Masque of the Gilded Fable (Zebulon’s Harlequins)

Zebulon

So, while arguably I should strip the model back, I have tried to bring the front of the craft back to a shifting silver. Reassure me that it looks okay, or suggest that I need to start over - your choice.

E5EWo4x.jpg

Edited by Zebulon

Thanks both!

I think it looks better too. I am still a bit bothered that the silver bits aren’t as smooth as I would like, but I think any further coat of paint would risk losing detail, and I would be hesitant to try stripping it so I think it’s best if I finish it up and move on to troupe 3 (twilight), my characters and the second Starweaver (which I may build as a Voidweaver)

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the radio silence. I hope to provide an update with some new models soon.

First though, a bit of fluff relating to a couple of models you have seen previously:

wlZVOI7.jpg

Ithronel and Euphriel: The Twins, sisters in blood. Vulmer, Master of the Penumbral Troupe seduced them both at a performance in their native craftworld of Biel-Tan, forever ago. Now, their home long forgotten, they vie with furious jealousy to outdo each other, each desperately seeking Vulmer’s approval by delivering the perfect coup de grâce to their luckless foes...

Edited by Zebulon

I have also named all the members of my three troupes, as follows:

Masque of the Gilded Fable

Tenebral Troupe (Dark)

Phoibara (Mistress of the Night, She who must be Feared)

Ithronel (f)

Euphriel (f)

Trifon (m)

Raithuryn (m)

Vissarion (m)

Penumbral Troupe (Twilight)

Vulmer (Master of Ruses, Knave of Tricks)

Iliatar (m)

Qicaryn (m)

Kiriakyl (f)

Myantha (f)

Phaidra (f)

Lustrous Troupe (Light)

Anthimiel (Master of Japes, The Noble Rogue)

Quaraniel (m)

Manolides (m)

Zoi (f)

Sarwenys (f)

Selenari (f)

I shall be sharing more stories about some of these characters as they come to me...

So, according to my local branch of GW, Skyweavers are online only. However I tend to think that’s just because he doesn’t have a big enough shop to stock most of the cool stuff. Gripe aside, I bought some Craftworlds Windriders and did this, hope you agree it looks decent:

mJiOOWy.jpg

Edited by Zebulon

• 3 weeks later...

Shadowseer and Death Jester

There’s nothing like a detailed photo to make you realise that actually the paint job is pretty rough... still, I enjoyed myself which is half the battle, and from a cursory glance they look fine.

I know what someone was saying about the DJ model now. I had to break the spiky collar to get it in place, what were they thinking?!

DmoB2Og.jpg

Good stuff there zeb. I'm yet to build my DJ. Any tips?

Cheers!

Hm, I think if I built it again I would fit the spikey collar before the arm holding the butt end of the shuriken cannon Is dry, so that there’s still some movement to get both parts in their proper place. I think that’s the only thing that would have made it easier, to be honest.

Also maybe attach the ammo feed to the cannon last, as it tucks up under the spikey hood, instead of it being step 5 as shown in the instructions. I think that might help too.

• 2 weeks later...