Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Possible new space elf /clown player

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 592 posts

Cheers Dwango.

I added the green as the wife said "put some green on them" but I am not sure adding more is what I want.  Trouble is, if I add it to more it could mess up the rest if I don't like it and then I am screwed, but I wont know unless I try....decisions, decisions.

Really is a simple paint scheme.  Genuinely took me less than 10 minutes to paint that on the 6 bikes.

8.jpg

Armies: Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights, Custodes and Harlequins.

Dread

Dread

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,454 posts
  • Faction: Craftworld Nebula
Very nice! Scheme is really working well on your entire army. As for the spirit stones, I kept to the blues so as to not make an eye sore on mine. My craftworld has green but I think that would be too stunting on the blacks, blues and whites I used on my harlequins. Yours is similar to mine so I'd stay with the light blues and whites. That's just me.
  • happyslugger likes this
gallery-48988-15465-6059.jpggallery-48988-16308-20607.pnggallery-30308-9518-8597.jpggallery-94427-16628-12663.png

I have come to kick ass and chew bubble gum! And I'm fresh outta bubble gum.

I like the way they pop.

ORDER OF THE CERULEAN SHROUD (SISTERS), NECRONS (ILLUMINOR'S MINIONS)
FROSEN STARS (HARLEQUINS), SAIM-HANN (CRAFTWORLD), DARK ELDAR
NIGHTLORDS,

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 592 posts

I  might just cover them over with dark purple if I am honest and keep it plain.

Reading the fluff a little - Harlies don't use spirit stones do they.  Something about their god protecting them?

8.jpg

Armies: Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights, Custodes and Harlequins.

Dread

Dread

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,454 posts
You're correct about that. The DE don't use them either but GW seems to think they need to be on all things eldar. I like the purple idea.
gallery-48988-15465-6059.jpggallery-48988-16308-20607.pnggallery-30308-9518-8597.jpggallery-94427-16628-12663.png

I like the way they pop.

NIGHTLORDS,

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 592 posts
Yes I went back to purple then reapplied the colour scheme

8.jpg

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 592 posts
Also folks, are there any forgeworld models that can be taken in Harlequin armies?

8.jpg

Dwango

Dwango

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 663 posts
  • Faction: 30k dark angels
Only as allies. There are no harlequin specific forgeworld minis.
Link to my thread - [url="http://www.bolterand...403036"]Current event badges
Hidden Content
Past event badges
Hidden Content
<p>

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 592 posts
Boo...will pick up some stuff for my custodes instead then lol

8.jpg

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 592 posts

Bit more work done

gOQ9yis.jpg

wAAQa6q.jpg

FHt4BsG.jpg

• Dread, DarkPhoenix, walter h and 1 other like this

8.jpg

DarkPhoenix

DarkPhoenix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts
  • Faction: Dark Phoenix
Looking beautiful
  • walter h and happyslugger like this

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 592 posts
Well had a 1k point game against my son and his UMs a week or so ago. Man Harlies are fast, you don't realise just how quick they can be. MVP was my solitaire who took out primaris tiggy and primaris captain with powerfist. He's fast and caught my son off guard. His starweaver will be priority next time out ..

Won 20:16 and he had zero models left at the end of turn 5

Edited by happyslugger, 03 July 2020 - 05:26 PM.

8.jpg

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 592 posts
Well back into it now having had some time out of the hobby. Got a little burned out with painting and playing and constant rules updates/changes.

But I've built, magnetised and primed two more starweavers today. A second shadowseer and a second death jester. Hope to paint them up over the next week. Then 4 more bikes followed by The Yncarne.

Son wanted a little game today so he brought 1k knights Vs 1k Harlequins which was an easy victory for us.

We are doing 1k tau Vs 1 k Harlequins next week. Helps keeps the games short and his attention on point (he is 12).

Also purchased two more battlemats from UK seller £48 each 60x44 size. Good stuff. (I don't know if I'm allowed to post shop links etc but any UK players want the details of the place let me know via PM).

Will post some pictures etc next week.

From what I gather Harlequins seem to be in a good place right now in 9th. Will play a game against myself at some point see how they fair against my custodes lol

Edited by happyslugger, 18 October 2020 - 01:25 PM.

• Dread likes this

8.jpg

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 592 posts
Hopefully painting the last four skyweavers tomorrow and that will be pretty much it.

I will have left, one starweaver (I will build and paint also making 5), two boxes of troope (leaving these for now) and the yncarne to do (not building and painting the other ynnari that come with it yet as don't think I will use them).

Will grab some group shots when I get a chance.

Future projects following the 5th Starweaver and Yncarne are.... Indomitus marines X 1 and two lots of the necrons.

Should see me for most of next year 🤣😂

8.jpg

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 592 posts

Let's see if this works.

A couple of shots of our game earlier.

VgU2kNS.jpg

VgU2kNS.jpg

aZpgoLr.jpg

K0PtCnS.jpg

q1GWSEE.jpg

Edited by happyslugger, 29 October 2020 - 12:09 PM.

• Dread and Dwango like this

8.jpg

Dread

Dread

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,454 posts
Wow! Looks like lots of fun. I'm playing a 60 PL game this sunday. Can't decide between my sisters or clowns, leaning towards clowns. Any tips?

I like the way they pop.

NIGHTLORDS,

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 592 posts
If you are going up against vehicles then skyweavers are awesome. They were not so useful against his Tau as the battlesuits don't have vehicle keyword.

I don't play too competitively. I run mine as either frozen stars for the bonus attacks, or soaring spite for the drive by shooting lol.i don't mix them too much hassle for me to remember lol.

I just try and play aggressive but keep the guys and girls in transports until they are in position to jump out.

I have 1.5k Harlequins Vs Ultra Marines and some of their new toys this weekend. Don't think it's going to be as easy (although his two redemptors could be taken out quickly if haywire dice rolls hot). I'm also taking the Yncarne for the first time so will have that zipping here and there when units die.

8.jpg

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 592 posts

Been working on this for the last few days:

HUbPqYr.jpg

Mt0pyZ9.jpg

Not quite finished but almost.  Also ordered some material to base them all with which should hopefully be here in the next few days.

• Dread likes this

8.jpg

Dwango

Dwango

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 663 posts
Love that sculpt! Looking good with your scheme too.
Hidden Content
Past event badges
Hidden Content
<p>

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 592 posts

Cheers Dwango, I just followed the GW video on Youtube lol

8.jpg

Dwango

Dwango

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 663 posts
Ooh there's a vid is there. Good to know. My whole aeldari force has a Ynarri theme running through it, mainly something red on them. I'm yet to pick up the triumvirate.
Hidden Content
Past event badges
Hidden Content
<p>

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 592 posts

yes Duncan paints the model although some of the paints are no longer around so I just used what I had.  Link below for you.

https://youtu.be/qGwYxqKGcvY

Edited by happyslugger, 29 October 2020 - 01:39 PM.

• Dread and Dwango like this

8.jpg

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 592 posts

Well some more pictures of the work I have done and the second Shadowseer and Solitaire haven't been uploaded before.  Basing I just went with some simple pre made option lol.

0PwYMlz.jpg

k0fkphN.jpg

ZaOVgLY.jpg

Will try and get a group shot at some point.  I have one more Starweaver to make and Paint (will do tomorrow) and two boxes of troupe I am yet to open.  I haven't found myself needing more than 3 troupe squads have you?  I thought I would keep these and model more as we move into 9th further and weapon costs change etc.  

• The Blood Raven and Dread like this

8.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users