The Messiac Resistance

In M41.999, Messiac was a planet in Segmentum Tempestus. It was a Proto-Hive, with a decently sized population.

However, on the day of the Fall of Cadia, an Adeptus Mechanicus base on the planet failed with their highly heretical experiment with xenotech, after the cohort of Adepts was infiltrated by an unknown entity.

After the ensuing chaos of the facility being overrun by Chaos Daemons, a handful of Adepts survived both the Chaos incursion and a Scion organization dedicated to quelling said incursions...and those who opened the portals.

Then, the Great Rift opened, and the world was slammed by waves of Chaos. With the enclave of Humanity on the planet barely surviving the plentiful invasions of Chaos, it was much less prepared to deal with the Culture Complex, a new xenos faction transported from their location in the Fringes by the chaos of the Rift.

The CC quickly overtook Messiac, and using their strange xenotech they ruled the planet. With the last loyalist forces now a Resistance, they fight to reclaim their world from the vile Culture Complex. But not all humans remained loyal to the God-Emperor, many were indoctrinated and forced to become the CC's soldiers. Traitors, perhaps, but the only truth the Resistance has is that they fight for the CC, and must be slain all the same.

The Messiac Resistance is only ten thousand strong, if that, but their salvaged equipment, along with Mechanicus-sanctified CC weapons, is enough to kill CC soldiers and even the xenos themselves. With a single Space Marine and a hero from the Mechanicus base rallying Humanity against the CC and successfully destroying the xenotech portal tower, for once, the future looks bright for Messiac. But the fight is not over yet, for the CC retains its grip over Messiac. Only once they are forever pushed off the planet will the Resistance stop their heroic crusade.

Interesting premise, holding much potential. How do you see Messiac and its populace changing as time goes on? Will the Resistance nuke their own home world in a desperate attempt to purge the xenos, the way Krieg's loyalists did to purge their home world of traitors? Will the Resistance be forced to turn traitor in order to save their home world from an Inquisitor who judges it beyond redemption, and intends to subject Messiac to Exterminatus? Or will the Indomitus Crusade liberate the world from the xeno tyrants, allowing the Resistance to form a new planetary government, and rebuild Messiac?

With a single Space Marine

From which Chapter is this Marine from? Why did he come to Messiac? When? And how- a prisoner who escaped from Commorragh and arrived at Messiac via an undiscovered Webway gate, survivor of a Space Marine warship the xenos brought down in Messiac's orbit, a lone operative who was deployed via a small ship or a drop pod (read Dan Abnett's Brothers of the Snake) with orders to scout Messiac in preparation for an Imperial crusade to liberate it, something else?

Interesting premise, holding much potential. How do you see Messiac and its populace changing as time goes on? Will the Resistance nuke their own home world in a desperate attempt to purge the xenos, the way Krieg's loyalists did to purge their home world of traitors? Will the Resistance be forced to turn traitor in order to save their home world from an Inquisitor who judges it beyond redemption, and intends to subject Messiac to Exterminatus? Or will the Indomitus Crusade liberate the world from the xeno tyrants, allowing the Resistance to form a new planetary government, and rebuild Messiac?

With a single Space Marine

From which Chapter is this Marine from? Why did he come to Messiac? When? And how- a prisoner who escaped from Commorragh and arrived at Messiac via an undiscovered Webway gate, survivor of a Space Marine warship the xenos brought down in Messiac's orbit, a lone operative who was deployed via a small ship or a drop pod (read Dan Abnett's Brothers of the Snake) with orders to scout Messiac in preparation for an Imperial crusade to liberate it, something else?

The Resistance's fate is something I want to expand naturally, via stories and a Codex Supplement I want to make, so I can't answer that now. As for the Space Marine, he is a member of the Cobalt Crusaders who was displaced during the Great Rift's widening, so think a chunk of a ship was torn off during Warp travel and crashed on Messiac during the initial CC invasion.

The Resistance's fate is something I want to expand naturally, via stories and a Codex Supplement I want to make, so I can't answer that now.

Fair enough.

As for the Space Marine, he is a member of the Cobalt Crusaders who was displaced during the Great Rift's widening, so think a chunk of a ship was torn off during Warp travel and crashed on Messiac during the initial CC invasion.

I'd love to read about this Cobalt Crusader's adventures. I wonder if the "chunk of a ship" he brought with him, can be used in any way? Maybe serve as the Resistance's fortified headquarters, if it's large enough (IIRC, the Imperium has frigates over a dozen KILOMETERS in length)- or to serve as a decoy headquarters to lure the xenos within the blast radius of the bomb hidden within?

The Resistance's fate is something I want to expand naturally, via stories and a Codex Supplement I want to make, so I can't answer that now.

Fair enough.

As for the Space Marine, he is a member of the Cobalt Crusaders who was displaced during the Great Rift's widening, so think a chunk of a ship was torn off during Warp travel and crashed on Messiac during the initial CC invasion.

I'd love to read about this Cobalt Crusader's adventures. I wonder if the "chunk of a ship" he brought with him, can be used in any way? Maybe serve as the Resistance's fortified headquarters, if it's large enough (IIRC, the Imperium has frigates over a dozen KILOMETERS in length)- or to serve as a decoy headquarters to lure the xenos within the blast radius of the bomb hidden within?

It's about 800 meters in length, and was the Resistance's first base back when they were a handful of guys and a Space Marine. But, that was a week after the fall of Messiac so it wasn't meant to last, especially because it landed in a major city.