Halls of Titan - WIPs and Contemplations

Skywrath

Hi all,

Long time lurker become new member. 

Came back to 40k last year after many years away, chose the Sons of Titan as my army. Love the Lore and the Terminator aesthetics. Sadly due to continued lockdown in Scotland my army has gotten off to a slow start but wanted to share my current WIP for my 7th Brotherhood.

So far I have my Grand Master with Soul Glaive, Librarian, Apothecary and a Terminator Squad. Waiting on another box of Terminators to arrive and have a Chaplain Tarentus to kitbash once that arrives.

Shall continue to share updates as my progress improves. Sadly can't paint at the moment as I live in a flat and it's to cold to prime my models outside just now.

Grand Master

Librarian

Apothecary

Terminator Squad

Hi all,

Long time lurker become new member. 

Came back to 40k last year after many years away, chose the Sons of Titan as my army. Love the Lore and the Terminator aesthetics. Sadly due to continued lockdown in Scotland my army has gotten off to a slow start but wanted to share my current WIP for my 7th Brotherhood.

So far I have my Grand Master with Soul Glaive, Librarian, Apothecary and a Terminator Squad. Waiting on another box of Terminators to arrive and have a Chaplain Tarentus to kitbash once that arrives.

Shall continue to share updates as my progress improves. Sadly can't paint at the moment as I live in a flat and it's to cold to prime my models outside just now.

Welcome to the Halls of Titan! 

Nice job giving all the terminators tabards.  Any questions feel free to ask. 

Thank you. 

At the moment my plan is just to build up my army so I have options when it comes to playing.. Whenever that will be.

After the next box of Terminators are built and the chaplain, I plan on getting a strike squad box for two 5 man Interceptor Squads.

After that, in no particular order I want to get a Brother Captain, Nemesis Dreadknight and two more boxes of Terminators for a Paladin squad.

I also forgot I have an old metal inquisitor model that I plan on running as well, though since I got her I kind of want to keep it as is and just kitbash my own from a Stormcast Evocator

Welcome! I really like the Grand Master conversion, looks killer :smile.:

I am quite proud of him, turned out better than I expected. Will be a while before I attempt to paint him as want to do him Justice so the Terminators will be my Guinea pigs.. See how well I do after 20+ years away. 

Thank you. 

At the moment my plan is just to build up my army so I have options when it comes to playing.. Whenever that will be.

After the next box of Terminators are built and the chaplain, I plan on getting a strike squad box for two 5 man Interceptor Squads.

After that, in no particular order I want to get a Brother Captain, Nemesis Dreadknight and two more boxes of Terminators for a Paladin squad.

I also forgot I have an old metal inquisitor model that I plan on running as well, though since I got her I kind of want to keep it as is and just kitbash my own from a Stormcast Evocator

Can't go wrong with either of these. Either way, if you have any questions regarding tactics, or what unit to go for, I'm only a PM away :)

• 3 months later...

How would we feel about a refresh of the Unit of the Week series, but when our codex drops? In the vein of "before" and "now" + other changes?

Would be dope! Always nice to read other folks' opinions and ideas, and the codex drop will make things ripe for discussion.

How would we feel about a refresh of the Unit of the Week series, but when our codex drops? In the vein of "before" and "now" + other changes?

Would be dope! Always nice to read other folks' opinions and ideas, and the codex drop will make things ripe for discussion.

Thanks, Brother Woodsman! 

More opinions are requested. 

So update of where I am at with my Grey Knight WIP (no pics)

Paint in progress:

8 servitors (4 have heavy bolters)

10 terminators (all Halbred storm bolters/ justicars have hammers)

Primed:

10 man paladin squad

5 man Paladin

4 terminator librarians

1 terminator chaplain

1 brother captain

1 Terminator ancient

1 Paladin ancient

2 terminator apothecaries

2 lascannon Razorbacks

Ordo malleus terminator inquisitor

Inquisitor Lok and retinue

Need to work on bases and be primed:

Las/missile dreadnought

Stormhawk

Storm talon

• 1 month later...

Let's get some activity flowing in this thread :)

What aspirations do you have with the release of 9th in terms of playing GK? 

Currently I got these to paint up:

1. Psilencer Purgation Squads x 2

2. 5m Strike Squad

3. Draigo, reimagined

4. Stormraven

5. Rhino

6. 2 GMNDK's

7. 15-ish Strike squads, which need their weapons replaced with swords/halberds or magnetised..

8. 5m Paladin Box

So update of where I am at with my Grey Knight WIP (no pics)

Paint in progress:

8 servitors (4 have heavy bolters)

10 terminators (all Halbred storm bolters/ justicars have hammers)

Primed:

10 man paladin squad

5 man Paladin

4 terminator librarians

1 terminator chaplain

1 brother captain

1 Terminator ancient

1 Paladin ancient

2 terminator apothecaries

2 lascannon Razorbacks

Ordo malleus terminator inquisitor

Inquisitor Lok and retinue

Need to work on bases and be primed:

Las/missile dreadnought

Stormhawk

Storm talon

I still have all this plus I need to build

GMNDK

GM

5 Paladins

Regular dreadnought

10 Purifiers

5 terminators

5 interceptors

5 purgation squad members

3 NDK

2 land raiders (all variants)

1 land raider Banisher/ Phobos

1 land raider Mk IIb

Storm Raven

….they may be it along with finishing other arms for 2 ven dreads and reg dread

Edited by war009

The upscale looks fairly nice, although the shoulder pads look too small?

I agree, and the psychic hood means they don't look quite as bulky as Terminators should. Maybe some cataphractii pads or some green stuff beneath the shoulders would be better.

Thanks for the feedback.

Let's get some activity flowing in this thread :smile.:

What aspirations do you have with the release of 9th in terms of playing GK? 

I brought a friend back into playing 40k after a long hiatus. He played GK when they still were a part of Codex Daemonhunters. I'll probably mostly be playing against GK in the forseeable future and teach him how things have changed in 9th. We will certainly mix in some Crusade too!

I would love to post a pic of my latest build but I can’t figure out how to get it onto the post. Yes I’m old and not a tech person lol.

I'm old too, so I totally get it:thumbsup:

Take a pic and then download to your PC. Create a personal gallery on your profile. Download the pic from your PC to your gallery (You'll find your gallery in your account profile on the lower left hand side). Downloading to your gallery will ensure compatibility with the B&C parameters. Keep in mind that the photo cannot exceed 2 mb per upload, so you may have to adjust the size of the photo before download. Is that clear as mud:happy.: :tongue.:

Edited by Brother Lunkhead

I would love to post a pic of my latest build but I can’t figure out how to get it onto the post. Yes I’m old and not a tech person lol.

I'm old too, so I totally get it:thumbsup:

Take a pic and then download to your PC. Create a personal gallery on your profile. Download the pic from your PC to your gallery (You'll find your gallery in your account profile on the lower left hand side). Downloading to your gallery will ensure compatibility with the B&C parameters. Keep in mind that the photo cannot exceed 2 mb per upload, so you may have to adjust the size of the photo before download. Is that clear as mud:happy.::tongue.:

Thanks bud I’ll give it a go