Third party Coven- has anyone done this yet?

ThePenitentOne

Not sure if you follow the Raging Heroes line, specifically the lust elves. They have some models in the range that are great substitutes for coven models. I've never purchased anything from Raging heroes, so I wondered if any of you have experience with these models.

Here's the wracks: https://www.ragingheroes.com/products/skinners-cgtr-le-sf?_pos=2&_sid=f5140ce14&_ss=r

The Haemonculus: https://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/lust-elves-scifi/products/slithiss-le-sf

And for you nostalgia buffs, a Haemonculus Ancient: https://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/lust-elves-scifi/products/yscarloth-le-sf

I tend to stick to GW as much as I can; a lot of models look great in the pics, but then they're slightly out of scale or they're really rough casts, etc. But I do like the idea of having a second coven consisting of these three kits. They could function as rivals to my GW main coven.

My good friend Timperial Guard regularly participates in Kickstarters for Raging Heroes and has amassed quite a collection, many of which are actually painted; he happens to be a professional-grade painter, but works at a prestigious school as the head of their Design & Technology department.  I've seen them 1st hand, they're absolutely awesome (again, awesome painter), so I WhatsApp'd him for any critiques he may have and he shared the following info (what with his very analytical mindset from teaching and being an examiner for DT):

Scale is 30mm heroic. So they can look a little off if mixed in with standard troops. Great if put all together or as a ‘larger than life’ character. Although GWs new minis are pretty big now too.

Other than that, price as they are expensive. I’ve never had a problem with quality on any of the minis I’ve bought from them. Sculpt are amazing - although some are a little too 'scandalous' for my tastes.

He's plain-spoken like me, but I hope you see he's not just answering but being solution-oriented.  The main issue is Raging Heroes' scale when standing next to traditional GW minis; great for characters, not for troops.  Anticipating your follow-up question, I already asked him if they're similar to Necromunda scale, which always seem a little bit taller to me.  He repied, "Yup, about the same."

Thanks so much. 

It'll be a while before I move on these; I want 2 boxes of GW Wracks to go with my GW Haemonculus, and I'll want to buy the Poisonblade raiding force before it is discontinued- such a good deal!

I've made most of my sisters purchases already- there's also no danger of those kits I still want being discontinued like there is with the Poisonblade box.

Really appreciate the feedback.