Possible new space elf /clown player

happyslugger

It's my son's favourite colour also.

Plus it's completely different to the green, red and gold used in my other armies.

Still jury is out..but at least I can paint each set of troupes slightly differently to help me distinguish which model is from which squad.

DIY here although now thinking I will change the colour of the main body to black lol.

Reason I'm going DIY is I have blood angels, custodes and death guard (also chaos Knights) so if I just paint them as I like I can choose what masque I want when I want. My other armies are pretty much static..no trying new things out.

I didn't really think of a colour scheme, just went with whatever. So now I'm thinking of making the main bodies black and just leaving the colours as is to match the starweaver.

Edited by happyslugger

I don't use masque colors either. This is a collecting hobby so painting them your way is the best way. I switch up mine all the time and now with the Phoenix Rising book many different build possibilities. GW's schemes are just that, their ideas. So using their ideas is fine but ultimately they're our models, so there is no real wrong way. Yours are looking great, keep at it.

Well the trouble I have is I look online for ideas and think ooh I like that and then I use the idea and try and make it mine. Luckily I have another 4 boxes of these so will be trying a different scheme with the next box...worst case I keep these for kill team lol

Almost done my Starweaver, just a few bits to tidy up.  It is fully magnetised (werapons front and back and the base).

Work on cockpit

W4Ffppi.jpg

Starweaver

6LwbCfl.jpg

Bit of a rubbish picture but pilot and chair/internals are painted.

JzwWQqt.jpg

Voidweaver (not decided on weapon colours yet)

59BC89Z.jpg

I will be building a DJ and S.S along with two skyweavers later.  Not sure how I can go about magnetising the bikes and riders.

Yes it is lol.

I'm not a great painter, I try but it's not perfect.

Painted up a death jester earlier..man I had issues putting it together..large hands don't help.

Tomorrow I will do a shadowseer and then I'm out of paint until my order turns up. I could do with some new brushes as well

I’ve heard it’s a bugger to assemble.

I've not touched my Quins this week really. I’ve been concentrating on my knight but the weather is to nice so not much done with that either. 

Edited by Axineton

No.1 Death Jester...what a pain to put together he was.

One of the little skulls was broken on mine, so I cut the other one off also :-)

SRNvTfx.jpg

XkWmt31.jpg

Still toying with these bases:

https://elementgames.co.uk/paints-hobby-and-scenery-by-manufacturer/micro-art-studios/round-resin-bases/wraithstone-bases-round-25mm-5

What do others think?

Also built the main body of 2 skyweavers today...luckily the 4 mm x 1 mm magnets I have fit perfectly in the spot where the base goes, so I have magnetised the stands.  Still need to build the riders, but I am out of primer now so have to wait :-)

Might be a week or so before I post any updates.

Slow day here as no primer, so decided to play around with my shadowseer and think I have improved it.  I actually decided to have a look at a colour wheel (didn't know what one was prior to this afternoon - hey my degree and masters where based on economics and statistics).  

QgZL2f3.jpg

eRQmAeq.jpg

One thing I am learning with these is I do not have to conform or be as uniformed in my painting has I have been with other models from my other armies.  I have more freedom (jury still out on if I am using it correctly lol) with the Harlequins.

Edited by happyslugger

The addition of that yellow really makes it pop. Good call!

Ha yes the colour wheel was a revelation to me when I discovered it last year. Makes it a lot easier to determine colour schemes.