Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000pt Raven Guard Successor - Facon PUNCH

raven guard space marines successor 2000

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Vaifan515

Vaifan515

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 43 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders

Hey all, 

Been working on an army list and would like some feedback. 

Chapter: Raven Guard Successor 
Chapter Traits: Bolter Fusillades, Long-range Marksman 
Battle-forged 

Battalion Detachment - 1,116pts, 6CP 

HQ
Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought - 139pts 
- Dreadnought close combat weapon & storm bolter x2 
- Litany of Hate & Canticle of Hate 

Lieutenant in Phobos Armor - 81pts 
- Master-crafted occulus bolt carbine & bolt pistol 
- Grav-chute 
- Frag & krak grenades 

Troops 
Incursor Squad - 95 pts 
- Incursor x4 & Incursor Sergeant 
- Occulus bolt carbines 
- Bolt pistols 
- Paired combat blades 
- Frag & krak grenades 
- Smoke grenades 

Incursor Squad - 95 pts 
- Occulus bolt carbines & Bolt pistols 
- Paired combat blades 
- Frag, krak, & smoke grenades 

Intercessor Squad - 186pts 
- Intercessors x9 & Intercessor Sergeant 
- Bolt rifles & bolt pistols 
- Frag & krak grenades 
- Thunder hammer (Sergeant) 
- Veteran Intercessors (-2 CP

Elites 
Centurion Assault Squad - 260pts 
- Centurion x4 & Centurion Sergeant 
- Hurricane bolters 
- Flamers 
- Siege drills 

Centurion Assault Squad - 260pts 
- Centurion x4 & Centurion Sergeant 
- Hurricane bolters 
- Flamers 
- Siege drills 

Spearhead Detachment - 314pts, 1CP 

HQ
Primaris Librarian - 98pts 
- Force sword 
- Bolt pistol 
- Frag & krak grenades 
- Psychic powers (Umbramancy) 
- Enveloping darkness 
- Shadowstep 

Heavy Support 
Eliminator Squad - 72pts 
- Eliminators x2 & Eliminator Sergeant 
- Bolt sniper rifle & bolt pistol 
- Frag & krak grenades 
- Camo cloaks 

Eliminator Squad - 72pts 
- Frag & krak grenades 
- Camo cloaks 

Eliminator Squad - 72pts 
- Frag & krak grenades 
- Camo cloaks 

Vanguard Detachment - 570pts, -1CP 

Primaris Chapter Master - 86pts 
- Chapter Master (-2CP) 
- Warlord - Master of Ambush 
- Chapter Relic - Burning Blade 
- Master-crafted auto bolt rifle & bolt pistol 
- Frag & krak grenades 

Elites 
Agressor Squad - 222pts 
- Agressors x5 & Agressor Sergeant 
- Auto boltstorm-gauntlets 
- Fragstorm grenade launchers 

Invictor Tactical Warsuit - 131pts 
- Incindium cannon 
- Fragstorm grenade launcher 
- Heavy bolter 
- Ironhail heavy stubber x2 
- Invictor fist 

Invictor Tactical Warsuit - 131pts 
- Incindium cannon 
- Fragstorm grenade launcher 
- Heavy bolter 
- Ironhail heavy stubber x2 
- Invictor fist 

Total: 2000pts, 6CP 

The goal of this list is to be able to put a lot of pressure on my opponent from turn one while also establishing some board control. Ideally I want to go first and use this as an alpha strike list, but I tried to make it somewhat able to handle going second. Here's my general plan: 

If I go first, Master of Ambush the chapter master and Agressors and infiltrate the Invictors and Incursors 9" away, trying to focus on overwhelming a particular point in my opponent's battle-line. Depending on the threat I can either move forward, shoot, and charge with everything, or hang the Aggressors in place to get their x2 shooting in before attempting a longer charge. Turn two the bomb drops with both Centurion units, the lieutenant, and my vet Intercessors, who will shoot and then try to charge whatever makes the most sense. They will be aided in charging by the Chaplain Dreadnought, who will be flung up the board using Shadowstep from the Librarian. The eliminators will focus down important characters and sit on objectives since I'm hoping that my opponent will be too distracted by all the more immediate threats to go after them. If I go second, I still have the ability to deploy aggressively like above, but might hang back a little more depending on cover and how my opponent deployed. My plan for the second turn would be pretty much the same. 

The reason I chose the successor traits I did was so that all of my bolter shots (of which there are many) would essentially benefit from having a Captain's aura without needing to have one around, allowing the Chapter Master to stick with the Aggressors where his rerolls to hit benefit their high volume of shots and 4+ to hit in melee. It also allows my turn two bomb to come in with both rerolls to hit and to wound thanks to the lieutenant who comes in with them. Between the Centurions' insane amount of shots (thanks to the long-range marksmen bumping up their flamer range to 11" so they can shoot with the hurricane bolters) and the Intercessors who will be popping the rapid fire strategem AND the benefit from tactical doctrine, I figure I should be able to focus down most things I need to and then charge whatever is still standing. I know the list has basically zero anti-tank, so I'm relying on melee and weight of fire to help cover that gap. The Eliminators can also put in some decent work against armor with good rolls. Pretty sure I would lose friends bringing this, but I just wanted to see how far I could push the concept. Thanks in advance for any constructive criticism!

Debauchery101

Debauchery101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,302 posts
Well you should use Raptors and tale advantage of Lias Issodon. There's no set traits for them. He basically gets the master of ambush free...a better Ex tenebris and a good melee weapon. He will save your upgrade CP. He also buffs charge, advance and move. He's a chapter master. Only particular restriction on his MoA is only OG marines. Perfect for dropping in company vets, vanguards, sternguards etc...

You should also take advantage of the Tri fold path upgrades if you're going to use so few characters. As well as the Masters of the chapters upgrades.

With the primaris chief Apothecary he's durable and with selfless healer he can do two healing actions. So you can heal up 1 wounded aggressor then Revive one. Just remember you can't revive models if there are wounded in the unit.

Phobos Chief librarian-trifold path, tome of malcador, Lord of Deceit and Master of vanguard
You can take 3 powers from 1 discipline and 1 from any other discipline. You should mostly take tenebrus curse, temporal corridor, Hallucination and veil of time or null zone.

If he and Lias are nearby then any units get +2 to to advance and charge. Plus veil for reroll charges.

One or two of the eliminators having las fusils is great. Snipers are really good but not using the Raven guard trait/super doctrine doesn't push them into an advantageous choice. If youre trying to stack Mortals with snipers a better option would be to take 1 or 2- 10 man sniper scouts and keep a chaplain with catechism of fire to boost the chance to a 5+ to inflict mortals
130 pts for 10 sniper scouts = 10 shooting attacks to get mortals
144 pts for 6 eliminators l= 6 chances to get mortals...but they do get camocloaks

The Warsuits are decent choices but I think you should prioritize 1 or 2 smash captains with Shadow master trait

Here's the Combos

Lias after deployment but before 1st turn can
pick up himself and the captains to redeploy

The Phobos Librarian can use Lord of deceit to redeploy 3 phobos units, including himself to redeploy before 1st turn. He should move himself near the Smash Cpts and lias. Then he can redeploy 2 other phobos units. Incursors if you need a screen or the eliminators to get into a better position for las fusils.

Master of Vanguard(libby) + infiltrate, isolate and destroy grants 2in to everyone the Smash captains will move ahead and you can cast Temporal Corridor on himself or or reivers/incursors

Reivers become really good for this as well. I think RG/Raptors are the best chapter for them. With no chutes or grapnels they are the cheapest 10 man primaris unit..so lots of attacks and wounds for screens

One other thing..if youre going to grab Assaultias Advances with +1 in, if you brought incursors to this murder bubble they can also advance with +2 in.

Swift and deadly(Cpt) to make everyone able to charge even if they advanced

Shadow Master(Cpt)to start the charges and not get overwatch

This is a combo that almost guarantees everyone a 1st turn charge.

Edited by Debauchery101, 20 May 2020 - 05:55 AM.

The Pleasure God's Chosen

Emperor's Children (RIP) 2500 pts
Death Guard 3500 pts
Iron Warriors 3000 pts
Enslaved Traitor Guardsmen 1500 pts
Daemons 4000 pts
Salamanders 3000 pts
Necrons 2000 pts

jpwyrm

jpwyrm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 640 posts
Be aware that Lias ability puts the selected units in Reserves. This means the combo needs to be deployed from the turn 2 onward and charges will be done from more than 9".

Also, at most you will be able to select three Warlord Traits, two of which have to be selected on the same character (Warlord + Trifold Path strat). Remember also that Lord of Deceit allows to redeploy units according to the Mission specs, so you can't deploy the units out of your deployment zone.

That being said, you could lure your opponent by deploying eliminators and the libby on one side then redeploy somewhere more advantageous in your DZ. Then use the Infiltrator strats to move and advance some units you would like to move forward like 10-man Reivers, smash captains,etc. Or use Master of Ambush WT to position a key unit forward. The extra inches to move, advance and charge will definitely help an aggressive turn 1 assault or charges from deepstrike.
  • Alcyon and Vaifan515 like this

gallery_87434_12256_5320.png

Debauchery101

Debauchery101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,302 posts

Be aware that Lias ability puts the selected units in Reserves. This means the combo needs to be deployed from the turn 2 onward and charges will be done from more than 9".

Also, at most you will be able to select three Warlord Traits, two of which have to be selected on the same character (Warlord + Trifold Path strat). Remember also that Lord of Deceit allows to redeploy units according to the Mission specs, so you can't deploy the units out of your deployment zone.

That being said, you could lure your opponent by deploying eliminators and the libby on one side then redeploy somewhere more advantageous in your DZ. Then use the Infiltrator strats to move and advance some units you would like to move forward like 10-man Reivers, smash captains,etc. Or use Master of Ambush WT to position a key unit forward. The extra inches to move, advance and charge will definitely help an aggressive turn 1 assault or charges from deepstrike.

You're right on the Issue with Lias. I dunno how I mixed the two Master of Ambushes up. My lists for Raptors uses both and I was trying work off this guys list. The end result in the Combo I was explaining actually requires both Master of Ambushes. But it is possible to do that the first turn.

Sorry for messing that up. To get the most of raptors does take some practice and having some notes on a sheet to remind you of steps really helps. I've been on learning Space wolves so I must be overfilling my brain with schemes lol.

I will revisit this and write out a correct and defined combo(s) guide for them and put it in the RG section.
The Pleasure God's Chosen

Emperor's Children (RIP) 2500 pts
Death Guard 3500 pts
Iron Warriors 3000 pts
Enslaved Traitor Guardsmen 1500 pts
Daemons 4000 pts
Salamanders 3000 pts
Necrons 2000 pts

Dracos

Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,234 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Warhawks

This list gets nothing from Lias. The Raptor Chapter Master won't play with Primaris models or Centurions. Also as a Successor, he definitely gets the Raven Guard super-doctrine. 

The list hits most the markers for a RG beatdown list. I'd prefer some more ObSec and would likely go for a Primaris Chaplain and make two Thunder Hammer Sgt and Intercessor squads, be them a bit smaller.

It's a good list though.

• Vaifan515 likes this
Hope is a moment now long past, the Shadow of Death is the one I cast

sml_gallery_7985_14167_21284.pnggallery_48988_10069_135.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_87434_12256_5320.png sml_gallery_7985_15940_5720.jpg

9eRaven Guard : 7 - 1
Imperial Knights : 3 - 2

Vaifan515

Vaifan515

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 43 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders

Thanks for all the feedback.  My initial idea was to run Lias until I ran into the same points listed above that all the units would be stuck in reserve on turn 1, and this list was trying to maximize first turn damage to set up for a turn 2 punch.  The point about splitting the intercessors down to two 5 man squads for 2 hammers instead of one was also one I considered but decided against to save CP (already blowing 3 CP just for deployment stratagems and 2 for the veteran upgrade).  I have thought about knocking them down to just regular intercessors and dropping a man or two to free up some points, but that felt like it was really removing utility as a charge threat from them.  Maybe splitting them and running them as stalker rifle squads would help shore up my ObSec deficit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: raven guard, space marines, successor, 2000

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users