Possible new space elf /clown player

happyslugger

The element games bases do look good. I don’t know if they will completely gel with the sharper lines of the stones on the bases of the Harlequin models though? Worth a try though at that price, you could always use them for your allied craftworlds/drukhari?

Death Jester cannon looks very Tron, I like it! :D Shadowseer looks great too.

Well I managed to paint another squad of troupes and added some additional colour and details to my shadowseer.

L2Jx5Pm.jpg

fEUIopu.jpg

DC6jFVB.jpg

9uKLFkP.jpg

Again sorry for picture quality camera on my phone jobby.  I have alternated the colours on the freshly painted models by painting different elements different colours (first five were mainly black).  This way I can mix the models together and have a range of colours or keep them separate to distinguish between squads.

I have a troupe master to paint up which I will start tomorrow and my daughter wants me to paint it up in the same colours as Harlequin from the movie (so red and black).  

And my son and I started our new terrain project yesterday:

BvxA5ce.jpg

Looking great! Red and black will look proper, can't wait to see. Pizza doe terrain, not only will it look great but will be tasty too, haha. Can't wait to see what you do with those.

It'll be amazing for sure. I made terrain out of all sorts of stuff when I began so many years ago. We had vegetable cans, soda bottles, boxes of all sorts, soda straws, paper machete hills, car parts, Yada Yada. I think it's wonderful he is doing that but could be pepperoni and cheese hills from planet pizzaria, tomatoes sauce rivers and mushroom fields. Anchovies sea monsters. Imagination is a wonderful thing. Starting to sound like a Beatles song. Anyhow, I for one can't wait to see what they look like. I know they're gonna look great with your cotton candy klowns. Hmm, I'm getting hungry now. Beautiful work.

Well I was going to keep my first two troupe squads as is (so 5-10 troupe led by troupe master) and then do another 5-10 in this scheme...but my bikes and starweavers will be the nebula scheme...so now I'm unsure.

I also tried diamonds again on this model...no chance lol. I have a little OCD with things and if the lines weren't straight it was and immediate no.

Well I was going to keep my first two troupe squads as is (so 5-10 troupe led by troupe master) and then do another 5-10 in this scheme...but my bikes and starweavers will be the nebula scheme...so now I'm unsure.

I also tried diamonds again on this model...no chance lol. I have a little OCD with things and if the lines weren't straight it was and immediate no.

Whey don’t you get a diamond stencil? Plenty of them online mate. 

Na I'm happy with how it's going to be honest. I admire the diamonds but I'm not overly worried about not having them. I also want to, at some point, play with my army lol and if I faff with painting diamonds it will be around 119th edition before they are done lol. Plus I do not have an airbrush. I tried drawing the lines on but they look wonky and my OCD just triggers....

Just need to decide if I am going to paint up 10 troupes and two starweavers in a scheme matching the colours of the above or just stick with the nebula scheme I started. Do they need to match the colour scheme of the vehicles for example?

Edited by happyslugger

I know what you mean about getting straight lines. I must have repainted over my TM cloak 3 times before I thought sod it I'm sticking with wonky lines. Tbf they do look better once painted but diamonds aren't needed for harleys and both your schemes are great!

I think you could use both troupe schemes with your vehicles no problem. Could you add a bit of red onto them so they have a colour to tie them in?

Well not had my order yet...almost 4 weeks now so I have just been making some progress with our house project (son and I) making some terrain.

d7MHvJN.jpg

Still got to add some grass etc as it will be played on multiple battle mats so needs to fit in with about 3 of them.  Also have the same number again waiting to be painted and sealed and then we shall do those covered in snow as I have a snow mat also.

Like I said, not professional quality but passes the time on lock down and thus far has cost me a massive £26.79 (that's for a total of 12 pieces of terrain).  One thing that I have established working with expanding foam it the massive pockets of air in the centre...when you cut this stuff there is quite a lot of filling in to do.

Cheers Zeb, I am trying to build and paint 1000 pts of clowns ready for 9e now.

That way my son and I can play 1000 point games with all our armies and try and learn the new rules as we go along (no doubt altering some of them in his favour as per the norm :rolleyes: ).

I can then slowly paint up the rest as we move into say 1,250, 1,500, 1,750 and 2,000 point games.  Will take a while as I am also planning to get my hands on that new box set as the models look fab and will look even better in red to go with my BA.

I don't know about you folk, but I start off with all good intentions of sticking to painting one thing at a time and then boom GW brings something out and I am pulled in another direction lol.  Only army I sat and painted & based in one go is my Custodes...and that's because there are only 28 models in my whole army (hope 9e helps them out a bit).

Edited by happyslugger