++ The Lockdown Painting Challenge 2020 ++

I, toaae, vow to complete Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka, da Prophet of da Great WAAAGH!, for the Glory of da Orks on or by the 15th of August 2020, or bare the Badge of Shame until year's end.

Got my hobby space set up, and I'm feeling I need a break from Sororitas. I had hoped to pledge Ghaz's points for ETL, but I'll settle for this. Gotta rep the Ork subforum whenever I can!

Got the big man ready for painting:

med_gallery_14776_14614_224427.jpg

I, Llagos_Tyrant, vow to complete 2 Ultramarine Lieutenant's for the Glory of the Chaos Space Marines on or by the 15th of August 2020, or bare the Badge of Shame until year's end.

For Chaos! Here is my vow completed:

49965696426_c6cd0bb549_w.jpg

I can follow up with better photos later. 

Some nice work going on in here, a bit late to the party but better late than never. Looks like someone needs to raise the banner for Daemons too...

I, WarriorFish, vow to complete 1 Keeper of Secrets for the Glory of Chaos Daemons on or by the 15th of August 2020. Failure is for the weak!

gallery_30308_10249_14683.jpg

Hopefully it doesn't take me as long to paint as it did to get primed :tongue.:

WIP on my Snakebite gretchin.

med_gallery_63428_13471_106988.jpeg

Since their non-combat role is guarding and tending to fungi for the warband, and that’s their runtherds job and his name, Wortthug, written in glyphs on the standard and some of their backs), I gave them an icon of a snake guarding a mushroom. I figured that if I’m painting a mushroom it may as well be a Mario-mushroom. ;)

Next up is their skin and adding some red dust to the bottom of their robes.

Progress!

I think I finally got the yellow I wanted and I think the flames turned out pretty good, a bit thick on the carapace corner, but I'm happy with it.

Now I just need to figure out if I should have the banding on the top carapace in black as I originally planed and have the part bellow yellow. Or make it metal (either "steel" or "bronze") and the part bellow black.

Potato photo, more to come in my Death Guard & Mechanicum thread during the weekend.

49975201812_d19d5af540_h.jpgIMG_20200605_232425

The yellow is gorgeous and the flames are fantastic! Did you use a stencil of some sort?

I wish I could say I freehanded it, but no. I used Anarchy Models HD22 - Hotrod Flames, they are a bit of a pain to work with cause they stick to everything but mostly you.

The yellow is a bit more desaturated than the photos. But I'll try and bring it up in later stages.

I, Captain Caine, vow to complete one (1) Invictor Tactical Warsuit, for the glory of the Adeptus Astartes, Imperial Fists Forum, before the 15th of August 2020, or bear the Badge of Shame until year's end. 

IMG 20200606 111648844

IMG 20200606 111901256

IMG 20200606 140458716

Opened the box today, took about two hours to get it cut, cleaned, and glued (took about 2 hours).