++ The Lockdown Painting Challenge 2020 ++

Arquitor update: the armour edges have now been airbrushed a dark blue in preparation for edge highlighting, and the metal areas have all been based with leadbelcher. This has allowed me to complete the assembly (bar the sponsons):

BPaPjtd.jpg?1

EnHLZDE.jpg?1

Next stage may probably be nuln oil on the metal areas, before the backbreaking task of edge highlighting everything...

Oh and @Interrogator Stobz, those dreadnoughts...they're making me have some funny feelings...

I, Captain Caine vow to complete a Sanguinary Ancient for the Glory of the Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels Forum, on or by the 15th of August 2020, or bare the Badge of Shame until year's end"

IMG 20200525 132840333

I had an extra custodes body (needed a storm shield for a smash captain) so I'm now using that body, kitbashed with sanguinary guard bits. My hope is that it's a better true scale. If it works I may convert my existing squads. Otherwise I may hold off on more conversions, waiting for GW to do something official, but it could be a few years, or I may just use intercessor bodies. The halo is a custom pewter bit off ebay. Who knows if the standard of sacrifice is worth it in actual game play, or if it'll even make sense in 9th edition. 

That Lobber of Gravity will give someone some "feelings" too  :wink:

Yaws.. and for some, not the down-to-earth kind of feelings either... ;p

Beautiful work, @Interrogator Stobz, Angel of Solitude!

Edited by Skywrath

I posted my pledge to the wrong forum back on May 17th. Eeek! 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/363446-the-lock-down-painting-challenge-2020/page-5

I am reposting it here now. 

"I Ultra kblock, vow to complete a Primaris Inceptor for the glory of the Blood Angels on or by the 15th of August 2020, or bear the Badge of Shame until year's end."

Primaris Inceptor

I, LameBeard, vow to complete XIIth legion veteran sergeant (the one in the middle here) for the glory of the Age of Darkness Traitors and the gods of spelling and grammar on or by the 15th of August 2020, or bear the Badge of Shame until year's end.

med_gallery_93054_12142_546996.jpg

bare (verb): to expose or uncover, as in "I bare my breast"

bear (verb): to carry or support, as in "I bear this burden"

I think either could be fine here, but I'm just being different for the sake of it. Which reminds me, should I be bearing/baring a badge of shame for my Loyalty & Treachery failure?

Better late than never, yeah?

I, ChromeZephyr, vow to complete 1 ten-man unit of Word Bearers Chaos Space Marines and their Rhino for the Glory of the Heretic Astartes on or by the 15th of August 2020, or be marked with the Icon of Shame by the True Gods until year's end.

IMG 20200526 181605559 2

I don't see my vow up on the main page......here it is:

I, bushman101 vow to complete Mephiston (primaris version) for the Glory of the Blood Angels on or by the 15th of August 2020, or bare the Badge of Shame until year's end

gallery_52622_16364_89144.jpg

Edited by bushman101