Possible new space elf /clown player

happyslugger

Cheers Dwango.

I added the green as the wife said "put some green on them" but I am not sure adding more is what I want.  Trouble is, if I add it to more it could mess up the rest if I don't like it and then I am screwed, but I wont know unless I try....decisions, decisions.

Really is a simple paint scheme.  Genuinely took me less than 10 minutes to paint that on the 6 bikes.

Very nice! Scheme is really working well on your entire army. As for the spirit stones, I kept to the blues so as to not make an eye sore on mine. My craftworld has green but I think that would be too stunting on the blacks, blues and whites I used on my harlequins. Yours is similar to mine so I'd stay with the light blues and whites. That's just me.

Well had a 1k point game against my son and his UMs a week or so ago. Man Harlies are fast, you don't realise just how quick they can be. MVP was my solitaire who took out primaris tiggy and primaris captain with powerfist. He's fast and caught my son off guard. His starweaver will be priority next time out ..

Won 20:16 and he had zero models left at the end of turn 5

Edited by happyslugger

• 3 months later...

Well back into it now having had some time out of the hobby. Got a little burned out with painting and playing and constant rules updates/changes.

But I've built, magnetised and primed two more starweavers today. A second shadowseer and a second death jester. Hope to paint them up over the next week. Then 4 more bikes followed by The Yncarne.

Son wanted a little game today so he brought 1k knights Vs 1k Harlequins which was an easy victory for us.

We are doing 1k tau Vs 1 k Harlequins next week. Helps keeps the games short and his attention on point (he is 12).

Also purchased two more battlemats from UK seller £48 each 60x44 size. Good stuff. (I don't know if I'm allowed to post shop links etc but any UK players want the details of the place let me know via PM).

Will post some pictures etc next week.

From what I gather Harlequins seem to be in a good place right now in 9th. Will play a game against myself at some point see how they fair against my custodes lol

Edited by happyslugger

Hopefully painting the last four skyweavers tomorrow and that will be pretty much it.

I will have left, one starweaver (I will build and paint also making 5), two boxes of troope (leaving these for now) and the yncarne to do (not building and painting the other ynnari that come with it yet as don't think I will use them).

Will grab some group shots when I get a chance.

Future projects following the 5th Starweaver and Yncarne are.... Indomitus marines X 1 and two lots of the necrons.

Should see me for most of next year

If you are going up against vehicles then skyweavers are awesome. They were not so useful against his Tau as the battlesuits don't have vehicle keyword.

I don't play too competitively. I run mine as either frozen stars for the bonus attacks, or soaring spite for the drive by shooting lol.i don't mix them too much hassle for me to remember lol.

I just try and play aggressive but keep the guys and girls in transports until they are in position to jump out.

I have 1.5k Harlequins Vs Ultra Marines and some of their new toys this weekend. Don't think it's going to be as easy (although his two redemptors could be taken out quickly if haywire dice rolls hot). I'm also taking the Yncarne for the first time so will have that zipping here and there when units die.

Well some more pictures of the work I have done and the second Shadowseer and Solitaire haven't been uploaded before.  Basing I just went with some simple pre made option lol.

0PwYMlz.jpg

k0fkphN.jpg

ZaOVgLY.jpg

Will try and get a group shot at some point.  I have one more Starweaver to make and Paint (will do tomorrow) and two boxes of troupe I am yet to open.  I haven't found myself needing more than 3 troupe squads have you?  I thought I would keep these and model more as we move into 9th further and weapon costs change etc.