since they are overcostet in Age of Darkness I find it rather fitting. msn-wink.gif
Yeah, but are they arbitrarily double or triple the points of a comparable unit? :lol: Seriously, at it's cheapest the Falchion is nearly double the Shadowsword's point cost....
Funny enough in AoD the Shadowsword is the dead fish and the Falchion is quiet good.
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,029 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

Yeah, but are they arbitrarily double or triple the points of a comparable unit? laugh.png Seriously, at it's cheapest the Falchion is nearly double the Shadowsword's point cost....

That was mainly due to prior to the price hike in a Chapter Approved, they basically cost the same in points as their 30k counterparts and GW wanted to keep them out of 2k point tourney lists since some of the armies were basically becoming "Large FW Tank or Thunderhawk heavy lifting while the rest of the army goes for objectives and generate CP" so to fix it they basically just doubled all their points cost.

Edited by Slips, 18 May 2020 - 11:17 PM.

• StrangerOrders likes this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users