Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blood Angels "Sort Of" Friendly 1500pts

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

jaywally

jaywally

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

Aloha. This is my first BA list in this edition at this points level. I based this list largely on what I see on the forums. I'm looking for a viable list that I can use in friendly and/or semi-competitive games. I often play against tyranids,  traitor guard, and/or Chaos with cultists, so I see a lot of chaff units. Otherwise, I see Eldar or Space Wolves. Please let me know what you think. 

Batalion Detachment +5 CP

HQs:

100 – Lemartes w/ canticle of hate, invocation of destruction      

142 – Librarian Dreadnought w/ stormbolter, Quickening, Wings of Sanguinius

Troops:

95 – 5 Intercessors w/ Powerfist sarge, Bolt Rifles, Auxiliary Grenade Launcher 

95 – 5 Intercessors w/ Powerfist sarge, Bolt Rifles, Auxiliary Grenade Launcher

75 – 6 Scouts w/ Powerfist sarge, Boltguns 

Elites:

243 – 12 Death Company w/ jump packs, 3 x Powerfists + boltgun, 9 x chainsword + boltgun

Vanguard Detachment +1 CP

HQs:

143 – Captain w/ jump pack, storm shield, thunderhammer

76 – Sanguinary Priest w/ jump pack, lightning claw

Elites:

161 – Redemptor Dreadnought w/ heavy onslaught gatling canon, rocket pod, onslaught gatling canon, two storm bolters, Redemptor fist   

161 – Redemptor Dreadnought w/ heavy onslaught gatling canon, rocket pod, onslaught gatling canon, two storm bolters, Redemptor fist   

64 – Sanguinary Ancient w/ Powerfist, Angelus boltgun, standard of sacrifice  

145 – 5 Sanguinary Guard w/ Encarmine Axe and Angelus Boltgun  

Total: 1500 points / +9 CP

Notes: Had a couple extra points left so upgraded the SG to axes and gave the Priest a Lightning Claw. The Priest heals with his left arm and kills with his right arm. Left arm hospital, right arm funeral home. 

Idea is for the Ancient, Captain, Priest, and SG to run together. Hopefully the Priest can help keep them up. I took the Redemptors mainly because I like the models and wanted them to help deal with flyers (rocket pods) and chaff units. Intercessors stay back, hold objectives, and shoot with their 30" range. The Redemptors and Intercessors pepper units setting up assaults. The Libby Dread provides some psychic defense and assaults when able. I gave all the DC boltguns to help with chaff and three powerfists, and will use fury to get them in on a assault asap.  

Is there anything more I should give the captain?

Is it worth spending any CP's for additional relics?       

Edited by jaywally, 11 May 2020 - 10:20 PM.

tychobi

tychobi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 601 posts
Angels Wing relic on smashcapt could be useful. Balanced list. Should be fun.
  • jaywally likes this

Kill Maim Destroy

jaywally

jaywally

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

Thank you for taking a look. Appreciate it. 

I wonder if spending -1CP on the 'Armory of Baal' stratagem is worth it?

I could then give my captain the Angels Wing relic. What do you think?

However, my captain lacks 'Death Visions of Sanguinius' so he does not have FNP.

I was planning on keeping him close to the SG Ancient to get the FNP.   

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,546 posts

I wonder if spending -1CP on the 'Armory of Baal' stratagem is worth it?
I could then give my captain the Angels Wing relic. What do you think?

Definitely worth it IMHO. It allows him to charge even shooty targets like Knights without the risk of being blown away by a lucky round of overwatch. Rerolled charged is also great, particularly if you want to come in from Reserves or use "Upon Wings of Fire".

However, my captain lacks 'Death Visions of Sanguinius' so he does not have FNP.
I was planning on keeping him close to the SG Ancient to get the FNP.

The extra +1A is as valuable as the FNP. Don't forget that the "Death Company" keywords also open up access to various Death Company stratagems such as "Forlorn Fury" which can be really handy. It is usually well worth the extra CP IMHO.
  • jaywally likes this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

tychobi

tychobi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 601 posts
The wing all but guarantees a charge with the reroll. No overwatch is gold when you need it. Try charging a dual avenger knight without it. I dare ya😉. Smash capt is going to chew up your cp regardless, the trick is not spending more than you need to. Situational but amazing when you need it so decide as you size up your opponent weather or not to buy the extra relic.
  • jaywally likes this

Kill Maim Destroy

jaywally

jaywally

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

Great advice. Thank you. 

I think you both convinced me to take the options on the captain.

That still leaves me with +7CP which I hope will be enough in a 1500pt game. 

So the army would now be updated to; 

-1CP Armoury of Baal (stratagem) 

143 -- Captain w/ jump pack, storm shield, thunder hammer, Angel's Wing (relic), Death Visions of Sanguinius ( -1CP stratagem).  

*I'll need to remember that 'Fury Unbound' from Lemartes now buffs the captain as well. 

• Karhedron likes this

jaywally

jaywally

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

Quick question... I'm assembling my Intercessors (first time) for this force and noticed the auxiliary grenade launcher is underneath the bolt rifle. Can a model choose to fire either the grenade launcher or the bolt rifle in the shooting phase? How about for snap shots? Thanks in advance. 

Separately, anyone have any suggestions for what power fist bits to use for the Intercessors?

I was thinking of going with the Death Company power fist. 

Edited by jaywally, 16 May 2020 - 10:27 PM.

tychobi

tychobi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 601 posts
Yeo. U choose for overwatch. Snap shots are old ed i believe. Rule of cool for power fists
  • jaywally likes this

Kill Maim Destroy

jaywally

jaywally

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

Just realized I could spend another -1 CP for the 'Hero of the Chapter' stratagem in order to give my Captain a Warlord trait, since he loses out on a trait as I made the Sanguinary Ancient my Warlord so he could take the Banner of Sacrifice. Thinking 'Gift of Foresight'. But that will only leave me with +6 CP.  

DistractionTacMarine

DistractionTacMarine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 51 posts
Just a heads up, Sang Priests cannot take lightning claws, they are limited to chainsword only.

I like your list overall, although I personally prefer Sanguinary Guard over Death Company, especially with proper character support they’re very difficult to remove and will delete anything in close combat.

Angel’s Wing is the popular relic choice, but if you’re going up against an army whose overwatch is not bad, I think Icon of the Angel has more utility.

jaywally

jaywally

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

Thank you for the heads up. This is a friendly list for beer and pretzel games. Battlescribe is allowing me to give my Sanguinary Priest a Lightning Claw according to 'Legends'. I guess that's index material? Regardless, my group will be cool with it as long as I can show them the Battlescribe printout ahead of time.

That said, I only gave the Priest the claw because I didn't know what else to do with the points at the time. Now, I wonder about giving the Scout Sergeant a stormbolter instead... or if there is anything better I can do.

Alas, now as I assemble and paint this force, GW has announced 9th edition is incoming. Hopefully this force will still be somewhat decent in 9th.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users