Halls of Titan - WIPs and Contemplations

Skywrath

I am not so much into the actual playing of the game and more into the lore of the game and as such Primaris just doesn't sit right with me. I am for sure biased against them. I am sure that whatever models would result from them being added would be awesome. GW does a good job with it's models in my opinion and so this isn't a worry for me. I just hope that rules wise (which is a lot less important to me) they would be able to make them competitive without having to just slap on primaris. 

I honestly love how primaris blade guard veterans look. And they actually look very close to our current range. Similar knightly helmet, flared shoulder pads, the little shoulder shield we give our justiciars, longer clavicle/neck armour, extra armour details like the knees, and extra gubbins and purity seals.

They look so grey knightish, that at first, when they "leaked" the black and white pictures of them, that was a fair few peoples reaction "are they primaris grey knights!?"

Those models just need a psychic hood and proper aegis details too look really good for us.

https://images.app.goo.gl/XjwbJFrEpxZz2aHi9

Now when we eventually get our models, I just hope they don't give them all bland static poses, I want cool daemon slaying combat poses!

Edited by Captain Coolpants

So you are talking kind of my hobby project while waiting for our new Codex.

I did just some simple changes with the Heads, added mini Shields to the Eradicators and switched the ridiculus Sormshield from the Indomitus captain.

Here are some Pic's of my Models:

GK-Marines.jpg
121253949-1049917162134676-1865937598123
121332159-3104966062940654-5697008473717
121259215-344848040117721-55003429962667
121342567-366354181178458-12102712446594

Edited by Silver-Fox

It's almost like I posted an indomitus chaplain to a grey knight conversion a few months back, and everyone seems to have missed it..

On a smaller side-note: This should be in the Halls of Titan thread. 

Edited by Skywrath

Concerning the Silver Fire of Dawn challenge: There were some matters of detail to address, the event will be commencing in about a week or so from these message, when those details have been addressed. Sorry folks, there were some crucial matters that I overlooked/forgot. 

Edited by Skywrath

It's great to see so many ongoing and completed projects from fellow Grey Knights players, keep it up lads & lasses. I just realized yesterday I'd actually gotten a 2000 point list completed, so I'm feeling pretty stoked to share it with you lot. I'm pretty happy with the outcome, though I'm still having some trouble with the blending on force weapons, mainly in keeping it all constant. The larger sword on the Dreadknight was a tough one, but it looks alright on the tabletop, and that's what I'm aiming for. The Strikes were recycled models I've had since back in 4th edition, and the Crusader was a used salvage, so despite the stripping of a couple layers of paint and the shoddy assembly, I feel they turned out nicely. Without further ado, here they are! (Lighting isn't the best, but the pics are still pretty true to the actual result)

Heroes of the 1st Brotherhood

heroes

Strike Squads

strikes

Interceptor Squads

interceptors

Paladins and Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight

termis

Land Raider Crusader Evidence of Virtue

lrc1

lrc2

And this is whats in the works, some Purgators, a second GMDK, a Venerable Dread (Silver Dawn Challengs #1!!) and more (always more) Interceptors, as well as Voldus, a Chaplain and a Techmarine. All based and primed. I also have some psilencer Purgators being stripped, so it should be a pretty well-rounded collection once it's all done!

Wip

And a couple of Land Raiders to top it off.

raider

I'd like to grab a couple boxes of Terminators so I can either run 3 squads as troops, or a full unit of Paladins/Terminators, a Librarian (a must these days I reckon) and possibly that new Terminator Chaplain so I could run two if I wanted to run a psi-weapon heavy list. 

Fluff-wise, I picture the 1st Brotherhood to have been sent to a Tzeentchian temple-fortress world, maybe a world that was virus-bombed during the Heresy and is now left barren and bleak, and which the Thousand Sons have occupied since and turned into a foul place of worship and daemonic ritual. Specializing in armored assault and bringing down daemonic strongholds, the 1st unleashes a hammer-blow assault of Land Raiders and Dreadknights to bear on the temple-fortress known as Ankhuphet's Maze. 

C&C more than welcome! Cheers.

Beautiful work, Justicar!

Question: What silver do you use, and what shade? 

Thank you, Codicier! I basecoat with Leadbelcher, followed by successive water-down washes of Nuln Oil. With each application I reduce the area, concentrating it in natural recesses. I usually do 3 coats of Nuln. I then really water down Formula P3s Cygnar Blue Base and apply to the recesses of the armor. You'd get the same result with watered down Asurmen Blue. I then highlight the edges with Formula P3s Quick Silver, though a Citadel equivalent (light-toned silver) would work. Nowadays its not so true, Citadel has done really well and their latest range of paints, through Base, Layer, Shade, etc, but when I started trying to up my painting game, you could get a much more matte finish with P3 than Citadel, which I prefer. Today, you can achieve very similar results with both ranges, and to be honest I'm leaning towards Citadel when I buy new paint pots, they've got much better coverage than the P3 range, which hasn't been re-worked like the Citadel range.  

• 4 weeks later...

What has everyone been up to?

I have a squad of base coated Interceptors just sitting on my desk, staring at me every time I walk by them. I am having such a hard time finding motivation these recent weeks!

Dude, same, after 1 squad of 5 termies, ive got the other squad at like 70% and i cbf to finish them. It drained me.

I have a squad of base coated Interceptors just sitting on my desk, staring at me every time I walk by them. I am having such a hard time finding motivation these recent weeks!

Dude, same, after 1 squad of 5 termies, ive got the other squad at like 70% and i cbf to finish them. It drained me.

Have you guys tried listening to some GK audio to motivate you to get those models done?

I'm sure you've come across these before, but I myself have not listened to them for a while, so I decided to put them onto a playlist and have them play one after the other:

^ That's about 3+ hours of some awesome narrated Grey Knights lore. After having a quick caffeine fix, I sat myself down in front of some needed completing of GK models - and got really hyped to add more to the ranks of the Sons of Titan! For we are the bulwark against the Darkness!

Edited by Waking Dreamer

Yeah, some of the audio dramas from GW are actually pretty good.

The Garro stuff is cool, he’s basically collecting the original grandmasters for the Grey knights

• 3 weeks later...

Long time no see Brothers (and Sisters) of Titan

So I had to step away from 40k for a bit as I have to do so every so often. I had to focus on other things and well the money spent on 40k was not productive as i just have way to much stuff as it is. Shortly my GF and I will be moving into our new house and well once that happens I am going to start working on my models again. I am probably get rid of most of my marine stuff that won't work in my Grey Knights or Adeptus Sororitas armies, stuff that is primed for my raptors and my cawdor gang. 

the reduction should (in theory) keep me focused but with the limited space i will have to work on my armies and store them....its for the best. So hopefully I'll have updates as the year unfolds....

Long time no see Brothers (and Sisters) of Titan

So I had to step away from 40k for a bit as I have to do so every so often. I had to focus on other things and well the money spent on 40k was not productive as i just have way to much stuff as it is. Shortly my GF and I will be moving into our new house and well once that happens I am going to start working on my models again. I am probably get rid of most of my marine stuff that won't work in my Grey Knights or Adeptus Sororitas armies, stuff that is primed for my raptors and my cawdor gang. 

the reduction should (in theory) keep me focused but with the limited space i will have to work on my armies and store them....its for the best. So hopefully I'll have updates as the year unfolds....

Welcome back Brother - what is your current project?