++ The Lockdown Painting Challenge 2020 ++

I haven't really been motivated to paint over the past few months, and most of my energy has been devoted to other, non-40k, projects. But I did use some rather certain, even arrogant language when making my vow, so I had no choice but to push through the block in a couple of long sessions.

gallery_85913_15903_42942.jpggallery_85913_15903_471557.jpg

Vow failed! I'm afraid I took on too much with this one. I thought I'd have time to get this model to a state I was happy to prime, but I was wrong. Should have picked something easier!

50225076663_b43fbf12d5_k.jpg

I've now had a couple of different attempts at sculpting details like lions' heads, eagles' wings and the new apocalypse missile launchers for this guy. But I decided to concede that I won't get him finished, rather than trying to rush things and spoil the model.

Sorry all, and congrats to those who completed their vows. More pics will be posted here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/353158-mandragola%E2%80%99s-legio-astorum/page-23

I, RazorDaemon, vow to complete a Chaos Aspiring Champion for the Glory of Alpharius Omegon on or by the 15th of August 2020, or bare the Badge of Shame until year's end.

Don't have an Aplha Legion army, not even sure if I will, but I like the look and wanted to give it a try re-using an old Dark Vengeance model.

med_gallery_69057_7810_120069.png

Edited by RazorDaemon

I, TheGoldenThrone, vow to complete an Adeptus Mechanicus Skorpius Disintegrator for the Glory of the Forces of the Imperium on or by the 15th of August 2020, or bare the Badge of Shame until year's end!

D3IJZHe.jpg

For the Glory of Toasters Everywhere!

OVTkk0Zh.jpg

Damn... I completely forgot to post mine, although it is already finished since 1 month  :sweat: :wallbash:

I am glad that I set an alarm for today.

Now behold my Mad Dok Grotsnik (inkl. Orderly)

20200815 141727

20200815 141625

17 01 2017 18 14 12

20200815 141802

EDIT: and yes, he has his own Plexor/Reflex Hammer :wink:
Edited by DeRome90

The Gods have blessed us with heavy rain and thunderstorms this day...

and while the unbelievers were flushed from their caves and ran for the hills ( or some buckets...),

I was able to finish my vow!

Behold my Noise Marine!

gallery_66914_8104_642973.jpg

/cue Thunderstruck :)

I am gonna have to call it done at this point in terms of the challenge, it is about 95% done, but is missing a few of the smaller detail bits and I haven't done anything with the base beyond painting it black as I couldn't settle on how to base it. I will leave it up to the mods to decide whether it counts as challenge complete!

I will be revisiting it over the next couple of months to add detailing to the carapace and LEDs to the cockpit and hopefully to complete the base once I have settled on what to do with it.

it7MBTb.jpg?1