Halls of Titan - WIPs and Contemplations

Skywrath

Still toying with the idea of using one ven dread panel with lettering instead of the other one with the BA iconogrophy, but I guess I have to carve that off.

That's exactly what I did with mine, it was very straight forward, just make sure you use a very thin, very sharp blade and take your time Edited by Brother Lunkhead

Thanks for the advice! Hopefully 9th comes soon, because all this uncertainty is killing me.. what has everyone been up to though?

Also, how would you do a psycannon arm on a dreadnought, out of curiousity?

Can a dreadnought have a psycannon?

Thanks for the advice! Hopefully 9th comes soon, because all this uncertainty is killing me.. what has everyone been up to though?

Yes the forgeworld doomglaive dreadnought

Yes the forgeworld doomglaive dreadnought

Ah yes, I try to avoid FW models but I might look at it and do a conversion.

EDIT: Just went on the FW website and the doomglaive isn't there.

Edited by casb1965

@Valerian, On the Australian eBay store, I am having a really hard time finding those discontinued models. Perhaps it would be easier on the US eBay store, but the moment I see a FW GK dreadnought, then I buy it - in fact I could use one for a shooty dreadnought. 

@casb1965, You'd best do that BA librarian dreadnought into a GK - the only thing you realistically need to cut/change is the helmet (which is simply glued in place), and that BA logo on the chest-piece. Then it's a matter of leadbelching/stormhost silvering to color the dread. 

@Freakshow666, I'll probably just go for the default shoulderpads, but I'll add some GK iconogrophy from the paladin/strike boxes to make up for it. The other Ven Dreadnought will have those though. 

Side-note: To those people that would probably think that I am ignoring their advice towards the Vortimer Dread - I have taken into consideration what you said, this is just for the challenge.

Edited by Skywrath

My first time trying to make something from modeling putty/milliput.

The tabard absolutely leaves a lot to be desired, and will no doubt be taken off. But thought I'd share anyways.

Also, what do you guys think about the removal of his mechanical arm thingies?

gallery_80056_16040_202885.jpg

Edited by Captain Coolpants

My first time trying to make something from modeling putty/milliput.

The tabard absolutely leaves a lot to be desired, and will no doubt be taken off. But thought I'd share anyways.

Also, what do you guys think about the removal of his mechanical arm thingies? gallery_80056_16040_202885.jpg

Much better without. I use them slightly differently which I think gives a better overall shape to the model. Link below (because I can’t for the life of me work out how to put the picture in a post.)

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/265189-gmndk/

Edited by Holier Than Thou

Wondering if you guys could help me out?

Im breaking out the milliput again, so thought I'd try something super simple for my bases because evidently, I'm a terrible modeler.

But my main assistance needed is figuring out a colour combo for the tentacle/goo combo.

Here's a few I've done so far. All my models need re-basing to 32mm anyway so these are just testers.

gallery_80056_16040_10118.jpg

Thanks guys!

Seems people prefer the purple.

Its just the colours I'm looking for though. Green goo with purple tentacle or purple goo with pink tentacle.

Or if you guys could think of maybe something that'll go better with the dark grey knights?

I'll still play around with the bases themselves though. But will probably look very much be a combo of the middle and left one, scenery wise.

Edited by Captain Coolpants

Thinking about building a proper brother captain using this model.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/deathwatch-watch-master

Just replace one shoulder with the GK one, replace helmet with a GK one, and magnetize his wrist. Paint his color silver, do the I's in red.. Think that would be a legal conversion, despite not having terminator armor? 

Realistically his glaive has his storm bolter, and his armor is GK-like. Thoughts?

Edited by Skywrath

Thinking about building a proper brother captain using this model.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/deathwatch-watch-master

Just replace one shoulder with the GK one, replace helmet with a GK one, and magnetize his wrist. Paint his color silver, do the I's in red.. Think that would be a legal conversion, despite not having terminator armor?

Realistically his glaive has his storm bolter, and his armor is GK-like. Thoughts?

Definitely double! Links below aren't mine. Just have to be careful with the heads. Seems both people used a terminator head and it just looks, wrong. So he might look a tad too skinny next to actual terminators.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/5g63ew/i_spent_all_day_painting_up_a_deathwatch_watch/

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/mcEpC

Seen both of those links already. But my question is whether it's legal enough to use on the table-top?

Sheet-wise, a BC has to have terminator armor for teleport strike and for the crux terminatus. While I can argue my way out of a crux terminatus for an iron halo, the artificer armor is iffy. The rest I'm fairly certain should be fine, but I'm not convinced?