What type of Necron-themed scenery would you want made?

Wulfsheade

A while back I made a set of STL files for 3D printing for an Tau and Eldar Outpost and was going to start one for the Necrontyr.

Are there any pieces of scenery, or even vehicles you'd like to see made?

It can be for any scale, 40K or Epic. Maybe for Epic a Necron Fortress?

I'll be making some "standard" pieces like wall sections, towers and bunkers. But I wanted to ask if there was anything in particular you'd like to see made.

Below are pics of the Tau and Eldar sets I made so you can get an idea of what I'll be making for the Necrons.

918fjbJ.jpg

ve70p8V.jpg

As someone who just got a printer and has been working on designing Necron-style Zone Mortalis tiles I am very interested in this. You've done great work with both of those terrain packs.

Noctilith pylons a la Cadia could be pretty cool looking and very thematic given the current setting of the game. Some sort of grand Tomb entrance/portal would be pretty nifty too. Will you be going with a freshly manufactured look like with the Eldar and Tau sets or something more weathered?

Aside and out of curiosity, what program do you use to create your designs?

I have considered trying to design a crashed Necron capital ship to use as terrain and having a friend print it for me. That or some kind of ziggurat/tomb complex would get my vote.

Most terrain pieces I've seen come in the form of big blocks. I think it would be great to see some Necron ruin terrain. Maybe crumbled walls with Necron glyphs and a greeny glow design for the base

The following ideas spring to mind:

Small: Crystal growths (ala old 3rd edition codex).

Medium: Pylons, Dolmen Gates (some sort of Obelisk with glyphs on it, maybe encrusted with bits of Wraithbone representing the Webway trying to fight back against the "infection).

Large: Pyramids or Zigurats (pyramids better fit the Egyptian theme but the steps on zigurats make them more practical from a gaming POV).

I reckon a grand tomb entrance could be cool. Preferably with a few terraces that can be fortified. Gun emplacements primarily. Dolmen gates (check the teaser video for Pariah for info on how they look). Id be hesitant about proper fortifications though, it doesnt really seem like something necrons do. They dont line up on a wall and take cover. Theyre either attacking, or stalking from the shadows while intruders get slowly whittled down.

• 2 months later...

I'm 3d printing some stuff I found on Thingiverse that looks like the Necron buildings from Dawn of War.  One thing I was going to make in Tinkercad was a hollow frame pyramid that acts as a summoning portal or something. 

• 2 weeks later...

Great ideas!

I already had started making a Necron style pyramid with modular parts, so you can make it as large or small as you need. I posted pics of it in another thread in this board.

A Dolemen Gate is also being made, I'll post pics of that when it's ready.

I did make some Zone Mortalis compatible wall sections as well, they can also fit inside the pyramid so you can lift the pyramid layers off to reveal the playing area inside.

For the Zone Mortalis wall sections, there are separate glyph plates that will fit into the rectangular slots on the walls, they just aren't pictured in the render.

Here are some pics of the Zone Mortalis wall sections :

N9bDGj6.jpg

19wmYEh.jpg

Edited by Wulfsheade