Halls of Titan - WIPs and Contemplations

Skywrath

Looking forward to the efforts, brother!

Although a question: Titan Pattern WR9, that's made-up right? That's not official.

yes it not an official variant.  Titan Pattern WR9  will be a converted Stormraven with some improvements and modifications. 

3 land raiders!? That's a lot!

Yeah but its the only army I have that can use Land Raiders  (Raptors is 10th company, Mortifactors are Primaris) 

Nice shirt here's the ones I got....somehow got 2 of the same shirts and yeah the storm raven nose guns are not glued in! I have a stormeagle i got in trade that has multimeltas in the nose. :down:

gallery_26778_16349_47258.jpg

gallery_26778_16349_82009.jpg

It seems, that I'm the guy with the servitors here. So I show you how I did my fast and cheap conversions for them. Note I don't like the original ones, so I will allways convert them.

If you have a friendly admech player near you, you should be able to get the bits needed for the servo arms pretty easy. I use some army from the Chickenwalker-drivers for my conversions too but that is a bit, most wont have left.

118888273-356420675364315-55343003737250

these are the sprues from the destroyer/breacher kit. You see the bits I used at the end of the brushes.

You cut them so they can be arms and then cut one arm from an imperial dude. I use some of my old Mad Max style astra militarum guys for it. they were in the blackstone fortress box.

118823702-1298235157178206-5766206395335

And yes they are kind of chaos guardsmen, but they look soooo good. going with the style. they use converted new ork buggys as dune buggys.

Good day, brethren of Titan!
I'm back with results of legs-surgery of good part of my power armored guys
Actually this process took about half of the summer weekends - collect all required legs, then I've decided to swap falcions for halberds army wide, as mentioned before
Plus all army was already painted in sort of 'battle-ready', so additional time and patience was wasted on accurate disasembilng of painted models, then priming and painting new parts and attaching them to bodies.
To fasten the process I've decided to cut off torsos under the belt level with a hobby-saw in cases when it just does not goes of, exchanging legs and fresh new base
And Im pretty pleased with overall results, despite it took a lot of time, now whole army looks freshier and there are no visible signs of surgery
Next steps is rework all major colors on the armor before moving to weapon details
Here are some pics of 60 guys
6*5 strike squads on the front - major part with new legs, and halbered, except few 'veteran squads' of old metal guys
3*5 Interceptor squads on the far left corner - all fresh with new DW legs
3*5 Purgation squads on the far right corner, mix of stock plastic guys with metal on the last row

dac5adc1 7642 41eb 955d 2513e7a80b13

2f01fb0b e191 4639 b170 871c5a4675aa

1e8d1e15 782e 4d86 a7c9 6df105923553

Had a busy day today! Had so many half finished projects that I needed to complete. I've had the day off work today so thought I'd finish em off!

I've got a majority of my demon goo bases fully painted! So that'll be fun cutting away the old ones.

And a few weeks ago, whilst trying to sort out all my model bits, I realised that I have enough bits to make another 5 man strike squad! Only issue was, I had to use the bare faced heads. I tend to hate modeling a marine without its helmet. Just seems silly to not have a helmet. So to try and make up for it, I tried to put them in cool poses. My favourite is the one about to throw his halberd (but might need to put him on a taller base)

And I also purchased and painted up the blood angles librarian dreadnought weapons. I was convinced I had the official doomglaive weapons (or at least a recast) but turns out I didn't. I'll put that picture in the dreadnought thread though.

Hidden Content

gallery_80056_16040_256241.jpg

gallery_80056_16040_178369.jpg

gallery_80056_16040_47459.jpg

gallery_80056_16040_37224.jpg

gallery_80056_16040_283669.jpg

Edited by Captain Coolpants

I like your force weapon effects a lot. Very simple but very effective. What did you do?

why thank you! And nothing fancy at all. Just dry brush a few layers of continuously lighter colours till its almost white.

I did try wet blending and glazing before, and it takes 10 times longer, for an affect that I thought wasn't worth all the extra effort.

Oh damn it, Icosiel, you inspired me to finish my two land raiders! Holy emperor that is absolutely amazing - is that a prelude to you using one in an upcoming bat-rep? :wink:

On a smaller side-note, if this is a completed product, we do have the Vehicles thread where the well, vehicles go. The Halls of Titan thread is for things that are WIP or things that don't fit in any of those categories. 

Edited by Skywrath

Oh damn it, Icosiel, you inspired me to finish my two land raiders! Holy emperor that is absolutely amazing - is that a prelude to you using one in an upcoming bat-rep? :wink:

On a smaller side-note, if this is a completed product, we do have the Vehicles thread where the well, vehicles go. The Halls of Titan thread is for things that are WIP or things that don't fit in any of those categories. 

Haha, indeed I do plan on it! I have a probabl-not-very-good plan that involves getting my Inquisitor into the Redeemer and getting her to the middle of the board to start perform the Ritual secondary objective. Maybe it'll work, but probably not!

Also good call on the vehicles thread! I... thought I was posting in there, for some reason. I must have missed. Whoops!

• 3 weeks later...

Another Brother-Captain conversion!

gEp6E4f.jpg
t3QUylj.jpg
owASsrr.jpg
DyVvrva.jpg

Fairly proud with the brother-captain and his conversion, however as the picture details, some of the tissue I used to wipe the excess paint off, stuck, giving him his left gauntlet a furry appearance. His base is still in need of drying so I can add the snow effect, but otherwise, fairly happy with this.
Edited by Skywrath

He looks good! Very distinctly an HQ. I know a lot of people I play against who aren't very familiar with Grey Knights often tell me they can't tell my characters apart from my Troops because everyone's so ornate. Your BroCap definitely stands out!

Skywrath, would you consider washing your armor in Drakenhof or Nuln Oil? Getting some shadows into the recesses would really make it pop!

He looks good! Very distinctly an HQ. I know a lot of people I play against who aren't very familiar with Grey Knights often tell me they can't tell my characters apart from my Troops because everyone's so ornate. Your BroCap definitely stands out!

Skywrath, would you consider washing your armor in Drakenhof or Nuln Oil? Getting some shadows into the recesses would really make it pop!

He's already washed haha, the pictures don't seem to do any of my photos justice. I'm still fixing his base, so I'll do another recess shade with nuln oil, to make the details stand out a bit more. To be fair, I am positively terrified with washing my GK, as their base colour is stormhost silver. Had plenty of bad experiences to reinforce that point.

Also the model is from the Space Marine Heroes selection - Brother-Captain Donato. With the name like that, he's practically begging to be converted! As you can tell from the custom spear, he's fully magnetised as well.

Edited by Skywrath

He's nearly done! Repainted him, as he was my very first GK model, still in need of a base, and a few splurges need to be addressed, but here he is! Unfortunately the model when I got him was definitely on the lower side of quality, so there only so much I can do to disguise some of the flaws in the manufacturing process.

qaYj078.jpg
8DWuBkA.jpg
YzaJIQ8.jpg
INkSdwV.jpg
Edited by Skywrath

Am I the only person who doesn't want access to primaris?

You're not the only one. I like to be a unique army, and I'm pretty happy with the appearance. Although, if we were primarisified we'd most likely look like aggressors which isn't too bad, I guess. But anyway, as long as we don't get left behind and we get buffs along with the other Space Marines I'm fine with how it is.

Am I the only person who doesn't want access to primaris?

You're not the only one. I like to be a unique army, and I'm pretty happy with the appearance. Although, if we were primarisified we'd most likely look like aggressors which isn't too bad, I guess. But anyway, as long as we don't get left behind and we get buffs along with the other Space Marines I'm fine with how it is.

You do realise, if they gave us primaris, it'd have to be a range of models fundamentally different to them, in both weaponry and what they do. If this wasn't the case, they would have given us aggressors/inceptors and the other model range the regular SM enjoy, by now. That isn't the case. So when we do get primaris (if we do, correction) you can absolutely expect it to be aesthetically similar to the regular primaris counterparts. Personally, I'd love to see them using the primaris aesthetic, inscribed with the runework that goes into a regular Grey Knight suit aegis armor. Now that I think about it, when you take away the runes from the aegis armor - it's essentially regular power armor/terminator armor with different helmets (which mind you, look awesome). So by that logic you can expect the same thing - primaris armor with some runework thrown on it. Of course, there is room for deviation (as the indomitus crusade shown, but in essence, it will be that.

My stance towards pro-primaris is well known, and again, I state that we need them to remain competitive. As it stands, we are decent, but again falling behind due to the Indomitus marines rearing their ugly heads (by ugly, it's an expression, not criticising the aesthetic, as some of my models are GK-ified). Plus, having primaris units, would ensure we get more GK active posters on this forum!

Edited by Skywrath