++ The Lockdown Painting Challenge 2020 ++

Wow, I used to have that model pawl. Can't wait to see him done. Good luck! That luck goes out to everyone as well, it's great to see so many taking part in this great comp.

I have the old scout squad hidden where I can't get to it at the minute, so I picked up some old metal recently (don't like the plastic sculpts). These eBay listings to be precise

The gold trim along with the armour colour and red cloak on the back is a really nice colour triad! Where you planning on continuing the triangle pattern on the inside cloak edge or filling it in? I think filled in with red would make for excellent contrast to the white robes and give you same gold/armour/cloak triad that the back has.

The gold trim along with the armour colour and red cloak on the back is a really nice colour triad! Where you planning on continuing the triangle pattern on the inside cloak edge or filling it in? I think filled in with red would make for excellent contrast to the white robes and give you same gold/armour/cloak triad that the back has.

The triangles on the inside of the cloak, ironically were unintentional. After I done my <insert number of coats here> then I noticed that my brush clipped the inside of the cloak, as I was doing the border of it (between the two sides). I felt like it was a nice touch, so I left it, even though it doesn't look professional. 

I, Leonaides, vow to complete a single brother of the mighty first company of the Blood Angels, the Archangels, for the Glory of the the Blood Angels chapter and forum on or by the 15th of August 2020, or bare the Badge of Shame until year's end.

With his storm-bolter and power fist shall he smite the grey-hued foes of the God-Emperor forever more.

gallery_19254_1203_14352.jpg

Edited by Leonaides

Another week, another bunch of fantastic participant's efforts and results.

Brother Judah gets a WIP3 from me, nearly there:

49958438613_e0e79b828f_c.jpg

I have been painting him with his mates on the table to keep me motivated, it's working, plenty of time to base etc....

WIP #1:

IMG 20200601 110057251 2

Switched bases from 25mm to 32mm, added basing materials and gubbins to several of the figures, cleaned up a frankly embarrassing amount of mold lines left from assembly years ago, and drilled out barrels.  Rhino not pictured as nothing was done to it yet.  Hoping to be able to prime tomorrow morning.